watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov and Bryan

Started by win-dup, January 13, 2013, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Berbatov and Bryan are a luxury for a club like ours.

Burt

Welcome to the board!

You may want to use this emoticon for your avatar:

086.gif

Lighthouse

Instead of Berbatov a target bruiser and instead of Ruiz a hard but fair box to box midfielder. Yep I can see that being better in a side like Fulham. If we are honest the team and results have been usually poor when these two (Ruiz amd Berbatov) play together.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I think we would be in a worse place without those two. Just my opinion.

Basil

Think Ruiz may have to play out wide if him and Berbatov are both fit. I think Ruiz more important to us though, he can go past his man and put the opposition out of shape by doing so, this is what Dembele made so brilliant for us, now it is very easy for teams to keep their shape against us as very seldom we have somebody who goes past their man.

zzamora

Yawn. Change the tune.

096.gig

CurryForMario

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 13, 2013, 12:14:21 PM
Instead of Berbatov a target bruiser and instead of Ruiz a hard but fair box to box midfielder. Yep I can see that being better in a side like Fulham. If we are honest the team and results have been usually poor when these two (Ruiz amd Berbatov) play together.

I disagree completely. When both of them play UPFRONT together, we look far better than when they don't. West brom away, Arsenal away, Swansea at home for instance we looked great, and the combo does work, it's just they were very poor admittedly yesterday, but they were played hopelessly out of position.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Lighthouse

Quote from: CurryForMario on January 13, 2013, 12:27:46 PM

I disagree completely. When both of them play UPFRONT together, we look far better than when they don't. West brom away, Arsenal away, Swansea at home for instance we looked great, and the combo does work, it's just they were very poor admittedly yesterday, but they were played hopelessly out of position.

We have only won twice (One of which Ruiz on as sub) with these two playing together. I accept that when they are in the right positions and gel they look fine. But the results are not there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Danny

I hope You are not serious.

Humbled

Quote from: CurryForMario on January 13, 2013, 12:27:46 PM

West Brom away they both spent more time on the edge of our own box than attacking the other box. Swansea Ruiz was good but as a TEAM we looked good 2nd half due to Karagounis geeing everyone up. Berba was poor. We lack penetration with these 2 being our attackers and Ruiz can't play a Dembele role he turns on the spot too often and is too lightweight.

alfie

2 things annoyed me with Berbatov yday.

1. he gives the ball to Alex on half way line, Alex goes off down the wing, Berbatov made no effort whatsoever to try and get near the box to offer an outlet, just ambled foward, and he i thought is supposed to be a striker.

2. he got fouled and it was a foul, went down and when he was not given the foul he just sat their whilst the game was going on around him.

In my own personal opinion, i do not think he is good for this bunch of players, they are never going reach his standard and he seems incapable of coming down to theirs.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr Fulham

We'd be 20th without them.

RaySmith

I agree that we'd be worse without them, they have inspired some of our best performances, like Arsenal and WBA away.

Berba has been forced to play deep, and fulfill a creative role, because we haven't been getting the ball to him. Ruiz was also playing out of position yesterday - when he went further forward he was unlucky not to score.

Besides we've got a hard but fair, box to box midfielder in Sidwell.

We had the Pog, a target bruiser signed by Jol, but he went for more money. It's been a matter of making go with whoever Jol can bring in who is available for Jol - and he has done well, I think, with the resources available to him.

Berbasilk_111

Performed like the chuckle brothers yesterday

Humbled

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 13, 2013, 02:31:32 PM

u could be right mate but i would like to have seen Berba rested over xmas and Ruiz playing with someone actually up top... i feel we would be more dangerous and play as more of a team but hey easy to type isnt it

i would like to have seen a Kenwyn Jones with Berba or Ruiz when he was out of favor at Stoke i would take a fit Darren Bent, as said above maybe its the midfield that has caused Berba to drop so deep but i dont think so, i think he would drop deep and wide regardless. The midfield doesnt stop him from making a run into the box when kaca or duffers etc has the ball out wide

Bassey the warrior

Rubbish. They are integral to our offence. We've lost Dembele, Murphy, Pogrebnyak and Dempsey. Without them we have little to no creative outlet.
Ruiz has been one of our most consistent players and however much you dislike him Berbatov has as well. Berba has been less effective over the last few games, he should be encouraged to stop dropping quite so deep. He played further forward at Man Utd.

And above all else they both ooze class and are a joy to watch. I like to be entertained, perhaps you enjoy watching Stoke but I like flair players.

Humbled

i love watching flare players... however when it comes to my club i much prefer to see a win....
creativity wise they obv havent done a great job as we havent created much in recent games.

i will agree with the stop dropping deep bit though!! not sure he has it in him though.
i would be alot happier if Berba would make runs into the box after playing the ball out wide and also attempt to win a ball more tha 3 foot away from him.

has anyone else noticed any ball head height he fouls the defender rather than attempt to win it? he literally turns his back into the defender and pushes them, really frustrates me

MJG

Quote from: Humbled on January 13, 2013, 06:14:13 PM

has anyone else noticed any ball head height he fouls the defender rather than attempt to win it? he literally turns his back into the defender and pushes them, really frustrates me
you could also be talking about Petric. Always looks to the player and never the ball.

Humbled

Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2013, 06:17:17 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 13, 2013, 06:14:13 PM

you could also be talking about Petric. Always looks to the player and never the ball.

fair point....

Jambo

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 13, 2013, 02:31:32 PM

Exactly.  I'm sure Berbatov got Man of the match at west brom the league game before yesterday, Ruiz through ball for the ball. Short memories.  Nothing surprises me anymore with some of the stuff I here, not only on here I might add.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/