more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Karagounis - The Guardian "Talking Points"

Started by sumofallparts, January 14, 2013, 02:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumofallparts

10) Every club needs a Karagounis

Fulham's lean patch at the end of 2012 ended with a win on New Year's Day but they would have been back on the slide if Giorgos Karagounis had not scored superlative goals in successive matches. As any Greece supporter will tell you, Karagounis is a warrior spirit who can lift a side with word and deed. The most capped Greece international is playing in a more defensive role than he is used to but his late equaliser had earned an FA Cup draw against Blackpool and the 35-year-old's great strike opened the scoring against Wigan in another 1-1 result on Saturday. An experienced midfielder who covers a lot of ground, scores goals and plays with his heart on his sleeve: now that is someone every club would like to unearth over the next two weeks. Robert Woodward

As I said a while back, acts like a Captain, leads from the front and by example, runs his legs off. Top bloke and way better than the "ancient Greek" tag.

domprague

I agree but he'd be even better if he could keep going at that speed for the full 90 minutes.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Northern Cottager

Hes been one of our best players since his run in the side.

God The Mechanic

cottage cheese

the joy and passion when he scored both goals is something I havnt seen in any of our players for a while. It obviously means a lot to him  going by his celebration. Like someone said I really wish we had him about 3 years ago! A true warrior.

sumofallparts

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 14, 2013, 02:32:06 PM
the joy and passion when he scored both goals is something I havnt seen in any of our players for a while. It obviously means a lot to him  going by his celebration. Like someone said I really wish we had him about 3 years ago! A true warrior.

You mean when he stood before the crowd and almost roared! This is EXACTLY the sort of team spirit we need.
When did you last see something like this from our Captain?

The Equalizer

the joy and passion when he scored both goals is something I havnt seen in any of our players for a while. It obviously means a lot to him  going by his celebration. Like someone said I really wish we had him about 3 years ago! A true warrior.

Good for him! He clearly wanted to see out the remainder of his career in the Premier League, so scoring a couple of goals must've been the cherry on the cake of a great career.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

cottage cheese

Quote from: sumofallparts on January 14, 2013, 02:33:54 PM

You mean when he stood before the crowd and almost roared! This is EXACTLY the sort of team spirit we need.
When did you last see something like this from our Captain?

Ye it was a joy to see, you could see how fired up he was! Shame the rest of them failed to be lifted from it. If only he could speak english then he would be my captain for sure at the moment as Brede is playing god awful. With his future in the air..does he really care anymore etc?

CurryForMario

Love the player. Hope he gets the armband once Jol realises Hangeland isn't a leader and not in the right frame of mind.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

The Bronsons

Quote from: CurryForMario on January 14, 2013, 04:53:33 PM
Love the player. Hope he gets the armband once Jol realises Hangeland isn't a leader and not in the right frame of mind.

Sadly he's perhaps too old to be captain because there's doubt he should be playing 90 minutes, let alone every game. He's been brilliant, though. Please stay fit!

west kowloon white

Is there a max age for Captaincy?With the lanky Scandinavian showing a distinct lack of interest-pity language problem.

horse1031

wish we would have had him 4 years earlier.

The Bronsons

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 14, 2013, 05:35:56 PM
Is there a max age for Captaincy?With the lanky Scandinavian showing a distinct lack of interest-pity language problem.

No age limit if you are able to play 90 minutes or near-as game after game. I was just wondering if that is doable for him.