Main Menu

Trotta deserves a chance

Started by Denzil Dexter, January 06, 2013, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2013, 10:30:53 PM
Quote from: Admin on January 06, 2013, 10:21:19 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2013, 10:01:48 PM
I really do wonder why we bother with a youth and  reserve team. None of you seem to want to give any and a chance and their all crap.
Dump them and we could possibly save about 5m year.

It's not just about kids making it all the way to the first team. The reason we have a youth policy is that we get hold of kids around the 7-8 mark, bring them up though the academy, youth team etc and if they're not good enough for Fulham, we'll flog them on for a few bob. We also have a policy where we go around buying good kids for around the 1 million quid mark, good prospects mind you with the hope they will turn out good in a couple of years. It is a gamble and the problem Fulham had, is that our youth set up was 10 years behind everyone else and we have a massive gap still to fill. As a club, our youth policy is getting better and our under 16's, under 17's etc are now winning leagues, cups and we have some hot prospects coming through. Trust me, in about 2-3 years time you'll start to see the benefits.
I understand the policy and fully support it. But I'm talking more about the views on here of youngsters we have. In two/three years the view will still be that they are untested and not good enough.
We are the worst club for giving youngsters a real chance and by that i mean managers and fans. Take Frei (and yes some would let him go as he's deemed not good enough) he's an exciting prospect and we should do all we can to keep him and give him games.

I'm not sure what the ratio of kids coming through at clubs is. Obviously higher at Manchester United. Arsenal etc but I think even Liverpool have sloped off now. The last good player to come through our ranks and play in every division was Sean Davis wasn't it? I know a few had bursts in our first team like Rehman etc but we've never ever really produced anything quality. Can't remember the last time Chelsea produced a good kid either. 

epsomraver

Jack Cork, came through their ranks, loaned out, then sold to Southampton, now Premiership player

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on January 06, 2013, 08:48:10 PM
I've seen him a few times. Him along with De La Valle will not make it at this level.

Agreed
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Jambo

As much as we like to think we can produce a constant flow of premiership players the fact remains that about 1% of players that go through the academy play in the prem for Fulham, that's just a fact.  I noticed that a once promising Matthew Saunders scored for Dag & Redbridge this weekend.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

mangoputney

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on January 06, 2013, 09:20:34 PM
I disagree with "Trotta not being good enough" but that's not why I'm posting.

Cauley Woodrow, now there's a player, would like to see him get a loan spell.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Mr Fulham

Well, they do come through somewhere, don't they? Lots of players around everywhere and everyone as made his debut at some club.

Lighthouse

Unless you provide some sort of service for the front player (when we used to play them)what is the point? Rodd is the best out of any of those mentioned and has the one thing none of the others have and that is pace. But if all he does is chase down long balls and runs deep to find the ball then nobody could do a job in those circumstances.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jack Fulham

He's getting his chance.... at Brentford. Personally, I'm don't think reserve football is good for players development, very rarely see a good game and there is not a lot to play for. I think sometimes you got to give them a chance with the first team before you let them go because only then will you know. Some players develop a bit later, for example Leon Osman didn't start playing regularly for Everton until he was 22/23.

JackyFulham90

Trotta can make it for us, he did well in pre season, sure he needs to work on certain parts of his game but what helps him is he can score goals

hongkongfulham

maybe brentford can get through the FA cup and trotta can notch against chelsea. Then we can all praise him.

elgreenio

there are a few errors but this shows how far we have to come :

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/12/13/revealed-barcelona-no1-for-producing-players-for-clubs-in-europes-elite-leagues-131201/

Personally don't think Trotta will make it here, nor any of our current crop of under 21's sadly. Our real improvement is coming further down the line with Roberts, Norman, Donnelly and McDonald
touch my camera through the fence

Denzil Dexter

My cousin is a Bees fan and says he is class!! He reckons with better players around him he could defo make it in the PL!!

alfie

Quote from: Admin on January 06, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: Pierre Petric on January 06, 2013, 09:15:25 PM
Ok so if all you guys reckon he's not good enough, why is he still on our books?

Lot's of players remian on our books then in time just drift away, it's part and parcel of football unfortunately. Players are generally given the benefit of the doubt but that means working hard in reserves and impressing when out on loan. I think Trotta did well at Wycombe but flopped at Watford and isn't doing very well at Brentford. I've seen him a couple of times for Fulham reserves and in a couple of pre-season friendlys. Wycombe just seems to be the boys level at this moment in time and at 20, if he wants to make it at Fulham he needs to get his skates on. If he was any good, I'd be expecting him to be floating around the 1st team by now but he isn't.
:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't