News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Swapping Jol for a Champions League winner?

Started by The Equalizer, January 14, 2013, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

The Twitter rumour mill seems to be suggesting that a certain Roberto Di Matteo might be coming in as a replacement for our ever-so-slightly-off-his-head manager.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

cottage cheese

Cant seem him doing well as we do not have the creativity in our team to counter the way he likes to do

Burt

Oh good grief...

If we are going down that route, then why not take a punt on Sean O'Driscoll?

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

shnlwswlkr

Di Matteo is the luckiest manager in history. Would he bring in his team of John Terry and Lampard too, to help make his decisions? I'm not sure our bus is big enough to block the whole goal either.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

AlFayedsChequebook

Di Matteo would confirm relegation.

Any manager who comes in will still face the same problems as Jol - namely we dont have a central midfield.

Oiseau

Remember how well Di Matteo did with WBA (a club with a similar budget and ambitions to us)?

RaySmith

The Equalizer

Quote from: Oiseau on January 14, 2013, 11:00:02 AM
Remember how well Di Matteo did with WBA (a club with a similar budget and ambitions to us)?

And a team that was built by Roy Hodgson.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 14, 2013, 11:06:47 AM

No, Hodgson replaced Di Matteo and saved them from relegation

JustOverTheRiver

I cannot see how this would help us at all.

The Equalizer

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 14, 2013, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on January 14, 2013, 11:06:47 AM

No, Hodgson replaced Di Matteo and saved them from relegation

Oops! Wires crossed! I knew I was close though.

fulhamfan

bugsy

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 14, 2013, 10:58:51 AM
Di Matteo would confirm relegation.

Any manager who comes in will still face the same problems as Jol - namely we dont have a central midfield.
This is very true

JackyFulham90

TWFL

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 14, 2013, 11:38:19 AM
Anyone after Jol will be a step backwards
Massive +1. Would be incredibly foolish of us to sack Jol.

Admin

But isn't Jol taking us backwards? Results have been poor for months now, this isn't just a blip, there is something clearly not right with his management skills. OK, we are without a couple of players, most teams battle through, we just seem to have totally collapsed. My theory is that he has come unstuck trying to manage a Fulham type club. At Spurs, Hamburg and Ajax he had the resources, at Fulham he's seems to stratch his head more than any other manager.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Admin on January 14, 2013, 11:49:00 AM

But isn't Jol taking us backwards? Results have been poor for months now, this isn't just a blip, there is something clearly not right with his management skills. OK, we are without a couple of players, most teams battle through, we just seem to have totally collapsed. My theory is that he has come unstuck trying to manage a Fulham type club. At Spurs, Hamburg and Ajax he had the resources, at Fulham he's seems to stratch his head more than any other manager.

Ajax had the resources and once they ran out he left.

DiegoFulham

I want Martin Jol to stay it's the boards fault that he hasn't had a penny to spend. we sold Dembele for 15M, Dempsey 8M even bloody Dickson Etuhu for 3.5M. All this money shouldn't all go into the stand. Mr Al Fayed is a rich businessman. I love Al Fayed to pieces but Martin Jol shouldn't be fully taking the stick. brought in Berbatov who scored all thoses goals and won the goldern boot only a few years ago. brought in Petric when once apon a time he was one of the Bundersliga's best strikers, Reither the list goes on. I love Martin JOLLLL! Martin Jol likes me! (8) aha but if anyone was to take over for me only two men maybe 3 men can take over and be loved by us FFC fans and they're Lee Clark (Birmingham), Noisey(Bristol City) and Former Fulham captian and now Fulham Legend Danny Murphy (Blackburn). Plus i wouldn't want a former chelsea player/manager in charge unless his name is Damien Duff. we had another of that when we had the last one before the great Martin Jol!
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back