News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How would you compare FOF and CC forums ..

Started by Sniffer, January 08, 2013, 07:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sniffer

Honest opions on the merits or otherwise of the  two forums     :kettle pot:
"Numquam Cede"

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

I find this absolutely pointless. Both forums are completely different in look, taste and stature. The only thing this thread will do is start a war between FOF and CC. I think it's just best to let the individual decide on where they chose to post / or both.

horse1031

EJL

I think Sniffer made this thread as there's a similar one over on CC.

In my view, both boards are great. I just happen to post on FOF (a lot) more because there's some forumers' content I really enjoy reading, Also, I prefer the layout on here.

Beefy

I am unaware of CC, unless CC is the message board I checked out a while back whose layout was unbearable.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I think the posts of Admin and horse1031 neatly characterise a distinction.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

When they are 30 years older, posters on CC will feel more comfortable posting on FOF.....

LBNo11

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 08, 2013, 08:22:02 PM
When they are 30 years older, posters on CC will feel more comfortable posting on FOF.....

...actually the "what age are you" thread disproves this contention that we are all ageing fuddy-duddies.

We are both independent sites, we have differences in how we moderate but we all know how best to keep our customers/members happy, and so some will prefer one against the other. I am sure there will be some cross-over in members looking in on both - this is better than having a pointless us and them attitude...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

What Ed said... There's enough room/demand for both, and there's no reason for anything other than peaceful co-existance!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 08, 2013, 08:22:02 PM

thing is 27% of our posters are under 30, I think they are our largest age demo......

YankeeJim

The difference is moderation. The FOF Gestapo keep the testosterone turkeys & the trollers at bay. Heil to them.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mr_Moon

Cottage Corner seems a bit obsessed by FOF.

Admin

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Admin on January 08, 2013, 10:43:27 PM

A bit like QPR with Fulham?

Don't know. There is a bit of an unhealthy obsession with QPR now though.

mr-ska

I just think we shouldn't lose sight that we all support the same club. Im involved in FOF.  I do look on other Fulham sites if i need updates on a Fulham story.

No reason to squabble about it.

Lighthouse

Started posting today on CC and it is like any other Forum.

Room for both and a chance to say the same thing again and again twice as often - Hurrah.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 08, 2013, 11:50:00 PM
Started posting today on CC and it is like any other Forum.

Room for both and a chance to say the same thing again and again twice as often - Hurrah.

I saw that....traitor!!!! I posted there today too, but under a different name. Easy to figure out though.... :022: