more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

danny murphy

Started by spikey norman, December 31, 2012, 03:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Bring him back now as player /coach
In spite of his ageing legs he still has an excellent footballing brain and has experience of being in a relegation dog fight (if necessary)
he could still do a good job for us on the pitch – great captain, good motivator of men, creative and calming presence when needed and would inspire others around him
he could pass his experience on to the younger players and would be great influence in the dressing room and he is much better than some other ageing players we have in our midfield ranks
He knows our club and would be an ideal no 2 to jol
Yes or no?

JustOverTheRiver

In a fairytale world: Yes. In the real world: No.

EJL

Apparently he's been awful at Blackburn since moving there in the summer.

I just don't think he has the legs anymore, unfortunately. I still want him to return to the club at some point in the future, be it as a coach or a lounge host.

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on December 31, 2012, 03:15:02 PM
In a fairytale world: Yes. In the real world: No.

I fear I sounded too blunt.  I would like Danny to come back behind the scenes but not as a player.

Jambo

Bring back Brian Mcbride while we are at it!!  Another mid 30 year old midfielder, probably the last thing we need, not to mention he has been shocking for Blackburn.  Sorry but its a no from me
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Oiseau

I'd love him back as a coach.

mikeyffc28

Would be great to see him back with Fulham as a coach.  Definitely not as a player - he was struggling with the pace of the prem towards the end of his time with us.  

He was the captain that we so desperately need now - vocal and authoritative with a good footballing mind and that mixed in with his history with the club and experience could help to motivate some of the players.

Fletchino

Danny Murphy will be fulham manger one day.

fulhamben

Quote from: FLETCHINO on December 31, 2012, 04:14:45 PM

really. what gives you that impression.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fletchino

Quote from: fulhamben on December 31, 2012, 04:16:20 PM

Nothing I would like him to and I thing he will go on to be a great manger one day for sombody and hope its us.

JackyFulham90

Legend of the club but his time has passed although with our midfield options this year he can't have been much worse although Sidwell & Diarra when fit are far better than Murphy

Burt

From a playing perspective I think we did the right thing.

It would have been good to have kept him going for another season, whilst transitioning him in to a coaching role.

fulhamben

Quote from: FLETCHINO on December 31, 2012, 05:17:35 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 31, 2012, 04:16:20 PM

Nothing I would like him to and I thing he will go on to be a great manger one day for sombody and hope its us.
i would have put lee clark in the frame before murphy.

TonyGilroy

Very few great players become good managers and that includes the intelligent playmaking midfielders who you would have thought would be certain to succeed.

Look at the current Premier League managers. Half of them had no playing career at top level. The only really great players among them were Mancini and Laudrup.

O'Neill, Jol, Lambert, Houghton and Clarke were very decent but I think that's about it.

Murphy could become a good manager but the type and quality of player he was is an irrelevance, surprisingly.

MJG

I wonder if MAF is interested in appointing a previous player as a manager. He has had to sack/remove 3 in his time, Adams, Bracewell and Coleman.

TonyGilroy

Bracewell is a very good example of the type of player who you would have thought would become a top manager. If not a top top one.

CH FFC

It would be good to see him as part of the  coaching staff, very influential.  I would not like to see him as a manager or player even.

St Eve

It was a mistake letting him go particularly as we then went on to lose D and D. Decimated our midfield. Sidwell was lucky if he was on the bench and now he is thought of as a superstar

fulhamben

Quote from: St Eve on December 31, 2012, 07:08:22 PM
It was a mistake letting him go particularly as we then went on to lose D and D. Decimated our midfield. Sidwell was lucky if he was on the bench and now he is thought of as a superstar
murphy was past it last year. stood in center circle for 90 mins, and did at least one suicidal blind diagonal back pass in every game. any team with a midfield with pace faster than a snail could walk past him

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on December 31, 2012, 06:05:29 PM
I wonder if MAF is interested in appointing a previous player as a manager. He has had to sack/remove 3 in his time, Adams, Bracewell and Coleman.

And it seems to me that Adams and Coleman both had a degree of success with us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel