News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol Confirms Chris David Signing( Merged topic)

Started by shnlwswlkr, January 04, 2013, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birmingham White

"He is here," Jol said of David. "He has signed and he is here.

"He trained with us this morning. He is 19 years of age, player of the year of all the academies in Holland.

"He is an exciting talent but he will need at least six months of a year to adapt, but hopefully he will do it quicker. He is a very, very good talent.

"People say Ajax were interested and I imagine there will have been other clubs who were interested in him.

"We are very happy to get him. Maybe you can remember there was a little worry with his medical check on the last day of the transfer window so we decided not to do it.

"We took more time and that was a little problem for the boy because he couldn't play.

"First we have to get him fit and after that you will see he is an international player at all levels so I am very happy we have got him."

Meanwhile, Jol also confirmed former Middlesbrough midfielder Mickael Tavares is to leave the club after being brought in on a month-to-month basis in October.

"He was a great pro and I knew him from Hamburg, but he was a back-up player," the Dutchman said.

"There was no necessity to use him so we thank him for being here but we decided not to extend that contract. This was probably his last day."
yee-haw!

Birmingham White

Sorry just seen the quote on the other link - it must have been posted whilst I was on the phone.

mr-ska

No worries Birmingham White.. ill just merge the topics..  cheers

mr-ska

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 04, 2013, 02:19:41 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 04, 2013, 01:09:03 PM
Was he highly rated by the Twente staff or academy staff?

I can't imagine we paid a lot of money for him, so I'm a bit sceptical as apparently he hasn't featured for Twente and they've let him go.

Twente wanted to keep him but he wanted to join us. Ajax tried to get him in the summer.

Interesting that some young players are starting view Fulham as a better option for their carreer progression than a traditional European power such as Ajax, who have a strong history ofdeveloping young talent.  Even if we get two or three seasons, like we did with Dembele, it can improve the stature of both the player and the club.

I hope the fitness issue Jol mentioned in the press conference is simply match fitness, having been frozen out of Twente's first team for wanting to leave.  Indications are that is the case, rather than anything more serious, as he traind with the squad this morning.

Welcome to Fulham FC, Chris David

VicHalomsLovechild

Well after watching the youtube clip provided, I guess we'll see him at half-time next home game. shouldn't have a problem scoring against Billy the Badger !!!

horse1031

Bobby2012

Chris David is a Creative midfielder and was crowned as Best Player in the Holland Eredivisie U18. He's Player like Wesley Sneijder and strong with his left and right foot. David is Captain of Holland Under 19. His Coach Patrick Kluivert (jong Twente) was very happy that he have a toptalent David in his Team. Watch video interview website chrisdavid.nl where Kluivert say how happy he is with player Chris David in his team. Ajax was interested in David, but Twente didn't wants to let him leave to Amsterdam.

Jamie88

Anyone know how much he cost us and how long we have him tied down for?

cebu

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 05, 2013, 01:34:22 PM

As usual, Fulham don't indicate the transfer fee, but the contract is for 4 years, I believe.

cmg

Undisclosed sum.

This will turn out to be far too much if he doesn't turn out to be an instant success and far too little if we want to sell him.

He will play a few times for the development squad, whereupon dozens of people who have never seen him play will clamour for his immediate inclusion in the first team on the grounds that he's "got to be better than ******". If he does get in the team, a few initial mistakes will see him branded as DS (Designated Scapegoat) and cited as an example of our attrocious recruitment policy. One or two experts will then state that, although he is useless in his current position, if we had a decent coaching staff he could be converted into a Centre Back/Goalkeeper/Turnstile Operator on the grounds that he's "got to be better than ******".

If he turns out to be any good we will all start worrying that he is bound to be go to a bigger club at the next window and that the feebleness of his contract is an example of our attrocious recruitment policy.

If he becomes a star some deluded old fogey (probably me) will assert that he is nowhere near as good as Johnny Haynes/Jimmy Hill/Julian Hails.

Welcome to the Big Time, Mr David.

YankeeJim

My, isn't that just the most cheerful thing you've ever heard?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

rusty shackleford

CH FFC

Quote from: cebu on January 05, 2013, 02:00:29 PM

As usual, Fulham don't indicate the transfer fee, but the contract is for 4 years, I believe.

I have seen a few threads that the fee was around 850,000.  His contract was nearly up, and they weren't playing him because he was agreed to come here during the summer transfer window.

A Humble Man

We Are Fulham, Believe.

zzamora

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 05, 2013, 09:25:07 PM
Is he Belgium as they are all brilliant.

Dutch.

That means he is technically excellent.