https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

question for somebody who attended blackpool

Started by MurphLegend, January 06, 2013, 01:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurphLegend

how was briggsy? sounded like he did alright according to gentleman jim

Jambo

He did ok.  was up against Ince who by all accounts is the next big thing.  Unfortunately he always seems to be a moment away from a slip up, West Brom last week.  Got to give him a run but I'm yet to be convinced that he is the long term solution.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Herbie

Too many long balls in my opinion.  I think he needs to look at the shorter ball if Jol is going to give him a run in the team

EJL

Today was another 'Chelsea Carling Cup' opportunity for him to show what he can do. Didn't do it in my opinion. Never really supported down the left and Kacaniklic was getting visibly annoyed because of that.

There was a moment in the match where he managed to get down the left but instead of trying to get a cross away, he took it into the corner; hoping a Blackpool defender would kick it out into touch. None of them stuck a leg in so he was just stood there for the best part of a minute, waiting for something to happen. Should have really kicked it against Eardley for a corner. Obviously it wasn't an important thing - just something I noticed.

JackyFulham90

Should he start against Wigan? Or a recall for Riise?

Andy S

Not playing with confidence. He needs some time out on loan. If he doesn't watch it he will be released on a free

EJL

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 06, 2013, 01:32:42 AM
Should he start against Wigan? Or a recall for Riise?
He should get a longer run. Two games is not long enough to make a proper judgement about him.

Quote from: Andy S on January 06, 2013, 01:36:12 AM
Not playing with confidence. He needs some time out on loan. If he doesn't watch it he will be released on a free
He doesn't tend to do well when he goes out on loan; often gets accused of not trying and being lazy i.e . Peterborough. The only place where club will be able to properly judge Briggs is here at Fulham.

Andy S

Riise is injured anyway so he will start. I don't really want to have a go at our players but the LH side has two inexperienced players in Briggs and Kaka or Frei. What it really needs is experience to help out the young players.

EJL

Another thing is Richardson has probably given Jol a bit of a dilemma. He looked really up for it yesterday. Never seen someone sprint so quickly for an overlap.

Mr K.Dilkington

Fell asleep/Out of position for Tom Ince's shot which was well saved by Stockdale. Another below par performance in my opinion, still don't think he's good enough for Fulham.
Foolish ham

TonyGilroy

I can't see him making it at this level. Not nearly good enough defensively.

res

Average. On the plus side he got forward a bit and put himself in decent positions. On the negative side, he didn't do it enough, lost possession a few times and looked vulnerable to fast paced attackers. Seems scared of making mistakes which explains some of trhe above, understandable given his fringe first team position.

His future? Probably not a first team given , but I would hope that more confidence will mean a decent squad member.

OxfordWhite

I would argue that Briggs was getting visibly frustrated as he wasn't getting the ball when he was in acres of space  :dft004:. However his final ball wasn't great. Still I think he offers more than Risse (although that is not saying much).

Riversider

A clueless individual , who may have all the physical attributes needed, but here's the thing, he doesn't have a football brain and he certainly doesn't have passion or desire to become a professional footballer, everybody reading this and everybody at the game yesterday would know that the fullback MUST get tight to the wide player to limit his space to receive the ball in and then to cross the ball in , and yet Briggs has always failed to understand this and gives the wide man acres of space to operate in as witnessed recently away to WBA,
When he is released by Fulham I can virtually guarantee that no other Premier League side will come in for him and he will remain an unfulfilled talent, but here's the thing , he also symbolises for me everything that is wrong in the modern game , have a look at his photos on his twitter page , take a look at his new house, looks like a Travelodge , typical big ugly footballers style house , I'm guessing it has at least 6 bedrooms in it, but he hasn't even established himself as a footballer yet so how come he has got all the trappings before he has put anything in yet, I have no problem with the likes of Brede , Berbatov and Schwarzer having a lavish lifestyle because they have earns the right to enjoy it, but in my opinion Briggs hasn't and frankly never will .

Scrumpy

Quote from: EJL on January 06, 2013, 01:41:50 AM
Another thing is Richardson has probably given Jol a bit of a dilemma. He looked really up for it yesterday. Never seen someone sprint so quickly for an overlap.

Agreed. I think Richardson is finally fully fit, and he is the better option if Riise is injured. I actually think he looked better yesterday than Riise has for some time.

Briggs - I hate to write off a player's career but no, he is not quite good enough for Premiership level.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ClarksOriginal

Personally though he did well. Was overlapping at the right times, good distribution of the ball. His standing tackle is actually very good and he made a few key tackles& interceptions.

Only thing is he lapses in concentration and allows himself to be turned inside to easily.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

elgreenio

not good enough at all defensively. seems to enjoy turning his back on the player hes marking. did well when he got forward though I'd argue that was too little, had acres of space but didn't hit it often enough
touch my camera through the fence

EJL

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on January 06, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
Personally though he did well. Was overlapping at the right times, good distribution of the ball. His standing tackle is actually very good and he made a few key tackles& interceptions.

Only thing is he lapses in concentration and allows himself to be turned inside to easily.
Yesterday his standing tackling was pretty awful. Always seemed a bit tentative.

bill taylors apprentice

Lets put it this way, you wouldn't go out and buy him as your first choice LB. Having said that its not impossible he can improve if he has a run in the team and may do a job for us.
But I think its unlikely he will make the grade, if he was good enough he would have forced his way in by now and I would hope there is a youngster coming through who can take his place.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: EJL on January 06, 2013, 01:52:35 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on January 06, 2013, 12:23:20 PM

Yesterday his standing tackling was pretty awful. Always seemed a bit tentative.

Not from where I was sitting...
@sonikkicks on Twitter.