watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, January 12, 2013, 08:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Blooming coild wasn't it? and what a terrible second half, we were woeful. I usually never make predictions, but if we perform like we did in the second half we will be relegated. Also, today was Bryans worst performance for us. Overall, very disappointing.

Patrick

Quote from: Peabody on January 12, 2013, 08:03:42 PM
Blooming coild wasn't it? and what a terrible second half, we were woeful. I usually never make predictions, but if we perform like we did in the second half we will be relegated. Also, today was Bryans worst performance for us. Overall, very disappointing.

+1....I had memories of the Sanchez days creeping into my head near the end....

Berbasilk_111

Bryan made some good passes and almost won it at the end with his se shot on goal he was not that bad IMO, just a bit sloppy with the ball at times

Scrumpy

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on January 12, 2013, 08:37:47 PM
Bryan made some good passes and almost won it at the end with his se shot on goal he was not that bad IMO, just a bit sloppy with the ball at times

Agreed. He made 2 clear chances in the last 5 minutes when he was pushed forward. He's not a holding midfielder because he has a tendency to try and beat his man on the edge of his own area.  fp.gif Jol was pretty foolhardy to try and play him there - he should have made a straight swap; Baird for Sidders.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

CurryForMario

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 12, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

Agreed. He made 2 clear chances in the last 5 minutes when he was pushed forward. He's not a holding midfielder because he has a tendency to try and beat his man on the edge of his own area.  fp.gif Jol was pretty foolhardy to try and play him there - he should have made a straight swap; Baird for Sidders.

I think Jol was trying to create the Dembele effect again, however this clearly didn't work.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

bigalffc

He made some good passes but gave the ball away cheaply all to often. 3 times in the first half he was just knocked off the ball when in possession each time resulting in them getting a shot at goal.He is not strong enough full stop. Bad game made worse by his contribution.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Alternative

You cannot single out one player. After the Fulham goal there was a familiar lack of urgency and creativity.

We started to coast as usual. We lost possession too often. Attacks were too slow with too many square passes and passes back to Schwartzer.

cottage cheese

we pass it back to mark as our midfield is god awful at creating chances. Last season brede would give it to dembele who would beat a man and then release someone or murphy to thread a ball. This year we dont have that and thats why we cant seem to play through our midfield. Its either we lose the ball going foward or pass back to mark to open something up

Humbled

Should have scored both at the end. And I am convinced the one "cleared off the line" was going out for a throw. Certainly looked it from my angle.
He needs to be more advanced and with a STRIKER not a player that will drop deeper than him and also no one has a clue where he will be when they look up

Forever Fulham

I see improvements all over the place.  In link up play.  In possession.  In wing play.  The fullbacks are playing better.  Something is still missing though.   A few chucklehead plays did us in.  Berb was in a perfect position to score and waving frantically, and he didn't get the easy pass, which would have made it 2-1.  We lack composure near goal, I think.  When momentary calm is needed to slow time down, survey, and make the best move, we often pi$$@! our chances away by trying to force the more difficult action.  Why?

Logicalman

Unfortunately today I think we saw the way Bryan used to play when he first joined the club - in that he tended to hold the ball too long and a number of times just plainly ran into trouble, being surrounded by 2 or three players and was mugged.

Its not a good sign that from the start Martinez set his tactics up that way (mob the player with the ball) and we didn't react to it - and that goes for every player on the team as well as the coaching staff.

In addition, I saw at least 5 or more times where we had possession in the opponents half, and the ball ended up back with Mark again. Bryan did what he thought was right today, and played with heart, as did that little Greek Urn, also Richardson and Kac, but the tactics we played and the rest of the team didn't support their enthusiasm.