watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Evening Location & Anticipation Level

Started by White Noise, April 22, 2010, 11:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Where, how and who with are you watching the game this evening?

How difficult are you finding it to think of anything but the game and function in anything like a normal way - how high is your excitement level compared to other big matches of the last 2 and a half season??

The Doctor

I'll be watching in a pub in Reading with a TIFF regular and a couple of workmates - one of whom I've converted to the cause and the rest who are just along for a laugh.

Functioning is a problem, but I've got a meeting this afternoon to focus on in the meantime.  Excitement levels are through the roof, but not the expectation.  I ask simply that the team play to the utmost of their abilities and do us proud

GoldCoastWhite

My antcipation level is very high, but so is my disappontment and frstration level as I can't watch the game !!! STILL haven't got my blasted TV working (and it's on free to air here). I would have got up at sparrows' to watch at the 24 hour sports bar in town but I'm working from 0630 local (10pm UK time). I will have a live text or similar on the computer at work but expect I'll only be able to snatch quick glances and updates. Must ensure I'm able to watch the decider. COME ON FULHAM !!!

TonyGilroy

On my own in front of my computer with my wife watching the leaders debate on TV in the next room.

And genuinely and seriously regretting that I can't watch both and feeling shallow for choosing the football. The General Election is more important. Much more. Really.

For all that I can't say I'm that excited. I expect a cautious, competent performance with us at worse losing by a goal.

Then I'll be at the Cottage next Thursday full of anticipation but still feeling guilty at missing the debate.

Being a football nerd is a burden but being both a football and politics (and music) nerd is frankly shameful.

OtterFFC

I was supposed to be watching it in a pub in Woking with South London White and Mr Ska, but my wife informed me last night that she has to work tonight and I have to look after our daughter.  Will have to listen to it on the radio, as I haven't got ESPN - gutted.

I have butterflies already - I don't mind admitting at the beginning of the season the Europa competition was way down my list of priorities, as I thought we would go too far in it and the additional games would put our Premier League status in jeopardy.  

I am glad to admit I was wrong!

COYWs

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 22, 2010, 12:25:28 PM
On my own in front of my computer with my wife watching the leaders debate on TV in the next room.

And genuinely and seriously regretting that I can't watch both and feeling shallow for choosing the football. The General Election is more important. Much more. Really.

For all that I can't say I'm that excited. I expect a cautious, competent performance with us at worse losing by a goal.

Then I'll be at the Cottage next Thursday full of anticipation but still feeling guilty at missing the debate.

Being a football nerd is a burden but being both a football and politics (and music) nerd is frankly shameful.

Surely just watch the replay of the leadership debate on BBC2 after the game??

ImperialWhite

Quote from: White Noise on April 22, 2010, 11:35:39 AM
How difficult are you finding it to think of anything but the game and function in anything like a normal way - how high is your excitement level compared to other big matches of the last 2 and a half season??

Very very exited, and finding it very very hard to concentrate. Same for every Europa game we've had since the group games started tbh. If we qualify for Europe next year I think I might fail my degree...

Hazey

The Golden Lion for me I think.

I don't want to be out the back of some pub watching on a small a screen as a group of tourists watch the Reds.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Lighthouse

I shall be working on the computer and will try and find somewhere to pick up a feed or listen to it. But I am not in the slightest worried. Usually I would be tense at such a game but we are in the semi final. We never do well in semi finals. This has been such a wonderful journey that I have covered all the bases (players being sent off and banned, being beaten by several goals) and will enjoy it knowing that we have done more than we could have been expected to do.

Good luck to all. This is a final in itself. Whatever happens now nothing can spoil this great journey.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whiteroom

I am ridiculously excited. I'm watching in  small pub in Newcastle. I am glad that i have got my quarter final of the inter mural 5 a side competition to think about this afternoon though. Its taking my mind off it. Im pretty nervous, about the Fulham game.

TonyGilroy

]

Surely just watch the replay of the leadership debate on BBC2 after the game??
[/quote]

In theory of course that's fine. But I'll be on a high and only concerned with match reruns, reaction etc. Or I'll be in despair.

I'll not be in the mood for the debate and that puts me on the same level as the general population who are politically illiterate and in every way my inferiors.

I thought.

LBNo11

...to all those who do not have ESPN or a link, you can get the official UEFA 'stream' at:-

http://video.uefa.com/Video/Live/Competitions/UefaCup/Country=GB/MatchList.html

it will set you back a whole £1.99, I'm not sure if you have to register with the site but it is a small problem compared to missing the match.

Me, I have ESPN as a Virgin customer, so I will be sitting down with the family at 'Craven Cottage' in Tolworth...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

We are having our kitchen rebuilt at the moment so I have the perfect excuse to take the family to the pub for a slap-up meal. Naturally it will be a pub with a TV on the wall...

BestOfBrede

I'm watching in a pub just north of Peterborough where i've watched all the ESPN games.
I'm the only one in that Bar as well - really strange feeling but obviously a good omen!

I must admit - I haven't thought about hardly anything else for 2 days now!

blingo

In Gib possibly spain on the computer for Blingo. Really looking forward to it aswell.

Abbotsbury White

Got to admit to being a shallow one,up until today I've managed to keep it all in some sort of perspective but since I woke (early)this AM It has dominated my every thought,we are so damn close to doing something I never thought possible,It's been such a long road since me and the lad sat in the sunshine in a half empty cottage back LAST summer watching the 1st game and to be honest that was more like a pre season friendly,but as has been said it has been a great journey and whatever happens I am immensley proud of the team.
As for tonight nipping off work early and am going to get a bbq going ,couple of mates and family around all fed by 7.45 then settle down with everything crossed.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

mrska

Me, Julie my G/f and Jay south London White are watching it in O'neils in Woking with other FFC fans

Jimpav

It's not sunk in yet.

Going to be watching the match with a couple of mates. Neither are dyed in the wool Fulham fans but both have been coming to matches with me for years. One is a season ticket holder and wants us to win this more than he does Liverpool (his own team).

Not sure where weare going to watch the match. Finishing work late and logistics rule out the Cottage so will probably go to a pub in Angel.

Vinnieffc

Been nervous but excited all day. Will be watching in the Windmill pub in Acton with another 3 Fulham converts and one from The Dark Side who wishes us well :-)

os5889

Currently giddy as my old aunt and salivating at the prospect of tonight in sunny Warwickshire, I shall be heading to my local post 5 a side to enjoy the match!