News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will We Get A New Riverside Stand This Summer?

Started by Berserker, December 31, 2012, 01:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will we get a new Riverside stand this Summer or will it be put off?

Yes: Definitely whatever happens
14 (38.9%)
Yes: If we don't get relegated
17 (47.2%)
No: It will be put off until next year
3 (8.3%)
No: The planning approval was a ruse to increase the sell on value of the club
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: January 02, 2013, 01:48:17 PM

Berserker

OK a bit of a contentious poll but it's something I have been wondering about.   :001:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

A Humble Man

They will wait until we are relatively safe from the drop before deciding as we would lose 10,000 Premier League tourist supporters if we were relegated.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JustOverTheRiver

There would be no point building it if we are going down. Thats the only thing I know for definite.

Robbie

Even if we go down (unlikely), we will bounce-back straightaway, so cannot see why we would not build.

Oiseau

My Dad swears that the stand is cursed after what happened when we tried to redevelop it last time and Eric Miller.

The Equalizer

I reckon it will go ahead, no matter what. Even if we do go down, we get a handsome parachute payment which will pay for it, and there likelihood is that we would come straight back up again.

If we want to build for the future, we need to be prepared for it.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SP

An employee I spoke to at the Swansea game seemed to think the start date was wobbling.  Although, I expect his view is based on rumour & hearsay.

fulhamben

no. we will get another statement from mo saying it will def happen next year and then nothing will happen just like he did 6 years ago
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

If construction work is to start as soon as the season finishes then a contract for detailed design work needs to be let now so that tenders for civil construction work can be called in March and an award made at the end of April.

Sorry , if we wait to see if we are staying up then we will miss the chance to carry out work in the summer.

SouthfieldWhite

Berserker, fret not, we will build the New Riverside Stand, work will start in May and original I think it was going to be a 18 month project, hopfully that will now be 12 month, , anyone wanting a seat, start saving for your season ticket now, the stand will be brilliant

The Doctor

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 31, 2012, 03:25:06 PM
work will start in May and original I think it was going to be a 18 month project, hopfully that will now be 12 month

Where have those 6 months been clawed back from?  Has there been a bit of a redesign, or someone's come up with a more efficient way of doing what needs to be done?

Would be great if we could have it ready for start of 2014/15

The Equalizer

Quote from: The Doctor on December 31, 2012, 03:38:36 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 31, 2012, 03:25:06 PM
work will start in May and original I think it was going to be a 18 month project, hopfully that will now be 12 month

Where have those 6 months been clawed back from?  Has there been a bit of a redesign, or someone's come up with a more efficient way of doing what needs to be done?

Would be great if we could have it ready for start of 2014/15

To cut down on costs, we've hired a team of Pikeys. They guarantee it will be completed in just 14 months, although they won't guarantee that it'll last longer than another 14 months.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SouthfieldWhite

I was at the planning application meeting at Hammersmith Town hall and although the plans got passed, I think they still had to go through the Londons Mayors office for approval which I'm led to believe went through ok

A lot of hard work has gone into it and I doubt that will get wasted by not building it

Once finished, it will make our great stadium, even greater

Berserker

I asked  Mr B today if Fulham got relegated would he still come along to matches with me now and again. He said he would as even though he isn't a Fulham supporter or for that matter particularly likes football (apart from Hearts), he said he loved the Cottage and thought it was great travelling up to London to watch Fulham games. He said he loved the whole atmosphere at the ground, walking along the river etc. to go to the match.  :scarf:  
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

We won't get relegated, so it will therefore go ahead.

We're we to get relegated then I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were put on hold, it would be the prudent thing to do.