News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good to see Hangers etc reaction at the end.....

Started by cheerupjimmyhill, January 01, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheerupjimmyhill

Good team spirit showed during and at the end of the match led by our captain...

A few other points;

We all get frustrated by results and performances but confidence is the key to being a good team, especially a good footballing team and booing etc does not help confidence. I am proud to say that i support Fulham because we try to play the game in the right way and we have footballers who like to pass the ball. These types of players have to play with confidence otherwise they delay a pass / pass backwards and do not play a natural game. Personally i would rather see us play our way out of a bad run than resort to playing like Stoke, but to do this the team needs encouragement and support not booing and scapegoats.

This is especially the case for the younger players like kaka, frei, stockdale and Briggs. Briggs today showed a lack of experience on the goal but gaining experience is the only way he will learn. I like Risse but against Southampton he showed a complete lack of professionalism when he 'thought' the ball was going out of play for a goal kick that led to good chance to Southampton. This from an experienced player is the complete opposite of a young player showing some inexperience.

Lastly, well played to Karagounis (MOTM), sidders and H&H for allowing and assisting Berba, Ruiz, Kaka and Dejagh to play the way they want to play.

PS Ruiz is getting stronger and stronger each match he plays, pls keep him fit.

watfordwhite

:plus one:
Well said that man. We will come stronger.  :clap_hands:

CurryForMario

Relegation isn't even mentioned now - we have far too much quality and will definitely avoid the drop.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

A Humble Man

You are never too good to be relegated, we must keep getting wins home and away.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Whitby Fulham

Just one thing I have noticed at the end of dec 2011/12 season Fulham's position was 13 played 19 w4 d8 l7 points 20.
This season played 20 w5 d6 l9 points 21.
Not much difference that was with murphy dempsey and moussa so lets look forward to a good second half of the season and maybe a cup run.

MasterHaynes

I found these stats and hangelands reaction very reassuring

filham

We have now played well for the last two matches, please let it continue for make no mistake we are in a relegation fight. Any more performances like those against QPR, Liverpool and Southampton and we are heading for the Championship.

I would rather us play like Stoke than the way we did against the teams I have just mentioned but of course we will not, we havn't the players for that sort of game. As long as we play our game to the best of our ability we should be ok but with injuries to certain players it could be a bad season for us.

A Humble Man

Brede loves Fulham and I am sure he will sign a new contract and is just holding out for a good deal that will take him to the end of his career.  Who can blame him and good luck to him as he deserves what ever he gets as he is a great servant and ambassador for the Club and the best example of a gentle giant I have ever met.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Northern Cottager

We've seen poor performances for quite some time and yesterday was such a relief to see us playing some decent football and looking slightly more assuring at the back. Brede looked better and I assume he hasn't been stripped of his captaincy because he does want to stay and its the contract issues rather than commitment issues which is positive.

The changes in the starting 11 have worked in our favour from Jol and hopefully with a few more creative and decent signings we'll be back where we belong sooner rather than later.

COYW.

Burt

Good if Hangers was a bit more demonstrative. It has been noticeable in the last couple of games up to this one that he has not been acknowledging the crowd at the end, he has always done that, and his body language was all wrong.

Bassey the warrior

He better sign soon or he should be shipped out. All too often Hughes has had to mop up his mistakes.

A Humble Man

Quote from: The Moose on January 02, 2013, 04:50:20 PM
He better sign soon or he should be shipped out. All too often Hughes has had to mop up his mistakes.

Bitter, twisted, vicious and untrue.
We Are Fulham, Believe.