watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

question for somebody who attended blackpool

Started by MurphLegend, January 06, 2013, 01:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Gotta love this forum. Two weeks ago everyone was on Riise for being a poor defender. Many were saying to give Briggs a run out. Now Briggs is being bagged on. Which is it?

Perhaps we should start calling for Richardson to get a shot at left back. Then after two weeks we can bag on him. What then, go back to Riise?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MasterHaynes

Good point about experience but how long do you give them? I remember watching Briggs in a last game of the season against Arsenal a couple of seasons ago with Duff playing in front of him. He played a reasonable game up to the point of getting caught out by Walcott for a last minute equaliser.

I pointed out then that the he was only Ok for most of the game only because Duff was instructing and directing him where to go, when to run when to pass the whole time, when Dufff was not close to him he looked uncertain. I had real concerns then and unfortunately I don't think there has been any improvment over the last couple of seasons, admittegly his opportunities have been limited in that time but you can't say he has not had a number of opportunities under Hodgson, Hughes and Jol to show what he can do. I'm afraid I tend to agree with Riversider, still haven't forgiven him for that last minute goal by Odense.

leonffc

Some good some bad, similar to WBA really.

He still looks devoid of confidence, very jittery sometimes. Did well going forward first half (I think - I was low down and a long way off).
His decision making was very poor when defending two long diaganal balls. One he rightly looked to duck out of but decided too late and it came off his head for a needless throw. Another he did duck out of and their winger latched on to it. That's hugely down to confidence IMO.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on January 06, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
Personally though he did well. Was overlapping at the right times, good distribution of the ball. His standing tackle is actually very good and he made a few key tackles& interceptions.

Only thing is he lapses in concentration and allows himself to be turned inside to easily.
Just no, Surely the two bad things that you mentioned are the things that you would expect a left back at a premier league club to be good at nearly all the time. I honestly think the good things you mentioned are quite pointless if you can't do the simple thing of defending well while playing as a left back, Not hating im just saying.
Foolish ham