more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

really enjoyable game

Started by kevin, January 05, 2013, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

It was a really enjoyable game and must have been great for the neutral support
we should have won easily but blackpool rode their luck and dug in with a lot of defenders behind the ball
i think they will play much more open at home which should suit us on the counter
hard luck lads  bring on wigan

DiegoFulham

not hopefully we take up our end in Blackpool. COYW's!!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

epsomraver

Quote from: kevin on January 05, 2013, 06:03:07 PM
It was a really enjoyable game and must have been great for the neutral support
we should have won easily but blackpool rode their luck and dug in with a lot of defenders behind the ball
i think they will play much more open at home which should suit us on the counter
hard luck lads  bring on wigan

Don't know what game you were watching? out paced and outplayed by a poor Championship side and it was an enjoyable game???  fp.gif fp.gif

EJL

It's very difficult to break down a team playing like Blackpool did today: eleven men behind the ball and hit on the counter attack. Props to Michael Appleton as it shut us out for a good eighty minutes.

Lots of chances and, yes, it was quite enjoyable. Should have won it at the end, though.

ffcfulham

brang my greek flag and what does he do produces a beauty
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

Abbotsbury White

It was awful,they were the better team,we looked lethargic and if it wasnt for Stockdale we could have been out of it in the 1st half,it was one of those games that as it went on you knew they would score we were lucky to draw and I will take that,yes we did ok but that was in the final 10 mins!anyway "I'm on the p**s with KARAGOUNIS"
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

zzamora

Quote from: EJL on January 05, 2013, 06:31:29 PM
It's very difficult to break down a team playing like Blackpool did today: eleven men behind the ball and hit on the counter attack. Props to Michael Appleton as it shut us out for a good eighty minutes.

Lots of chances and, yes, it was quite enjoyable. Should have won it at the end, though.

This!

Blackpool played a very very deep game. Set up to get a draw, whilst hope for a break and a goal (which they  did). A lot of teams would've struggled to get through that defence, escpially when they had two midfielders sitting so deep that you couldn't play infront of their box like you can do against a prem team.

Credit to them though, they'd obviously practice their last ditch defending.

Unlucky I thought. We played well for the vast majority (apart a 10 min patch in the second half).

epsomraver

played well, course we did, 064.gif how many shots on goal? how many wayward passes? how many unforced errors? we were poor as Mo says, where did  you sit because I would like to sit there and have the benefit of the rose tinted screen you look through

zzamora

Quote from: epsomraver on January 05, 2013, 06:51:00 PM
played well, course we did, 064.gif how many shots on goal? how many wayward passes? how many unforced errors? we were poor as Mo says, where did  you sit because I would like to sit there and have the benefit of the rose tinted screen you look through

I sat in the D block in the JH Stand. The same stand you sit in I believe.

fulham1234

I thought it was a quite a good game and I don't agree we were lucky to get a draw! we had several chances to score and I thought ruiz again was probably our best player having 3 or 4 good chances! Frei looked lively when he came on and there was a good atmosphere in the hammy end!!

ffcfulham

we did play well just didnt shoot enough passing was okay just no space to work in
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

MJG

Quote from: ffcfulham on January 05, 2013, 06:54:34 PM
we did play well just didnt shoot enough passing was okay just no space to work in
or any decent movement to make space

zzamora

Quote from: ffcfulham on January 05, 2013, 06:54:34 PM

If there would be two things I would critize it would be the finishing and one of the subs.

Finishing was not there today, we should have had a few in the first half. Unlucky too, with some very good blocks.

Rodallega was the wrong sub for me. I think Frei on at that point would have been much better, giving us width on that right (rather than have Reither struggle on his own), and would have let Ruiz play much more in the positons that hes good in (middle of the park).

epsomraver

Well I was in D block row A right on the aisle and all around me were totally p**sed off with how we played. Football used to be entertaining, lots of action, runs and SHOTS ON GOAL, we do nothing like that at all apart from the commendable old " Bubble" who usually has his shots blocked ,but at he and Sidwell give it 100 % each game.  everything has to go through the D, we try and walk the ball in the net, lump crosses in to no one ,  summing up we were totally boring for 80 minutes of that game. If the opposition play deep then you have to change your tactics to win, problem is we do not have a plan B

zzamora

Quote from: epsomraver on January 05, 2013, 06:59:29 PM
Well I was in D block row A right on the aisle and all around me were totally p**sed off with how we played. Football used to be entertaining, lots of action, runs and SHOTS ON GOAL, we do nothing like that at all apart from the commendable old " Bubble" who usually has his shots blocked ,but at he and Sidwell give it 100 % each game.  everything has to go through the D, we try and walk the ball in the net, lump crosses in to no one ,  summing up we were totally boring for 80 minutes of that game. If the opposition play deep then you have to change your tactics to win, problem is we do not have a plan B

West Ham are playing exactly the same deep system against United at the moment. United cannot create anything.

17 shots on goal from us.

I do agree that Berbatov is being focused on to much, espcially when he comes so deep (which is extremly frustrating for me because Ruiz is playing in exactly the same position).

epsomraver

I agree, he has brought nothing to the last two games at all, in fact he slows the game down.

ffc73

I have yet to see Frei on the right & I do not think I ever will. It seems to be taboo to play him, a totally right footed winger, out there.  

It would be nice, just once, to see Frei & Kaca operating in tandem

MJG

Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
Well I was in D block row A right on the aisle and all around me were totally p**sed off with how we played. Football used to be entertaining, lots of action, runs and SHOTS ON GOAL, we do nothing like that at all apart from the commendable old " Bubble" who usually has his shots blocked ,but at he and Sidwell give it 100 % each game.  everything has to go through the D, we try and walk the ball in the net, lump crosses in to no one ,  summing up we were totally boring for 80 minutes of that game. If the opposition play deep then you have to change your tactics to win, problem is we do not have a plan B

West Ham are playing exactly the same deep system against United at the moment. United cannot create anything.

I do agree that Berbatov is being focused on to much, espcially when he comes so deep (which is extremly frustrating for me because Ruiz is playing in exactly the same position).
Six in midfield when those two start up front together. Easiest job being a center back against us.

Berserker

I thought it was boring and frustrating up the point our wonderful greek scored the goal.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

zzamora

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2013, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 07:02:49 PM

Six in midfield when those two start up front together. Easiest job being a center back against us.

Agree. Need someone to play infront. Dare I say it... Darren Bent?