Player Critic/Praise from Yesterday

Started by alexbishop, January 06, 2013, 11:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senior Supporter

Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 07, 2013, 03:04:54 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on January 07, 2013, 10:53:25 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2013, 10:42:31 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 06, 2013, 08:41:49 PM
I understand the criticism of Rodallega but he played his part in getting us 6 points with his goals against Wigan & Newcastle
but apart from that what did the Romans ever give us.

the aqueduct and sanitation?

other than that though...

Straight roads and a wall to keep the Scots out.

alexbishop

Quote from: epsomraver on January 07, 2013, 10:48:09 AM
Quote from: jarv on January 07, 2013, 03:55:07 AM
Good report. I didn't see the game but can almost imagine how poor it was. Totally agree with your comments about Hangeland, he is an absolute liability. I hope we get a good offer for him this month. Useless. I said it some time ago, he is John lacey in disguise.

useless? what a stupid comment to make about a club stalwart and captain who has done us proud. He played well on Saturday, brought the ball forward, did some good probing passes,  and covered well, don't which match some people watched? 30 seconds on ITV by the sound of it!

I completely disagree with your analysis of Brede's performance on Saturday. He was gutless.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

epsomraver

It would seem that peoples views of players abilities seem to depend on where they are viewed from, Dom Prague thought Mick Jagger had a good game and he sat in the riverside where he was playing close to , I sat in the JH and viewed him across the pitch and thought he was very poor. I viewed  Hangeland from the Jh and thought he had a good game as others have said,why was he "gutless" ? where did you view the game from Alex?

McBridefan1

Quote from: Senior Supporter on January 07, 2013, 05:09:29 PM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 07, 2013, 03:04:54 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on January 07, 2013, 10:53:25 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2013, 10:42:31 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 06, 2013, 08:41:49 PM
I understand the criticism of Rodallega but he played his part in getting us 6 points with his goals against Wigan & Newcastle
but apart from that what did the Romans ever give us.

the aqueduct and sanitation?

other than that though...

Straight roads and a wall to keep the Scots out.

Ok, but other than that then...

alexbishop

Quote from: epsomraver on January 07, 2013, 07:56:34 PM
It would seem that peoples views of players abilities seem to depend on where they are viewed from, Dom Prague thought Mick Jagger had a good game and he sat in the riverside where he was playing close to , I sat in the JH and viewed him across the pitch and thought he was very poor. I viewed  Hangeland from the Jh and thought he had a good game as others have said,why was he "gutless" ? where did you view the game from Alex?

Hammy End

I watched him and Phillips 'battle' and he just stood there and made very little effort to win headers. Relying on his height and not determination. I watched him attempt to win a header by just shoving the player (think it was Phillips again) to the ground. I watched Brede at defensive set pieces and it was Berbatov, not him, racing to head the ball clear on two occasions. I watched him on attacking set pieces and he failed to get his head on anything. He didn't even try. Finally when we were 1-0 down I watched Kara walking round, clapping the players, motivating them. I saw Brede do nothing of the sort.

Now there is nothing in there that cost us the game, but it's not the Brede I watched last season. I don't think he has lost ability, I think he just doesn't want to play for the club anymore. I think that's unprofessional and he should be giving 100% every game despite where his contract negociations are.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on January 07, 2013, 07:56:34 PM
It would seem that peoples views of players abilities seem to depend on where they are viewed from, Dom Prague thought Mick Jagger had a good game and he sat in the riverside where he was playing close to , I sat in the JH and viewed him across the pitch and thought he was very poor. I viewed  Hangeland from the Jh and thought he had a good game as others have said,why was he "gutless" ? where did you view the game from Alex?
its a good point. My ST is in the Hammersmith end and on Saturday I sat in H block of the JH stand.

I must admit I thought Riether in the second half was very poor defending wise. he seemed to take an age to get back into position and would say that I never saw him sprint back once, it was always a little jog.

Now it could be he's still carrying the injury, or he was tired as we had no right winger for the last 15/20 mins. either way defending wise he did not impress me.