watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Points from remaining games!

Started by JIMMY D, December 30, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

So people how many points do you think we will get now till the end of the season. At the start of the year I had us at 55 points. Now it looks more like 42 points and that's being generous.

West Brom. Away - 1 point
Wigan. Home - 3 points
Man City. Away  - 0 points
West Ham. Home - 1 point
Man United. Home - 0 points
Norwich. Away - 1 point
Stoke City. Home - 3 points
Sunderland. Away - 0 points
Chelsea. Home - 1 point
Tottenham. Away - 0 point
QPR. Home - 3 points
Newcastle. Away - 0 points
Aston Villa . Away - 1 point
Arsenal. Home - 0 point
Everton. Away - 0 point
Reading. Home - 3 points
Liverpool. Home - 3 points
Swansea. Away - 1 point

So only 21 points for the second half of the season. That gives us a total of 42 points. Hope this saves us. What do you all think. Is this being realistic at present time?

rusty shackleford

I think the points tallying game is "pointless" hoho but i do fear for where we will pick up points looking at the fixture list

Kent Cassandra

Arry said tonight that he was confident that QPR would get out of trouble, they have only 10 points which means to get to 40 points they have to get 30 points from 18 games. Reading have to get 27 points, Southampton 23 points and Aston Villa and Wigan 22 points... as against our 19 points.
With half a season still to run I think this is all pretty 'pointless' really
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

JackyFulham90

You can never tell but if we keep Ruiz fit and bring in a few clever signings I think 20-25 points

Ordar

Wow, actually looking at those fixtures, I really cant see us picking up any more than 21 points and as you said, thats pretty generous...

Lighthouse

I have us down to pick up 9 more points. Just made me a bit more depressed really. What with Jol saying he will not be held to ransom in the January sales. Even 9 points may be pushing it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JIMMY D

Yes the 21points is very generous. Could be more like 17, 18 points. So that would give us about 39 points.... Scary very scary. Oh and I don't think this is pointless at all. You don't think Jol has looked at this and worked out points needed.

Chesh

Oh dear!

The league isn't decided on predicta-score probabilities though is it.

In reality we''ll get a few more points against the so called top teams than people think, and a few less from the 'must wins', and on balance we will be all right.

Bad runs are part and parcel for a club of our size, and I think we are coming to the end of ours.

Anyway, as long as teams such as QPR, Reading.Southampton and Wigan don't start winning more regularly, it's not even a worry for me, until we get to the end of January at least.

As others have said, there is absolutely no point in trying to work out which points are coming (or not coming) from whatever games when we have only just passed halfway through the season - just enjoy the ride like we have for the last 11 years, and maybe start worrying when we get to the equivalent of being 2-0 down at Man City in 2008!

S001.gif

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Lighthouse

Can I just point out to all these chill pill pushers that we are all going to die.

So best be depressed now and not wait. This attitude of waiting to see what happens brought us to two world  wars and gave the Chinese the chance to put bugs in all our radio and TVs that they make and to poison our water.

Worry now for tomorrow it will be too late.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Berbatov

Its 10-11 points, if pessimistic
The visiting teams are not afraid when they come to the cottage anymore.
And those signings everyone is taking about, where are they going to come from and how is it guaranteed that they will fit in and it'll all work out instantly
You have a better chance and hope the current team put their poo together and pull it off.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Chesh

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 31, 2012, 12:28:59 AM
Can I just point out to all these chill pill pushers that we are all going to die.

So best be depressed now and not wait. This attitude of waiting to see what happens brought us to two world  wars and gave the Chinese the chance to put bugs in all our radio and TVs that they make and to poison our water.

Worry now for tomorrow it will be too late.

Worrying about things you have no control over though is interest paid on something that isn't even guaranteed to happen.........

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

JIMMY D

Funny thing is at the start of the season 90% of us was saying we would Finnish top 10 guaranteed. Why didn't we just say lets just wait till end of January and wait..... Crazy! Like I said from the top we could maybe just maybe get about 18 points. Will this keep us up. Oh and the players aren't stupid. They would look at the table and work out how many points they think they could get!

HatterDon

Quote from: JIMMY D on December 31, 2012, 01:53:39 AM
Funny thing is at the start of the season 90% of us was saying we would Finnish top 10 guaranteed. Why didn't we just say lets just wait till end of January and wait..... Crazy! Like I said from the top we could maybe just maybe get about 18 points. Will this keep us up. Oh and the players aren't stupid. They would look at the table and work out how many points they think they could get!

I believe I predicted 16th, and was told I was an unrealistic Jol hater and Dempsey lover.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

In the light of the latest results I'd say 16-17. But there's too much quality in the team. I believe top 10 is not out of reach.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MJG

Quote from: JIMMY D on December 30, 2012, 11:52:45 PM
Yes the 21points is very generous. Could be more like 17, 18 points. So that would give us about 39 points.... Scary very scary. Oh and I don't think this is pointless at all. You don't think Jol has looked at this and worked out points needed.
He said after the Swansea game we can get six or seven wins, maybe he's looking at the wrong fixtures.