watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FC/SLGJ - Week 1 Results and Tip of the Day #10

Started by Airfix, January 13, 2013, 02:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Well, the results are (mostly) in and we can now have a look at how our fearless two dozen are faring in their own battle of the bulge.

Here's the data:

Those in yellow have received a 063.gif for not supplying their data on Friday - you have been warned!

Here is the leadership table for total weight loss:

Leading the race are Nick The Swede (proving at 2012 wasn't just a flash in the pan) and ScalleysDad with a loss of 9lb each.  Close behind are bigalffc (7lb) and Fat Freddys Cat (6lb) and FF(C)UK (5lb) with a bunch on 4lb each.  What is most encouraging is that no-one has actually put any weight on in the first week, so you are obviously all concentrating hard!

Here's the leadership table for percentage of weight lost:

ScalleysDad is currently taking top honours here, approaching 4% of his body-weight lost.  Nick is not far behind on 3.5% with bigalffc and Fred running them close.

I'm sure that a lot will change over the coming weeks, it'll be interesting how much more than the nearly 5 stone we have collectively shed.

Here's today's tip: Eat slower

One of the main issues surrounding food for someone who weighs more than they would like is, invariably, that they eat too quickly.  When you eat, your brain is in constant dialogue with your stomach to regulate how much food is in it.  Once it reaches a certain level of content, your stomach sends a message to your brain saying, "Stop, I'm full."  What most people don't realise is that it can take up to 20 minutes for this message to get through.

Many dieticians recommend that you chew each mouthful around 30 times before swallowing as this (a) slows you down and (b) allows the enzymes in your saliva to begin to process the food before it reaches your stomach.

So, eat slowly, savour your food and stop before you feel full.

Keep going!

Airfix

Berserker

If Fulham win my eating habits are a lot better, if we lose it goes to pot. Therefore i blame my lack of weight loss on Marten Jol ;-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fletchino

Quote from: Berserker on January 14, 2013, 09:39:56 AM
If Fulham win my eating habits are a lot better, if we lose it goes to pot. Therefore i blame my lack of weight loss on Marten Jol ;-)

When fulham win I tend to not eat for the rest of the day. I'm to busy drinking :-)

Nick the Swede

Quote from: FLETCHINO on January 14, 2013, 11:03:12 AM

When fulham win I tend to not eat for the rest of the day. I'm to busy drinking :-)

I think that is known to happen to quite a few of us  :wine:
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Airfix

Quote from: Nick the Swede on January 14, 2013, 11:32:32 AM

Glad to see that Tip of the Day #3 has made a good impact then!   :doh:

ScalleysDad

Never fear intrepid weight watchers. I have been struck with lergy after lergy since boxing day so the food intake has gone down dramatically. As soon as a bacon sandwich with brown sauce rolls by I am on it so look out for a more realistic score next week. I'll have to go up a bit before restarting as I'm knackered all the time with this bug. Well done to everybody who has lost a few pounds without spending much of the day in the bathroom. I am reliably informed that going to the Swansea did'nt help which is why I am getting absolutely no sympathy.

Berserker

Wish i'd stood nearer to you Saturday and caught the bug, If i'd  lost 9 lb that would be my diet nearly over, mind it could have ended up a bit messy in the car driving back to Swindon!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Airfix

Quote from: Berserker on January 14, 2013, 04:32:11 PM
Wish i'd stood nearer to you Saturday and caught the bug, If i'd  lost 9 lb that would be my diet nearly over, mind it could have ended up a bit messy in the car driving back to Swindon!

You'd have been right in the Diarra!

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Airfix on January 14, 2013, 11:40:10 AM
Quote from: Nick the Swede on January 14, 2013, 11:32:32 AM

Glad to see that Tip of the Day #3 has made a good impact then!   :doh:

Haha, that was the past my friend.  :dft001:

If this (our poor form AND the weight loss) keeps up we'll see lots of Fulham fans hitting the fizzy water in the pub after games. Or maybe not knowing the average football fan  078.gif
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Kell