watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

another poor performance

Started by nose, January 05, 2013, 07:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

we play without forwards, have two untouchable players and the manager makes bizarre substitutions.
we were really lucky today, stockdale was by far the busier keeper, I cannot understand why so many think we have a good manager, today again showed how poor his judgment is.

the second jol took of a poor dejagah (who shouldn't have started, even against blackpool he looked out of his depth) it was obvious we had no right winger, and where did the break come from that led to their goal, the side we had just weakened. minutes later frei comes onfor kaka who was causing them trouble, but instead of reverting to two wide players we stuck with one. the side was totally unbalnced and the greek boy for me would have been taken off at about 60 mins, he scored a great goal but squandered possesion far too often in the last third of the pitch.

BUt Jols' biggest crime at the moment is having two untouchable players, berba was way off the pace and jol has to treat him like the others and remove him from the action when it isn't happening, similarly once dejagah went off ruiz had not the first idea what was expected of him and consequently disappeared from the action. he also could have comfortably been withdrawn.

we had a good win at wba but i fear that was a blip, we musyt win against wigan and that means playing with a forward line that actually stays forward, beba and ruiz play too deep, not rocket science.

Jambo

Amazes me how we see the game SO differently.  Thought you might post today.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr Fulham

not exactly poor subs, especially the latter ones were decent I think. let's all calm down a bit,yeah?

EJL

Kacaniklic wasn't all that today. Not once did he put a good ball into the box. Frei and Richardson linked up well down the left are were causing lots of problems for Eardley.

Why didn't Dejagah deserve to start? He played well against West Brom and set up our first goal, skinning Ridgewell in the lead-up.

You would've taken off the only midfielder trying to bring the ball forward? Not quite sure about that logic - sorry.

Ruiz was one of the few who consistently troubled Blackpool's defence. I agree that playing him out wide is pointless, but we're a better team with him on the pitch.

Basil

I am totally fine with Ruiz being untouchable. Real class act again today.

zzamora

Quote from: Jambo on January 05, 2013, 07:25:04 PM
Amazes me how we see the game SO differently.  Thought you might post today.

Glass half empty?

Glass empty more like.

Jambo

Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 07:39:59 PM

Glass half empty?

Glass empty more like.

Yes possibly.  Although empty or full how Ruiz can come in for criticism today is beyond me

@jambohunt

alfie

Quote from: nose on January 05, 2013, 07:23:06 PM
we play without forwards, have two untouchable players and the manager makes bizarre substitutions.
we were really lucky today, stockdale was by far the busier keeper, I cannot understand why so many think we have a good manager, today again showed how poor his judgment is.

the second jol took of a poor dejagah (who shouldn't have started, even against blackpool he looked out of his depth) it was obvious we had no right winger, and where did the break come from that led to their goal, the side we had just weakened. minutes later frei comes onfor kaka who was causing them trouble, but instead of reverting to two wide players we stuck with one. the side was totally unbalnced and the greek boy for me would have been taken off at about 60 mins, he scored a great goal but squandered possesion far too often in the last third of the pitch.

BUt Jols' biggest crime at the moment is having two untouchable players, berba was way off the pace and jol has to treat him like the others and remove him from the action when it isn't happening, similarly once dejagah went off ruiz had not the first idea what was expected of him and consequently disappeared from the action. he also could have comfortably been withdrawn.

we had a good win at wba but i fear that was a blip, we musyt win against wigan and that means playing with a forward line that actually stays forward, beba and ruiz play too deep, not rocket science.

are you watching a different game?, i really do not understand this post, i guess you must really want Fulham to have problems so that you have something to post, because you certainly do not give any credit.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Quote from: Basil on January 05, 2013, 07:37:43 PM
I am totally fine with Ruiz being untouchable. Real class act again today.
no player should be untouchable. The team comes first and if a player is off form then he should come off or be dropped.

zzamora

Quote from: Jambo on January 05, 2013, 07:42:33 PM
Amazes me how we see the game SO differently.  Thought you might post today.

Glass half empty?

Glass empty more like.

Yes possibly.  Although empty or full how Ruiz can come in for criticism today is beyond me

Some people are blinded by their hatred for Jol. This case has expanded to such that the players that Jol has brought are included in this.

Karagounis gives away the ball in the final third... you know why? Because he's TRYING risky passess to try and get a chance! That is GOOD! I'd be more worried if he was giving it away all over the pitch. If anything, Ruiz became even better in the last 20 minutes soon.

Jambo

Quote from: alfie on January 05, 2013, 07:43:09 PM
Quote from: nose on January 05, 2013, 07:23:06 PM

are you watching a different game?, i really do not understand this post, i guess you must really want Fulham to have problems so that you have something to post, because you certainly do not give any credit.

Probably put better that I did.

@jambohunt

Jambo

Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 07:46:10 PM
Quote from: Jambo on January 05, 2013, 07:42:33 PM

Glass half empty?

Glass empty more like.

Yes possibly.  Although empty or full how Ruiz can come in for criticism today is beyond me

Some people are blinded by their hatred for Jol. This case has expanded to such that the players that Jol has brought are included in this.

Karagounis gives away the ball in the final third... you know why? Because he's TRYING risky passess to try and get a chance! That is GOOD! I'd be more worried if he was giving it away all over the pitch. If anything, Ruiz became even better in the last 20 minutes soon.

The amount of times I have tried to explain this.  So true, Ruiz is the same.  Thats why passing stats on players are so misleading, On paper I was told last year that Leon Britton was a better passer of the ball than Xavi!!!

@jambohunt

nose

I am neither blinded by so called hatred of any individual or am I willing to conform to a view everything is rosy.

Check our recent results and performances dating back many games, even at WBA, even the manager conceded we had to ride our like quite alot. I have no problem with that but we play without forwards, that is because jol will not drop berba or ruiz, as such we have a forward playing deep in midfield and a centre forward who appears anywhere he fancies as a result we have no forwards when we go forward so it is easy for opposition, even as mundane and workaday as blackpool to stop us.
The withdrawl of a right winger and replacement of a centre forward meant we lost our shape totally for quite a while, the players looked confused, ruiz didn't move to the right wing and a massive hole opened up from which Blackpool broke and scored. All from a single foolish substitution. we needed to keep two wingers on the field. Personally I would play ruiz in midfiled but much deeper and let rodellga start.
regarding karagounis being wasteful in the last third, I do not object to risky passes, what I object to is shooting directly into a sea of players, over and over, his goal was magnificent I agree but how many shots did he (and sidwell if I think back) from too far with no realistic chance of scoring. I would remind you that dempsey used to shoot endlessly from too far out, one of the best things jol did was to encourage clint to refrain from that and get into the box more, that is what i would like to see karagounis and sidwell do.

I believe we are vastly underacheiving, it is very poor for team morale to have untouchable players, kaka was not at his best but certainly didn'tdeserve to be withdrawn, dejagah omn the other hand has masses of skill but seems intent on doing all the flashy stuff but rarely playing the easy ball. It was poor today, again. If I am wrong tell me what was so good in our performance other than our goalkeeper who made some excellent saves, unlike the blackpool keeper who was rarely tested.