watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can't seem to help myself - Finnsters Football Economic Numbers of The Week

Started by finnster01, April 22, 2010, 07:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I love these kind of things, which probably means I am a pretty sad man, but Forbes just published a new list of the Most Valuable Football teams in the world. The only list the top 20, so no Fulham (but Newcastle is in at 20...) but it is a good read and all kinds of food/fuel for thought. Man U is no 1, and a lot further ahead than Real M, which is different and to me surprising than the list produced by Deloitte 2 months ago.

Anyway, here is the URL.
http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/21/soccer-value-teams-business-sports-soccer-10-wealth_land.html?boxes=Homepagelighttop
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

finnster01

The site is very good as it offers you the ability to sort by a bunch of criteria only by a click.

White Noise

Thanks for that.

I was interested to read in The Sun today that Fulham have so far made almost £7 million from The Europa League this season I guess this is a combination of prize money, match receipts and TV payments but I wonder if we were optimistic enough to put performances bonuses into our contracts with sponsors like LG. It will be interesting to see what sort of sponsorship names and deals the club can attract now after this seasons successes and our new profile in Europe.
I guess all the players will be on performance bonuses that will pay out a reasonable amount this season but the overall dividend to the club from this season must be into eight figures.

finnster01

Quote from: White Noise on April 22, 2010, 08:39:02 AM
Thanks for that.

I was interested to read in The Sun today that Fulham have so far made almost £7 million from The Europa League this season I guess this is a combination of prize money, match receipts and TV payments but I wonder if we were optimistic enough to put performances bonuses into our contracts with sponsors like LG. It will be interesting to see what sort of sponsorship names and deals the club can attract now after this seasons successes and our new profile in Europe.
I guess all the players will be on performance bonuses that will pay out a reasonable amount this season but the overall dividend to the club from this season must be into eight figures.
I agree with that Mr WN. I am sure plenty of creative accounting will be applied, but looking at it and comparing to previous years numbers, the "real" number has to be in eight figures.

blingo

Yes Sir, you are indeed a sad person  :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :dft011:

os5889

Interesting that Arsenal have snuck without a squeak into the 1 billion club and also compared to Wolfsburg how much of a big fish Hamburg are.

Finally, how the hell did Chelsea lose more money than Man Citeh last year???

os5889

Quote from: os5889 on April 22, 2010, 09:50:39 AM
Interesting that Arsenal have snuck without a squeak into the 1 billion club and also compared to Wolfsburg how much of a big fish Hamburg are.

Finally, how the hell did the dark side lose more money than Man Citeh last year???

slaps head! Its in dollarss...

finnster01

Finally, how the hell did the dark side lose more money than Man Citeh last year???
Mr os5889,

They only way I can possibly explain the fact that Chelsea lost more money than anyone else (by quite a bit) whilst being 6th in the overall revenue table, is that the way Forbes calculate operating income must be tied to earnings per share somehow or something similar. Since Chelsea converted most of their debt into equity, which means that there now are a lot more shares so if you look at operating income on a share by share basis, it will be significant less than previous year(s).

Also, if you look at the debt/value percentage, Chelsea looks pretty good now so I think that can possibly explain it.

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on April 22, 2010, 01:03:52 PM

Mr os5889,

Also, if you look at the debt/value percentage, the dark side looks pretty good now so I think that can possibly explain it.

That's it. @ at a debt/value of 8% they must have converted debt to equity. Also note the operating income does not include player transfers, hence why you THINK Man City would lose more than Chelsea, but on an operating basis didn't.

The Rock

Very interesting Link.

I thought Spurs was number one and West Ham were number two, judging by how much more important their supporters are than I am.