watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA Cup - not so wonderful now

Started by ffc73, January 13, 2013, 08:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Fulham now head to Blackpool on Tuesday evening (8pm) in their FA Cup Replay, with Jol adding: "It's always nice to have another opportunity to stay in the wonderful competition but it doesn't help that we have to play with the same team to try and get a result. Wigan, for example, played with almost a completely different team in the cup. We've got difficult games after that so I have a tough decision to make when it comes to selection."

Who do you think Jol is thinking of 'resting'?

and if the replacements perform better than the 'first choices' why should the automatic starters come straight back in for the "difficult games" when they have not performed well enough in the, by comparison, 'easier' games?

CurryForMario

I think this should be the line up for the cup:

Stockdale
Reither Hughes Senderos Briggs
Dejagah Karagounis Baird (Sidwell if Back) Frei (If back, Kaca if not)
Petric Ruiz

I think dropping Berba would be benefit everyone in this game - give him a rest, and let him know he has been performing well enough.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

sunburywhite

I would go with

Stockdale
Reither Hughes Senderos Richardson
Dejagah Kasami (he has to get a game sometime) Baird  Kaca
Petric Rodders
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Jol is getting on my wick with regards the 'tired' excuse. He has a squad where one player Kasami must have been on the bench seven times and not got a minute.
He brings in Kaca/Briggs/Frei and he has dropped them at times because they may have had a poor half and then the senior players get straight back in.

Ruiz and Berbatov are the untouchables so they don't get dropped.
Karagounis is 36 and for all his passion he should not have had to play every game over the last few weeks. We do have other players and Jol needs go have some faith in them.

So I expect at least 9 of the team that finished yesterday to start at Blackpool.

MJG

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 13, 2013, 09:04:07 AM
I would go with

Stockdale
Reither Hughes Senderos Richardson
Dejagah Kasami (he has to get a game sometime) Baird  Kaca
Petric Rodders
I would be ok with that team.If Frei is fit maybe start him.

mr-ska

I was going to take advantage of the free coach travel and go up there...  im in two minds now...  i'll save my decision till the morning x

A Humble Man

I think we should lose in the cup and concentrate on getting relegated.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Being so cheerful must keep you going!  :005:

ron

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 13, 2013, 10:52:01 AM
I think we should lose in the cup and concentrate on getting relegated.

Both events being still very possible...!

Burt

I would prefer to focus on winning the blasted thing. Havent had a good cup run for ages.

A Humble Man

Lets do a Portsmouth then and win the Cup and get relegated, a little bit of glory for another 30 year decline.
We Are Fulham, Believe.