watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Travelling support

Started by SP, January 01, 2013, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Fair play to those who travelled to the game today, an early kick-off on New Year's Day, that level of commitment is admirable, especially when it's on TV.

Our 'friends' from the Bush have a bigger challenge tomorrow night, a trip to the sh*thole, a most unpleasant experience at the best of times, £58 a ticket & a turkey shoot in prospect.  I'm sure it'll be worth the effort. Shame it's not on TV.

SouthfieldWhite

Although we wasn't there in massive numbers, I still thought it was a decent turnout considering, we tried to make a bit of noise, the baggies were very quiet for most of the game but from previous experience I know they can be very loud on their day and was on a few occasions

Thought we started off the game very well and looked like the home team for the first 15 min

Nice sunshine throughout the day but bloody cold inside the stadium, all in all a very good day, of course the win helped
COYW

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Travers Barney

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 01, 2013, 09:47:31 PM
Although we wasn't there in massive numbers, I still thought it was a decent turnout considering, we tried to make a bit of noise, the baggies were very quiet for most of the game but from previous experience I know they can be very loud on their day and was on a few occasions

Thought we started off the game very well and looked like the home team for the first 15 min

Nice sunshine throughout the day but bloody cold inside the stadium, all in all a very good day, of course the win helped
COYW

Cliffy brightened up proceedings as always.

coysw
We are the whites

SouthfieldWhite

LB, the  ( lucky) blue jumper went into retirement some 12 or so games back as it was getting too much stick, I decided to bring it out of retirement for this game , do I need to say anymore  :dft003:

I also predicted a 2-1 win and Berbatov as first scorer, the only downside was I couldn't find a bookies to put the bet on, but do have witnessed ;-)

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Travers Barney on January 01, 2013, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 01, 2013, 09:47:31 PM

COYW

Cliffy brightened up proceedings as always.

coysw

Cliffs was about 5 rows behind me, I did hear him and turned round once to see him standing up saying something, but was too focused on the game, hope you had a good trip back

Fletchino

Was a good turn out today really for what it was. It could be worse we could only have 6000 at a home FA cup game on saturday no not us QPHaha. Wonder how many of them are WBA.

ash

Agreed, was a great away day!

CurryForMario

I really wanted to go, but just never got round to booking a train ticket - wasn't to sure on our current form whether it would be worth going for another drubbing - totally regret that now!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

JimmyDunnesBum

yes, it's an expensive time of year and not everyone can afford it . and yes, we are perennially poor away , but the travelling support today ( the numbers ) was pathetic . games such as these  we should be taking 1500 as a bare minimum , not the few hundred of us who could be bothered . again , pathetic.

Luffy86

You would of thought it was about time the club itself addressed the situation and done something to improve it...

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: JimmyDunnesBum on January 02, 2013, 12:12:34 AM
yes, it's an expensive time of year and not everyone can afford it . and yes, we are perennially poor away , but the travelling support today ( the numbers ) was pathetic . games such as these  we should be taking 1500 as a bare minimum , not the few hundred of us who could be bothered . again , pathetic.

I think that's a little harsh, as you say , it's an expensive time of year, a lot of people were out celebrating New Year and being an early ko and being live on Sky , and our current form, there's a lot of reasons there why people didn't go

Everyone is different and I'm sure in the ideal world we'd all love to go to every away game, cost is my biggest problem as when you got a family, there are other things that you need to spend your money on, if I was single again , I probably wouldn't care as much about money and be at most games, so considering the circumstances, I didn't think it was a bad turn out

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 02, 2013, 06:44:39 AM

I think that's a little harsh, as you say , it's an expensive time of year, a lot of people were out celebrating New Year and being an early ko and being live on Sky , and our current form, there's a lot of reasons there why people didn't go

Everyone is different and I'm sure in the ideal world we'd all love to go to every away game, cost is my biggest problem as when you got a family, there are other things that you need to spend your money on, if I was single again , I probably wouldn't care as much about money and be at most games, so considering the circumstances, I didn't think it was a bad turn out

dress it up how you will but , perhaps wigan aside , every prem club would have taken more . even qpr , who sometimes can't even fill out their own tinshack , would have taken many, many  more.

yes , plenty would have found the expense beyond them at this time of year , but it still isn't good enough - no excuse for such a poor turnout.

PokerMatt

Quote from: JimmyDunnesBum on January 02, 2013, 09:23:49 AM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 02, 2013, 06:44:39 AM

dress it up how you will but , perhaps wigan aside , every prem club would have taken more . even qpr , who sometimes can't even fill out their own tinshack , would have taken many, many  more.

yes , plenty would have found the expense beyond them at this time of year , but it still isn't good enough - no excuse for such a poor turnout.

Expense is a perfectly good reason for not going to a football match. Of course it is.

I've not had a ST since our Europa qualification season under Roy. I hardly have any spare income these days and what I do have I try to save up for things like, I dunno, arranging my wedding or a holiday or something more boring like a surprise bill.

If I had more money I'd go more often, but I don't so I can't.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Burt

Actually, there are plenty of excuses.

Cost being one. Particularly at this time of the year.

Second being that this is very much a time of year for doing "family" related things, it's about the only time of year all of mine get to meet at the same time.

A third reason that comes to mind is our piss-poor away record...

And there are probably other reasons too, that are more individual... But to say that there is no excuse is a bit of a generalisation, in my opinion.

King_Crud

my excuse is I have a life, football isn't the be all and end all for everyone

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: King_Crud on January 02, 2013, 10:55:21 AM

and the few who went yesterday don't have lives and football is the be-all and end-all for them ? what a ridiculous thing to imply.

some of you just don't get it , i'm talking generally .

the truth is our support , generally again,  is all too bleedin comfortable . had the game been at the bridge , we'd have sold out 3000 easily ; rest assured , the money would have been found . and yesterday cost roughly the same as going to chelsea .

Luffy86

It about time the club help the situation then.. Regard of people's situations.

King_Crud

Quote from: JimmyDunnesBum on January 02, 2013, 11:26:58 AM
Quote from: King_Crud on January 02, 2013, 10:55:21 AM

and the few who went yesterday don't have lives and football is the be-all and end-all for them ? what a ridiculous thing to imply.

no, but the original remark was that our support was "pathetic", implying that people who weren't in attendance should have been

Northern Cottager

Had it been a 3 o clock kick off I think a lot more would have made the trip. Its a long way to go and would have made people reconsider NYE plans.