really enjoyable game

Started by kevin, January 05, 2013, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 07:08:19 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2013, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 05, 2013, 06:59:29 PM
Well I was in D block row A right on the aisle and all around me were totally p**sed off with how we played. Football used to be entertaining, lots of action, runs and SHOTS ON GOAL, we do nothing like that at all apart from the commendable old " Bubble" who usually has his shots blocked ,but at he and Sidwell give it 100 % each game.  everything has to go through the D, we try and walk the ball in the net, lump crosses in to no one ,  summing up we were totally boring for 80 minutes of that game. If the opposition play deep then you have to change your tactics to win, problem is we do not have a plan B

West Ham are playing exactly the same deep system against United at the moment. United cannot create anything.

17 shots on goal from us.

I do agree that Berbatov is being focused on to much, espcially when he comes so deep (which is extremly frustrating for me because Ruiz is playing in exactly the same position).
Six in midfield when those two start up front together. Easiest job being a center back against us.

Agree. Need someone to play infront. Dare I say it... Darren Bent?
you dared!!!

ffcfulham

wont get bent after he played and scored today we seriously lack pace up there
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

ffc73

Dare I say that it is more a Zamora type than Bent style player to play up top. Someone who can keep the centre halves occupied, hold the ball & bring the Ruiz & Berba players into the game from deep positions.

Hugo's first touch is non existent (as demonstrated again today) & Petric when fit has the touch but not the physical presence to hustle & bustle a back line

zzamora

Quote from: ffcfulham on January 05, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
wont get bent after he played and scored today we seriously lack pace up there

Villa can't afford to play him in the league: something like a few more appearances and they owe more money that they dont have to Sunderland.

I think he could be very sellable for 6 million.

rusty shackleford

The replay has scrappy miserable 1-0 defeat written all over it

This is what the Blackpool manager had to say about the replay at bloomfield road:

"It is as bad a surface I have ever seen in the league. I don't think Fulham will be comfortable or enjoy playing there."

CH FFC

Quote from: FFC73 on January 05, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Dare I say that it is more a Zamora type than Bent style player to play up top. Someone who can keep the centre halves occupied, hold the ball & bring the Ruiz & Berba players into the game from deep positions.

Hugo's first touch is non existent (as demonstrated again today) & Petric when fit has the touch but not the physical presence to hustle & bustle a back line

I agree with the thought of getting a Zamora'ish type of player, someone that can hold up the ball for Ruiz and Berbatov.
Petric maybe up to that, Hugo probably not.  Doesn't Trotta hold the ball up well?  I think we could get by with a good target man that is there to support Berbatov and Ruiz.  Doesn't have to score the goals, but provide the time and space for others to score them.

SG

Quote from: epsomraver on January 05, 2013, 06:09:03 PM
Quote from: kevin on January 05, 2013, 06:03:07 PM
It was a really enjoyable game and must have been great for the neutral support
we should have won easily but blackpool rode their luck and dug in with a lot of defenders behind the ball
i think they will play much more open at home which should suit us on the counter
hard luck lads  bring on wigan

Don't know what game you were watching? out paced and outplayed by a poor Championship side and it was an enjoyable game???  fp.gif fp.gif

Well I thought it was an enjoyable game and certainly didnt think we were outpaced or outplayed. First half was even with chances for both teams and second half was virtually all Fulham. They had 10 back, defended deep and well but broke quickly much like the Ha Ha's at the Dog Track this week. It happens and sometimes comes off. If we had shown the same urgency in the first half as we did in the last 25 minutes it could have been different and I would accept that is a very valid criticism. Their defending at the end was fairly desparate but I thought that they deserved to get something out of the game for that effort alone. So, frustrating for the fanatic but enjoyable for the neutral.

elgreenio

can't say it was particularly enjoyable watching us go sideways for all of 70minutes. looked like we decided we`d won the game after 2minutes so fancied some keep ball. was nice watching Richardson and frei injecting some pace and purpose late on though
touch my camera through the fence

bill taylors apprentice

Well the say "football is a funny old game" and "a game of opinions"  but your opinion on todays game is not funny, just plain wrong.