watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ITV Football Coverage

Started by A Humble Man, January 06, 2013, 04:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

The papers were commenting on how poor the crowds were yesterday, but I blame the FA for giving coverage to ITV who do not care about sport and do not advertise and promote it in the way the BBC do.  For example they chose not to cover some of the games including ours, the BBC would never do that.  

I cannot remember the last time we did not have TV cameras at a first team game at the Cottage.

I stayed up until 12:30 watching the highlights hoping they would use the clubs pictures but no chance,

What a disgrace.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

zzamora

The Doctor

ITV did have the highlights of our game on...we were up at about 11.30 on last night's show.  Mind you, they did only show the goals so if you popped out of the room you would have missed it.

Ridiculously, they didn't show the handball.  I'm wondering if, like that arsehole Mason, they ignored it

A Humble Man

Quote from: The Doctor on January 06, 2013, 05:00:43 PM
ITV did have the highlights of our game on...we were up at about 11.30 on last night's show.  Mind you, they did only show the goals so if you popped out of the room you would have missed it.

Ridiculously, they didn't show the handball.  I'm wondering if, like that arsehole Mason, they ignored it

Must have fallen asleep and missed it and feel stupid, still feel ITV do not care about football and do not care about us.  They must have got the highlights from the Club so at least we earn some money from those 30 seconds.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

I've wondered over the years what you lot have against ITV and football, but yesterday's West Ham v. Man United match convinced me.

The announcing pair had repeated for the second or thir time that FA Cup round 3 weekend is the greatest in the football calendar -- arguable, but so far so good. And then one said something along the lines of [and I'm not joking] "Just look at this: two Premier League sides featuring strong lineups, both teams only interested in attack, wonderful atmosphere from the two sets of supporters -- and all of this UNDER THE BUD LIGHTS." The other guy says, "Yes, under the Bud Lights."

This is the most intrusive bit of product placement I've seen in British sports. Selling the naming rights to the competition should not enable cheesy announcers making cheesy commercials during the match. Disgusting.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

Quote from: HatterDon on January 06, 2013, 10:08:14 PM
I've wondered over the years what you lot have against ITV and football, but yesterday's West Ham v. Man United match convinced me.

The announcing pair had repeated for the second or thir time that FA Cup round 3 weekend is the greatest in the football calendar -- arguable, but so far so good. And then one said something along the lines of [and I'm not joking] "Just look at this: two Premier League sides featuring strong lineups, both teams only interested in attack, wonderful atmosphere from the two sets of supporters -- and all of this UNDER THE BUD LIGHTS." The other guy says, "Yes, under the Bud Lights."

This is the most intrusive bit of product placement I've seen in British sports. Selling the naming rights to the competition should not enable cheesy announcers making cheesy commercials during the match. Disgusting.

A good number of years a go when ITV by region showed highlights of the local teams and sometime live matches Southern TV stop showing as the station head said he could show any old useless film and get as many watching as those who watched a football match.  He did not get it and that sums ITV attitude to football.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

King_Crud

I watched a couple of the games and the highlights (and yes Fulham were there) and it occurred to me that this was the first time I'd watched ITV probably since last years FA Cup. The channel just doesn't exist in my world

Peabody

Got to admit my family laugh at my refusal to watch any ITV at all, except for the occaisional Football match. But any channel that makes stars of the Goblins (Ant and Dec) does not deserve my time. As for their football coverage, which is fronted Adrian Chiles well, I ask you?.

SirPercival

I got bored of the ad breaks every 10 seconds so switched over to Inglorious Basterds at one break....switched back about 5 minutes later to find I'd missed us...gutted - surely the Karagounis goal alone was worth more than 30 seconds?!

King_Crud

they did show the Kara goal twice, but there was only one camera at the ground so not a lot of angles for replays

A Humble Man

Quote from: King_Crud on January 08, 2013, 01:01:28 PM
they did show the Kara goal twice, but there was only one camera at the ground so not a lot of angles for replays

They did not have any cameras at the ground they used the Club coverage.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

King_Crud

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 08, 2013, 01:43:33 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on January 08, 2013, 01:01:28 PM

They did not have any cameras at the ground they used the Club coverage.

whatever, there was one camera, footage was shown on ITV

tomcolemanfry

TV coverage of the FA cup itself is bloody ridiculous. They pick games like West Ham vs United over a possible cup upset.

EJL

How to have a highlights show like ITV:

- Show poorly selected moments from a specific match

- Don't analyse it. Remember to only state the obvious; that's the key.

- Rinse and repeat. DON'T change that set-up.

- Involve as many adverts as possible. Make it so viewers want to kick their television screens in. Remember, that's also key.

- Get annoying presenters like Matt Smith or Adrian Chiles to present. In other words, people with the attraction of a headache.

- Have pundits who use as many clichés as possible.

And there you have it.

Post 999

Travers Barney

Used to love Brian Moore's commentary though...he calmed down a lot in the later years.

coyw
We are the whites