watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Against Blackpool

Started by A Humble Man, January 02, 2013, 05:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

If a Cup run got us relegated then we would deserve to go down. A cup is our only chance of glory.

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 02, 2013, 07:54:06 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 02, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
Why play a weakened team? Blackpool will be up for it and we need to win the game I think he should name the strongest team available hopefully he goes for an unchanged line up with a few of the boys back from injury on the bench

Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Sidwell Karagounis Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Schwarzer , Senderos , Baird , Duff , Frei , Petric , Rodallega

We need to concentrate on the League, a cup run could get us relegated.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

HatterDon

Quote from: domprague on January 03, 2013, 07:32:12 PM
If a Cup run got us relegated then we would deserve to go down. A cup is our only chance of glory.

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 02, 2013, 07:54:06 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 02, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
Why play a weakened team? Blackpool will be up for it and we need to win the game I think he should name the strongest team available hopefully he goes for an unchanged line up with a few of the boys back from injury on the bench

Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Sidwell Karagounis Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Schwarzer , Senderos , Baird , Duff , Frei , Petric , Rodallega

We need to concentrate on the League, a cup run could get us relegated.

Agree. It's our only way to win any silverware. I really want Fulham to be cup warriors.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JackyFulham90

I want to see our strongest team but think Richardson will get a last chance to impress

CH FFC

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 04, 2013, 12:50:05 AM
I want to see our strongest team but think Richardson will get a last chance to impress
I agree, and I also feel that this is a good time for him to get that chance.
Also, we may see Frei instead of Kaca, and possibly see Baird.

I think there will be changes, even though I feel we need to put out the same team for consistency.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Petric in the starting line up either, but I am betting Ruiz will start.

Riversider

I would give our young Australian winger Ryan Williams a go ,bags of potential and will be pushing Frei and Kaka for a place shortly,
Hopefully Briggs and Stockdale are both given a well earned rest, one that lasts about 5 months !!!
From a Blackpool point of view I hope that Ince is rested as they don't want him cup tied and hopefully Delfounso won't be allowed by Villa to play and Baptiste is rumoured to be off to Leicester so hopefully he is missing also, with those 3 missing it will be a huge ask for the seasiders .

JBH

I would go for this line up:

Stockdale

Kelly        Hangerland    Senderos    Richardson

Duff           Baird           Sidwell         Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Petric/Rodder

Smogyi
Riise
Hughes
Karagounis
Rodders/Petric
Ruiz
Frei

JackyFulham90

I got a feeling Sidwell will be rested with Baird coming in and maybe Richardson for Kaca the rest I think will be the same as West Brom Jol will take this game seriously

Lighthouse

Stockers in goal for the continued experience. Kelly Senderos, Baird, Briggs across the back

Frei and Duffer on the wings or Deja for Duff if not. Up front Petric and Rodders.

Which leaves Kasami and Richardon on central midfield.

Great going forward.

Latest - Petric still injured so any other choices for up front besides Ruiz and Berbatov?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

According to Jol's pre-match comments:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/04/jols-blackpool-preview

"...   Mladen Petrić (hamstring), Damien Duff (calf), Mark Schwarzer (neck), John Arne Riise (shin) and Stephen Kelly and Mahamadou Diarra (both knee) will all be missing when the Tangerines arrive in SW6, while Simon Davies also remains sidelined with a hip problem ..."

mr-ska

Tavares has been reported to of left by mutual consent.

JackyFulham90

With the injuries confirmed I think we will be unchanged but would like to see Kasami get a chance off the bench

Unchanged 11

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Baird , Kasami , Richardson , Frei , Rodallega

A Humble Man

Jol's Blackpool Preview
Friday 4 January 2013 13:34

Fulham boss Martin Jol has several injury absentees for Saturday's (3pm) FA Cup with Budweiser Third Round tie with Blackpool.

Mladen Petrić (hamstring), Damien Duff (calf), Mark Schwarzer (neck), John Arne Riise (shin) and Stephen Kelly and Mahamadou Diarra (both knee) will all be missing when the Tangerines arrive in SW6, while Simon Davies also remains sidelined with a hip problem.

"Petrić is still out," said Jol. "Hopefully he will be back next week, but that is what I said last week. We'll have to wait and see. Duff is still out and Diarra is still injured."

Despite being out for some weeks, Diarra has been called up by Mali for the African Cup of Nations. Jol, though, doesn't expect the midfielder to feature.

"He will travel to Mali next week but he can't play for us and I don't think he will be available for them for the African Cup of Nations," said Jol. "They will look at him next week and make an assessment.

"Kelly is out with a knee injury but it's minor and hopefully he will be back next week. Schwarzer has got this neck spasm and he will be out. Riise has a gash in his shin and will also be out on Saturday."

Despite the lengthening injury list, Jol has confirmed he will name a strong starting XI for the fixture with npower Championship outfit Blackpool as he looks to make an impression in this season's FA Cup.

"I will go with a strong side," he said. "I don't want to make that mistake. We haven't played 60 games like last year. We can use the players that are fully fit.

"I love the competition. When I played in England there were always special moments and special games. Most of the time they were sell-outs and it gave a lot of teams reason to spark their season. For me, that's still the same.

"It's about motivation and if we can inspire ourselves. Our supporters haven't been spoilt with a lot of Finals over the years. I've had a few Semi-Finals and Finals as a player and a manager and they are always great occasions. A club like Fulham won't win the title but a cup is a possibility."

With the January transfer window now in full swing, Fulham have been linked with a host of names already this month.

Jol, though, insists the majority of the reports are just speculation, stating: "We will only tell you if something happens - 95 per cent of all names mentioned are not true.

"Hopefully the players who are currently out injured will be back soon and that will be a big bonus. There won't be a lot of business to be done in January. You have to pay maximum price but if we can strengthen we will. I can't tell you now how many faces there will be, but hopefully one or two.

"I prefer to do my business in the summer. There are more free transfers and loan deals to be made. It's the perfect time to do something."

Meanwhile, Jol has confirmed that defensive midfielder Mickael Tavares has departed the Club after his short-term deal came to an end.

The 29-year-old joined the Whites on a free transfer in October after leaving Hamburger SV in the summer but didn't make an appearance for Fulham's First Team.

"We didn't extend it," said Jol. "It was a month to month contract. He was a great pro and I knew him from Hamburg but he was a back-up player and there was no necessity to use him. We thank him for being here but we decided not to extend his contract."
We Are Fulham, Believe.

tomcolemanfry

Quote from: mr-ska on January 04, 2013, 02:44:51 PM
Tavares has been reported to of left by mutual consent.

Saw him playing for the reserves at Palace and I didn't really understand why we signed him then. Was let go from his month by month contact apparently.

Back to the origianal topic, by the sounds of Jol's conference earlier, we've still got a lot of injuries, and not only does he want to play a strong team, it seems our only choice is to play a strong team!