News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Swapping Jol for a Champions League winner?

Started by The Equalizer, January 14, 2013, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamMic

But isn't Jol taking us backwards? Results have been poor for months now, this isn't just a blip, there is something clearly not right with his management skills.

What a gift you have! Being able to completely disregard the whole of last season, or the first ten games of this one. The performances away (yes, away!) at Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton, Reading, West Brom clearly mean nothing to you?

It's a blip, nothing more. Yeah, it may be a little bigger than most, but still a blip none-the-less.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 14, 2013, 02:56:35 PM
But isn't Jol taking us backwards? Results have been poor for months now, this isn't just a blip, there is something clearly not right with his management skills.

What a gift you have! Being able to completely disregard the whole of last season, or the first ten games of this one. The performances away (yes, away!) at Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton, Reading, West Brom clearly mean nothing to you?

It's a blip, nothing more. Yeah, it may be a little bigger than most, but still a blip none-the-less.

To be fair, we were crap up until the end of December last season. 14 games is definitely a lot more than a blip, it's nearly half a season of not getting results. If we had had this run of form from the start, after 14 games we would have been bottom of the table. That does actually tell you quite a lot about this 'blip'.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

EJL

Quote from: fulhamross on January 14, 2013, 11:32:56 AM
i want paulo di canio!
Paulo di Canio seems like the most impossible man in the world to get along with. Very public bust-ups, leaves previously key players to rot in the reserves for little to no reason and he's only managed in the lower leagues.

If the club were to sack Jol and replace him with di Canio, we would almost certainly go down. It would be up there with the oddest managerial appointments in Football history.

EJL

FulhamMic

To be fair, we were crap up until the end of December last season. 14 games is definitely a lot more than a blip, it's nearly half a season of not getting results. If we had had this run of form from the start, after 14 games we would have been bottom of the table. That does actually tell you quite a lot about this 'blip'.

14 games is a red-herring. It's 11 at the most; with the Sunderland game being the turning point. And whilst we may have only taken 9 points from a possible 33, some of our performances certainly merited more: Sunderland until the sending off, away to Chelsea, at home to Southampton and Swansea.

There's 16 games left, and 15 points for definite safety (although I suspect it'll be less than 40 this season). We're already averaging more than a point-per-game so there's no need for panic.

Ordar

I've personally lost patience with Jol. I cant see what style he's attemping to implement, and the performances and results have been terrible. The QPR, Liverpool Blackpool, Swansea 1st half, Southampton and Wigan games were abysmal performances. We've been bottom of the form league for about 3 months now. We're not creating any chances during games, and throwing points away left right and centre. Not to mention that We're half way through an important transfer window and have done nothing. (After having 5 months to plan for it)

Realistic Candidates

Unproven but up and coming - Di Canio, Lee Clark, Eddie Howe
High Profile - Roberto Di Matteo, Claudio Ranieri, Gerrard Houllier, Ruud Gullit
Current PL Managers - Steve Clarke, Michael Laudrup
Random Longshots - John Collins, Vincenzo Montella, Gary Neville, Dennis Bergkamp, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jurgen Klinsmann

Anyone there that people would be interested in?

The Equalizer

Have you seen our upcoming fixtures FulhamMic?

Man City V Fulham
Fulham V West Ham
Fulham V Man Utd
Norwich V Fulham
Fulham V Stoke
Sunderland V Fulham
Fulham V Chelsea
Tottenham V Fulham

I can't see us getting a great deal of points out of the next 8 games. Possibly against West Ham and Stoke, even Norwich and Sunderland away are possibilities, but I doubt very much that we'll get anything out of the rest, if we display the form that we have recently. I hope that I will be completely wrong about this, but I simply do not have the faith anymore.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Berbasilk_111

I just want a manager who can help the team move the ball forward and driving into more advanced areas, not knocking the ball to the centre half hangers who either loses possession with a long ball up or passes it to schwarzer who normally conjures up something worse lol... Real lack of movement off the ball around the team too, very worrying, everyone is just static, how could chances possibly be created this way???

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Ordar on January 14, 2013, 03:22:19 PM

Realistic Candidates

High Profile - Roberto Di Matteo, Claudio Ranieri, Gerrard Houllier, Ruud Gullit
Random Longshots - John Collins, Vincenzo Montella, Gary Neville, Dennis Bergkamp, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jurgen Klinsmann

Only Laudrup but he wouldn't come to us. The others are a step backwards.

cottage cheese

randomguy

Legate21

I got excited at the title of this thread thinking Guardiola was coming our way :005: :Get Coat gif:

FulhamMic

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 14, 2013, 03:23:10 PM

Man City V Fulham      0pts
Fulham V West Ham    3pts
Fulham V Man Utd       1pts
Norwich V Fulham        1pts
Fulham V Stoke           3pts
Sunderland V Fulham    1pts
Fulham V Chelsea         1pts
Tottenham V Fulham     0pts

I can't see us getting a great deal of points out of the next 8 games. Possibly against West Ham and Stoke, even Norwich and Sunderland away are possibilities, but I doubt very much that we'll get anything out of the rest, if we display the form that we have recently. I hope that I will be completely wrong about this, but I simply do not have the faith anymore.

Call me optimistic, but I see at least ten points here.

FulhamMic

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 14, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
roberto martinez? Would anyone want him?

If 100% behind Jol, but if he were to leave then Martinez would be an excellent replacement.

DJinNJ

Man City V Fulham
Fulham V West Ham
Fulham V Man Utd
Norwich V Fulham
Fulham V Stoke
Sunderland V Fulham
Fulham V Chelsea
Tottenham V Fulham

We got a point at Stamford Bridge without Ruiz and Hangeland during this supposedly disastrous run of form, why couldn't we get something at home? Even if Chelsea beat us, if we can get two wins and two draws from the four manageable games, then its eight points from eight games and we're still on track for survival with an easier final eight games. Will we get the eight points? Maybe, maybe not, but I don't see the need to obsess about relegation when the points required should be very low and even when playing poorly we're managing to pick up draws and the odd win, which is all we really need.

nose

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 14, 2013, 03:36:33 PM
Quote from: Ordar on January 14, 2013, 03:22:19 PM

Realistic Candidates

Only Laudrup but he wouldn't come to us. The others are a step backwards.

I think lee clark would be a gamble but one it ight be worth taking. I would imagine laudrop is happy where he is but I have liked Gus Poyet as a manager for ages and he is clever and ambitious and knows how to get the best from what he has. Poyet would be my first choice.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 14, 2013, 03:43:21 PM

Man City V Fulham      0pts
Fulham V West Ham    3pts
Fulham V Man Utd       1pts
Norwich V Fulham        1pts
Fulham V Stoke           3pts
Sunderland V Fulham    1pts
Fulham V Chelsea         1pts
Tottenham V Fulham     0pts

Call me optimistic, but I see at least ten points here.

You know what mate, I admire your optimism. I just don't seem to possess any of it myself after the last few lacklustre games against Wigan, Southampton and QPR... If we can't get points off of them teams, I don't have any faith in getting points from the bigger teams. Of course we will get something, but I'm at odds as to where.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 14, 2013, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on January 14, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
roberto martinez? Would anyone want him?

If 100% behind Jol, but if he were to leave then Martinez would be an excellent replacement.

couldn't agree more. In Jol We Trust but if he was to go and leave us to manage in Germany then Martinez would be the man i would want. COYW's!!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

CurryForMario

Di Matteo has never proved himself as a great manager - yes he won the cl, however he screwed up a lot in the league - he led THAT chelsea team to 6th place - below newcastle.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!