watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No joke mark schwarzer saved us today!

Started by JIMMY D, January 12, 2013, 11:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

Believe me if we did not have him between the sticks today the team would have 0 points. Looks like we will be on 25 points for the net 4 game weeks......  :dft004:

Scrumpy

Agree about Mark. A couple of outstanding saves today.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Bedford White

:plus one: But his distribution is still pants!

Max Headroom

His distribution is pants. He made a number of great saves but it's not coincidence that he two games we played well in we're the ones with stock dale in goal. Having him there adds 10 to 15 percent to the amount of possession we have!

michaelread

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 13, 2013, 08:27:13 AM
His distribution is pants. He made a number of great saves but it's not coincidence that he two games we played well in we're the ones with stock dale in goal. Having him there adds 10 to 15 percent to the amount of possession we have!

so, by your deduction, with a different goalkeeper in goals, we would have had 70% of the possession.

football 101 with Max Headroom, ladies and gentlemen.

ffc73

I don't go with the Max's stats but my view is that

Blackpool.  Stockdale.  Couple of outstanding saves & good distribution

Wigan.  Schwarzer.  Couple of outstanding saves today & poor distribution

Poor outfield performances in both games saved by the goalkeepers dong their job.

The fixation with the goalkeeper is a distraction.  The 10 in front of them need organising into a team to score more than 1 goal a game

bizarrebaz

Conversely you could say that but for a stunning goalline clearance from Ruiz shot we would have won.

fulhamben

i reckon if stockdale would have been in goal we would have won one nil. schwarzer was nowhere near their goal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ruiz11

Some great saves, yet once again his distribution was shaky and I never feel confident when he attempts to clear a bobbling back pass anymore.

CurryForMario

Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2013, 09:34:27 AM
i reckon if stockdale would have been in goal we would have won one nil. schwarzer was nowhere near their goal

That save that he tipped onto the crossbar though was absolutely brilliant, and to be fair, Di Santo's goal was a really great strike, and I highly doubt Stockdale would have saved that.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

fulhamben

Quote from: CurryForMario on January 13, 2013, 10:42:17 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2013, 09:34:27 AM

That save that he tipped onto the crossbar though was absolutely brilliant, and to be fair, Di Santo's goal was a really great strike, and I highly doubt Stockdale would have saved that.
yes it was, but i dont see how someone can just come out and say we wouldnt have even got a draw without schwarzer. unless of course they have been to a parrallel universe in which they witnessed stockdale in goal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Burt

I have been advocating a run for Stockdale and still do, given he is the future (or at least needs to be given the opportunity to prove to the club that he is).

But I would be the first to agree that Schwarzer's saves, particularly the first one, were world class.

Jack Fulham

Schwarzer saved us, Figueroa saved Wigan.