watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Against Blackpool

Started by A Humble Man, January 02, 2013, 05:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

Jol has two choices for the Cup Team, he can keep a winning Team or rest them after the taxing Winterval programme.  If he does go for change this is my team assuming no injuries.

Mark Schwarzer
Stephen Kelly
Philippe Senderos
Chris Baird
John Arne Riise
Damien Duff
Pajtim Kasami
Mickael Tavares
Simon Davies
Mladen Petric
Hugo Rodallega
We Are Fulham, Believe.

RaySmith

I think he'll play quite a strong team since there is a week's rest afterwards, but he will probably rest players like Ruiz, maybe Berba, Kara - well, I think he would like a good cup run, but must also be worried about injuries.

Theoretically, we  should be able to put out a team to beat Blackpool without many current first choice players, but it doesn't always work like that.

rusty shackleford

Stockdale

Kelly Hughes Hangeland Briggs
Duff Baird Sidwell Frei
Rodallega Petric

FFCfan

Stockdale

Kelly H&H Briggs

Duff Davies Kasami Frei

Hugo Petric

TonyGilroy

I'd treat it like a League game and play the strongest team posible.

Let's do our best to win to try to get to Wembley, win the Cup and get into Europe.

Also let's go on a winning run. Get into the winning habit.

HatterDon

I have given up on figuring out Jol's pattern -- if he has one -- but if I were Fulham's gaffer, here's what I'd do.

Take the side that won so convincingly yesterday and rest:

Ruiz -- to protect from injury from Championship style defending
Karagounis -- he's an OAP and, if there's a limited # of minutes in him we need them in the league
Hangeland -- if he's going in January, we won't want him cup-tied.

Bring in:

Frei -- try him in the hole behind Berbatov. I think he might do us a job there.
Kasami -- or Baird, still not sure which
Senderos -- Let's see what a Senderos-Hughes partnership can look like in case they'll become our starting two on default.

That leaves us with:

---------------------------- Stockdale -----------------------------------

Riether --------- Senderos --------------- Hughes ---------------- Briggs

Dejagah ------------ Sidwell ------------ Kasami -------------- Kacaniklic

------------------------------- Frei ------------------------------------

------------------------------- Berbatov -------------------------------

Appearances off the bench to Petric [if healthy] and one of the youngsters [Tavares, Smith?]
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Sheepskin Junior

Etheridge (if fit)
Riether Senderos Hangeland Riise
Davies Tavares Kasami Richardson
Petric Rodallega
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

BestOfBrede

Almost everyone has gone for Petric but is he definately back from injury? Even if he is, I personally wouldn't risk him yet as he is not match fit.

Enter the Frei

I wouldn't change the side too much, maybe give players like Kasami, Baird, Hugo, Frei game time as they don't look first choice right now.

Maybe a couple of youngsters on the bench as well, but Blackpool will be dangerous hopefully somebody nabs Ince before we play them because him and Matty Phillips are very dangerous.

west kowloon white

Would give Parker and Willywinkle a run-neither cup tied

HatterDon

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 02, 2013, 07:35:35 PM
Would give Parker and Willywinkle a run-neither cup tied

well, since neither has signed and since Howlerschlong needs to get the work permit thing sorted, I doubt we'll see them on Saturday. Nice thought, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

I put out that speculative team just to show that despite people who say we do not have a strong squad that 11, that is completely different to the team who played yesterday, is a strong team full of internationals.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

west kowloon white

JackyFulham90

Why play a weakened team? Blackpool will be up for it and we need to win the game I think he should name the strongest team available hopefully he goes for an unchanged line up with a few of the boys back from injury on the bench

Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Sidwell Karagounis Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Schwarzer , Senderos , Baird , Duff , Frei , Petric , Rodallega

A Humble Man

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 02, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
Why play a weakened team? Blackpool will be up for it and we need to win the game I think he should name the strongest team available hopefully he goes for an unchanged line up with a few of the boys back from injury on the bench

Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Sidwell Karagounis Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Schwarzer , Senderos , Baird , Duff , Frei , Petric , Rodallega

We need to concentrate on the League, a cup run could get us relegated.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

jmh

Is Davies fit?  A lot of people seem to be suggesting a lineup including him, but I haven't read anything to suggest that he's ready for match action.

costarican white

I think Ruiz needs some minutes to level up his game, not sure if in the starting XI or from th ebench but I think he will play
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

tomcolemanfry

Why bother playing a weakend team? I'd use this as a chance go give the team against WBA more playing time together.

JackyFulham90

Quote from: tomcolemanfry on January 02, 2013, 08:28:30 PM
Why bother playing a weakend team? I'd use this as a chance go give the team against WBA more playing time together.

Completely agree no need to change the team

AlFayedsChequebook

I'd go for our strongest team but drop Berba (who needs a rest).

Play either Petric or the Rod off of the rejuvinated Ruiz and not only will we get an idea of how we look without Berba, but also give the other strikers a run out