Matty Taylor
Gary Cahill
Per Cilijan Skjelbred
Jamie O'Hara
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Robbie Keane
James Beattie
Kevin Doyle

Just need another CB and Striker of a more continental background!

If we had to chose 5/6 out of those, i'd be more than happy!

AlFayedsChequebook

Other than Skjelbred and O'hara, none of those names excite me in the least. I want that reading youngster Gylfi Siggursson or something, he has been quality in the FA cup and Champo and at 19 could be the perfect student of Murphy

RidgeRider

I still like Pedersen. If he was on the left and Duff on the right it would be powerful attacking combination with some dead ball prowess, but perhaps since we have Pantsil and Konch right behind them not necessary and of course what do we do with Dempsey, Gera, Davies?

LRCN

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on April 22, 2010, 02:00:19 PM
Other than Skjelbred and O'hara, none of those names excite me in the least. I want that reading youngster Gylfi Siggursson or something, he has been quality in the FA cup and Champo and at 19 could be the perfect student of Murphy

he's quality but I never knew he was 19, that's mental. sign him up roy

Admin

Quote from: Tktd on April 22, 2010, 01:08:40 PM

Matty Taylor
Gary Cahill
Per Cilijan Skjelbred
Jamie O'Hara
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Robbie Keane
James Beattie
Kevin Doyle

We do not pay Robbie Keane wages as noted about Van Nistelrooy earlier.

James Beattie demanded 50k a week when he came down for talks in January and was sent home a laughing stock. We won't entertain hime again.

Kevin Doyle I like, would play a much similar roll to Gera behind Zamora but Wolves are staying up and they won't sell for less than the 5 million they paid. He's only a year into a 3-4 year contact and he's not worth over 5 million.

Morten Gamst Pedersen is another player past his best. If we were going to buy this guy, it should have been a couple of seasons back. Presently 29-30 this November, can't see him leaving Blackburn unless his contract is terminated and surplus to requirements.

Jamie O'Hara I like but lets be honest here. Redknapp won't even sell him to another London club let alone ours. If sold, it will be to a club up North and if O'Hara demands to join another london club, Redknapp will just slap a rediculous price tag on his head.

Per Cilijan Skjelbred I don't know to much about but I know he turned down a junior contract with Liverpool to apply his trade with Rosenborg. Didn't think he could cut it perhaps? Maybe Woy knows a little more about him.

Matty Taylor is past his sell by date. Again, we should have bought him 2-3 seasons back. 29 coming on 30 this November with more poor performances than good these days. A squad player yes but you don't want his wages clogging up the bench. Plus, I don't think many would like to see him walking around hand in hand with his boyfriend. He's a biggest iron going.

Gary Cahill, 25 I like but you'd have to literally burn Bolton down or throw in Dempsey, Duff, Hughes and a few others before they'd part with this boy. Put it this way, they'd rape you on the transfer fee.

finnster01

I think Mr Admin is pretty spot on.

The only caveat to it is that if I am not mistaken Pedersen's contract is up this summer, which makes a free transfer. He still has a few years in the tank, may not be the player he once was but still very decent and his set pieces are very good. But on a free, I don't think that's a bad deal at all.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tktd

Quote from: Admin on April 22, 2010, 03:42:32 PM
Quote from: Tktd on April 22, 2010, 01:08:40 PM

Matty Taylor
Gary Cahill
Per Cilijan Skjelbred
Jamie O'Hara
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Robbie Keane
James Beattie
Kevin Doyle

We do not pay Robbie Keane wages as noted about Van Nistelrooy earlier.

James Beattie demanded 50k a week when he came down for talks in January and was sent home a laughing stock. We won't entertain hime again.

Kevin Doyle I like, would play a much similar roll to Gera behind Zamora but Wolves are staying up and they won't sell for less than the 5 million they paid. He's only a year into a 3-4 year contact and he's not worth over 5 million.

Morten Gamst Pedersen is another player past his best. If we were going to buy this guy, it should have been a couple of seasons back. Presently 29-30 this November, can't see him leaving Blackburn unless his contract is terminated and surplus to requirements.

Jamie O'Hara I like but lets be honest here. Redknapp won't even sell him to another London club let alone ours. If sold, it will be to a club up North and if O'Hara demands to join another london club, Redknapp will just slap a rediculous price tag on his head.

Per Cilijan Skjelbred I don't know to much about but I know he turned down a junior contract with Liverpool to apply his trade with Rosenborg. Didn't think he could cut it perhaps? Maybe Woy knows a little more about him.

Matty Taylor is past his sell by date. Again, we should have bought him 2-3 seasons back. 29 coming on 30 this November with more poor performances than good these days. A squad player yes but you don't want his wages clogging up the bench. Plus, I don't think many would like to see him walking around hand in hand with his boyfriend. He's a biggest iron going.

Gary Cahill, 25 I like but you'd have to literally burn Bolton down or throw in Dempsey, Duff, Hughes and a few others before they'd part with this boy. Put it this way, they'd rape you on the transfer fee.

Matty Taylor - past it? He's 29 going on 30! This season you say he's getting worse? He's got 16 assists and scored 2 goals in his last game! Zamoras 29 going on 30 - in the form he's in would you tell him he's too old or past it? NO! Plus Roy has ability to get even more out of whoever he signs. Players are getting older and older nowadays and with Matty Taylor you could get another at least 3 years out of him.

This whole thing you've seemingly got in your head about Van Nistelroy turning down us or us turning him down due to wages - we didn't even make a soli move for him and with a dwindling career I'm pretty sure he took a pay cut to go to hamburg to revive it. James Beattie may have asked for £50,000 but he's obviously not even getting game time at the moment so he's not exactly in a strong place to ask for that much, especially as he's erratic at best in his career.

Per Cilijan Skjelbred trust me is alright, in fact one of the arguably best things to come out of norway and is young. Also plays with Buchtmann which would bode well for the future. Have been linked with him a lot and I think if we got him you'd be pleasently suprised.

Gary Cahill - fair enough probably the least realistic as he's doing very well but definately worth a shot.

Pedersen - more of a simon davies type player but can score, can set up and is a natural left footer so, would add competition for duff and also give us more options. Is versatile too.

You've also got to take into account, as I said earlier, that whoever Hodgson brings in will improve on what you already think of them!!!....

AlFayedsChequebook

This is why we should sign Mr. Sigurdsson:

gylfi sigurdsson, The Worlds Wonder Kid

I know youtube can make anyone look good, but his goal against West Brom is straight from the top drawer. And only 20 too!

Tom

Fulham for life!