watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kaca...... maybe its just me

Started by Jambo, January 13, 2013, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

He is young so I know he will naturally get some extra slack when it comes to pointing the finger and I'm not here.   BUT.  I'm finding it very hard to take to him and I want him to do well, he has popped up with a couple of important goals none more so than at West Brom but when I see him on the ball I'm never convinced he has it under control, he very rarely beats a full back and I'm yet to see a final ball.  Don't get me wrong I'm not writing him off and as I said I want him to do well.  I'm just failing to see what others are, but then again having read the board in the last 24 hours that shouldn't surprise me.   :028: :028:
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

EJL

He does take too many attempts to get a good ball in but he will get better. One of the few players who appeared 'up for it' yesterday.

Jack Fulham

For me, he does beat the man but most of his crosses are blocked. Good little player going forward but offers little support for his full back. He'll learn though, I like to think.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Sometimes it is difficult for him to pick a target with very little movement in and around the box...

dannydog

Won't go outside to beat his man always cuts inside which slows us down, he does keep going though just lacks belief in himself.

Humbled

i thought he was poor yesterday and has been of late... he seems far to predictable, however i also think he will get better. he has great potential and in the Norwich game looked like such a threat. i just wonder if he feels pressure to look for Berba all the time. he gets so far down the left then cuts back and norm a couple of 1-2's later it ends up at Brede's feet. i dont think it helps when he does get down to the byline often we have NOONE in the box to fizz the ball across to

TonyGilroy

In my opinion he's improving game by game. I think he's destined for better things.

His awareness of what's happening around him is good and he tries not to waste the ball which is why he sometimes holds on to it too long. Increasingly he's moving infield and leaving his wing. He could be better defensively I'll admit.

Bassey the warrior

He's inconsistent, when on form he can be very good. Isn't hugely quick as far as wingers go though which might explain why he struggles to beat his man sometimes. He needs to improve his crossing for sure and improve defensively. But he has the talent to become a good player.

zzamora

He blows hot and cold. But I agree with Tony Gilroy, he is improving noticeably.

leonffc

I thought he was our best player yesterday. The problem at the moment (from my point if view) is that when he gets the ball the rest of our team is so lathargic and lacking support play that he gets isolated in a 3v1 situation. He can't cross it in to the box cos no one fancies getting on there.
 He took on 3 or 4 players a couple of times yesterday and still had no one to pass to. 4 players out the game should surely open up space for some of our runners? Nope!!

Sheepskin Junior

I think he has been great this season. His link up play with Berbatov can be sublime. He is young and doesn't have too much experience, however, which means sometimes his play can be a little substandard. One of the surprise packages for me this season.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 13, 2013, 06:46:47 PM
For me, he does beat the man but most of his crosses are blocked. Good little player going forward but offers little support for his full back. He'll learn though, I like to think.

I completely agree with this, I believe he can beat his man frequently, and perhaps the reason you feel this way is because he tries to beat his man a lot thus making him look less successful? Just perhaps.

His final ball will come, he's still growing, he's still learning, at the moment he's the best option we have. He's a definite starter for me, he loves hugging the touchline but also not shy to come inside and he does make some great runs.

Again, the defensive side of his game will develop but he does run a hell of a lot, frequently notching up 6-7 miles a game! He's quite often in our top three of players who ran the furthest (worked out by EA).

Burt

He will get better as he gets more experience...definitely one for the future.

The guys behind us who were having a go at Frei in the Swansea match turned their attention to Kaca yesterday, constantly criticising him. This time we did say something to them. Along the lines of why bother turning up if that is all they were going to do.

Lighthouse

He has nobody to cross to so ends up with a delay or a blind cross and hope. Not always his fault.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Enter the Frei

thought he struggled to beat his man yesterday, but linked up well with Richardson. He's actually a very intelligent player when you watch him, hardly ever ends up in the wrong place when we're going forward and I hope this develops into a knack of being in the right place at the right time in and around the box.

I agree he's not the ideal option there right now but I really enjoy watching him develop and improve.

CurryForMario

He's very raw, however I feel it will take him at least another 2 years to become a 'important' member of our team, as at the moment I'm indifferent who plays in that role.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

MJG

When fit it should be Frei and Kaca sharing the LM/LW role deciding who starts on a game by game basis. Two really good young talents who we should show more faith in.

Scrumpy

I prefer him to Frei. He has a good footballing brain, and will progress, I reckon.

Like most youngsters, he needs to be rested occasionally.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

St Eve

Kaca and Frei are our future. The more playing time they get the better they will become

bill taylors apprentice

I would love it if he took his man on more often, sent a tempting cross into the danger area and then showed his frustration that none of his team mates had read the move.
He needs to grow up quickly and be more confident.