more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At this stage last season

Started by BlacknWhite, January 12, 2013, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 13, 2013, 12:33:47 AM
I'm a cynic, but sometimes I'm convinced people take pleasure from bad results so that they can say "I told you so".

I'm sure I'm wrong, though.

A bad result, try the last 14!

LBNo11

...I think the majority of comments tonight have been reasonable and debate has been free with conjecture and counter claims. When we had the win against a free falling Newcastle people were predicting a 7/8th place finish, whereas most of the games before and after showed this to be over optimistic to the point of delusional.

We take viewpoints differently, and it is natural to defend your point of view when you disagree - if that were not the case we may as well shut this board - and all the others - down. The lack of progress has been steady and so terminology like knee-jerk is hardly accurate.

PokerMatt, conversely I'm convinced people take pleasure from good results so that they can say "I told you so" I just hope they can tell me so by the end of the season...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Humbled

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 13, 2013, 12:46:09 AM
...I think the majority of comments tonight have been reasonable and debate has been free with conjecture and counter claims. When we had the win against a free falling Newcastle people were predicting a 7/8th place finish, whereas most of the games before and after showed this to be over optimistic to the point of delusional.

We take viewpoints differently, and it is natural to defend your point of view when you disagree - if that were not the case we may as well shut this board - and all the others - down. The lack of progress has been steady and so terminology like knee-jerk is hardly accurate.

PokerMatt, conversely I'm convinced people take pleasure from good results so that they can say "I told you so" I just hope they can tell me so by the end of the season...

The reason we beat Newcastle is 3 of their 4 back 4 like to bomb forward wich created huge gaps for us. Against anyone with structure we simply do not have the creativity to penetrate their defence. This in my opinion is due to the lack of options when we play Ruiz and Berba

PokerMatt

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 13, 2013, 12:46:09 AM

I fully respect your opinion, as I do most others on here.

My comment was part tongue-in-cheek and part from being outnumbered around here trying to stay positive: of course Fulham fans don't want Fulham to lose just to prove their point.

I'm not one of the ones who overstate good results and I admit to being angry and negative in the face of terrible performances, but I like to think I see enough that we won't get sucked into the bottom three. Results can come from anywhere and I believe we'll get a few more surprising ones before the end of the season.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Logicalman

Quote from: mickybrown100 on January 12, 2013, 10:58:38 PM
THIS IS LIKE THE SANCHEZ ERA, ABSOLUTELY USELESS. PLUS, RODALLEGA IS THE WORST PLAYER IN THE WORLD,  USELESS, MISSES ONE-ON-ONES AND TACKLES HIS OWN TEAM. USELESS. NEW KAMARA.

Swearing removed -   084.gif

Which part is the same as the Sanchez era, the first nine months or the last nine months? Clue: You have a 19 month span to choose from!

Oh, and I firmly believe that Rodders is better than some of those I saw playing for the lower league teams in last weeks FA Cup games - marginally maybe, but still better.