watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how fickle we supporters are

Started by alfie, January 14, 2013, 06:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Just been thinking about a couple of things and i think we as supporters have double standards and we are very fickle

Lets look at Roy and Jol

Roy comes to Fulham does not have a great start, but tries to install his way of playing, has a little bit of success in taking us to a final, then buggers off to Liverpool.

Jol comes to Fulham does not have a great start, tries to install his way of playing, and still waiting for that little bit of success.

Roy tries to install his way of playing at Liverpool, players do not like it, the board does not give him money to buy players, results start going against him, and eventually gets the sack.
Fulham supporters are outraged that he should be treated this way.

Jol tries to install his way of playing at Fulham, players do not like it, the board does not give him money to buy players (alledgedly), Results start going against him, and possibility will be sacked....

Fulham supporters screaming for him to be sacked.

Oh sorry not all Fulham supporters want him sacked.
and i wonder if those Liverpool supporters who wanted him sacked were saying that Roy was destroying their club.

I just find that interesting.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Artful Dodger

The main difference is that most Liverpool fans didn't want Hodgson in the first place and never gave him a chance and more importantly, the players didn't seem to want him either. Jol has had 18 months and we are actually getting worse (we did finish top half last year) with a difficult run in ahead and relegation not an impossibility.

I would call it educated and concerned, rather than fickle.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Burt

We were only a last minute line-clearance away from winning, and 11th place, and 8 points from the relegation zone, on Saturday. How different would that have made things?

Artful Dodger

Or we were only a great Schwarzer save and post away from defeat at home to a team in the relegation zone.......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Burt

Indeed.

Which shows the thin line between success and failure.

So thin that we are the same distance away from 7th as we are from 18th.

Granted, our form doesn't exactly indicate an imminent storming up the table, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

CurryForMario

Exactly, it's funny how quickly things can chance in football. What if we beat Blackpool and mastermind a win at Old Trafford? Will Jol then be manager of the season?
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

TonyGilroy

Hodgson took on what looked like an impossible task - he wouldn't have been blamed for relegation. What he did was set about organising us and we could see and appreciate what he was trying to do. We were exceptionally lucky to stay up but we'd have been in good shape had we gone down.

Right now I see decline and whilst you can argue about the reasons there are no signs obvious to me of how we pull out of this short of spending serious money wisely.

MJG

Quote from: CurryForMario on January 14, 2013, 06:47:29 PM
Exactly, it's funny how quickly things can chance in football. What if we beat Blackpool and mastermind a win at Old Trafford? Will Jol then be manager of the season?
in the end if we next two games that great, that's what we want. But one or two games should not hide what's been going on for around 15 games.
We did not kick on from Newcastle. And while we beat WBA the last couple of games have not impressed.

So no he would not be manager of the season.

Jambo

Quote from: Burt on January 14, 2013, 06:46:59 PM
Indeed.

Which shows the thin line between success and failure.

So thin that we are the same distance away from 7th as we are from 18th.

Granted, our form doesn't exactly indicate an imminent storming up the table, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

The thin line is either the Jol out mob being quiet and not on the board or they come out in force and board becomes a shooting gallery.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cottage cheese

i understand the opinions but my concern is when or how do you expect us to get better? There is no sign at all that Jol is trying to turn things around. WBA was a result but we rode our luck that day with hughes goal saving header and them hitting the post and succes is a thin line which has been mentioned...I see nothing on the pitch that suggests as a team we are up for it apart from the odd individual. NO passion or desire is the worst attribute a struggling team can have. AT least at the moment qpr,reading and wigan are giving it 100% regardless of the results and im sorry I cant say the same for us which is the managers fault. This run has been truly awful and something has to change.

We just pass around then pass to the defence who then pass to mark who then hoofs it up field for us to lose it. That is how I would sum us up at the moment.

mr-ska

Im fed up  and worried.. but my support wont waver.  I cant say i want Jol out..  i just want us to start playing like i know we can..  like we did under Jol last season.  I have no answers..

mickybrown100

All these Jol protectors are deluded. We have been shot for 4 months, with the odd good result. Drawing at home to Wigan and Southampton is shocking. Something has to change, and it's gotta be him, and what the bookies are predicting, it's gonna happen. Did you see his interview after the Wigan game, he said we played well. We were awful, that's how much he doesn't know atm.

alfie

Quote from: mr-ska on January 14, 2013, 06:56:23 PM
Im fed up  and worried.. but my support wont waver.  I cant say i want Jol out..  i just want us to start playing like i know we can..  like we did under Jol last season.  I have no answers..

I think probably most people on here share your view, but a few seem to have all the answers.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TonyGilroy

Quote from: alfie on January 14, 2013, 06:58:59 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on January 14, 2013, 06:56:23 PM

I think probably most people on here share your view, but a few seem to have all the answers.

I don't have any answers but I'd like the club to employ someone who does.

A Humble Man

People are making no allowance for the injuries we have had.  We were left short of midfielders because of the very late and unexpected loss of Moussa. Ruiz then got injured, then Diarra and now Sidwell.  Jol has admitted he had to play a dangerously over attacking team with Ruiz and Robinson out of position.  We nearly created a lot of chances but were exposed at the back as at times we had a two man defence.  At the beginning of the season when Jol could choose the team he wanted we were doing very well.  If we get our injured players back and sign a few cheap but talented players we will start to win and score lots of goals again.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

jarv

I'm with Mr. Ska, fed up and worried. I was fed up and worried after the Sunderland defeat and it has gotten steadily worse since then.
We are all in a state of confusion, how could such a GOOD team go pear shaped so quickly?
That's football I suppose. Look at some others.
Arsenal, in a slump by their standards for 3 years.
Liverpool, a one man team.
Newcastle, one good season and back to normal.
Villa...say no more.
wba....watch the slide continue.

I am not a fan of Jol but no point in changing. I recall a quote by 'arry.  I want 11 players who WANT TO WIN. If any one doesn't they are out of the team. Perhaps Jol needs to take some advice there.

Jambo

Quote from: mickybrown100 on January 14, 2013, 06:58:10 PM
All these Jol protectors are deluded. We have been shot for 4 months, with the odd good result. Drawing at home to Wigan and Southampton is shocking. Something has to change, and it's gotta be him, and what the bookies are predicting, it's gonna happen. Did you see his interview after the Wigan game, he said we played well. We were awful, that's how much he doesn't know atm.

4 months? you mean since we sold £23m worth of talent and didn't replace them???  God damn that Mr Jol.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JBH

Quote from: jarv on January 14, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
I'm with Mr. Ska, fed up and worried. I was fed up and worried after the Sunderland defeat and it has gotten steadily worse since then.
We are all in a state of confusion, how could such a GOOD team go pear shaped so quickly?
That's football I suppose. Look at some others.
Arsenal, in a slump by their standards for 3 years.
Liverpool, a one man team.
Newcastle, one good season and back to normal.
Villa...say no more.
wba....watch the slide continue.

I am not a fan of Jol but no point in changing. I recall a quote by 'arry.  I want 11 players who WANT TO WIN. If any one doesn't they are out of the team. Perhaps Jol needs to take some advice there.

Yes and he could start by getting rid of Brede

jarv

I forgot to add a bit. The answer? OK, who knows but there are many decent central midfield players sitting out every week plus loads of box to box battlers in the championship. All we need is 2, not the greatest players but willing to fight for the cause.Not players off to African nations cup.  It might save the season like Pog did last january, a gamble which did pay off.
We can hope.

leonffc

I don't want him out but I do want to see a difference in style of play and positive attitude from the players.
He can whinge about not having the playing staff all he wants but at the end of the day he's a coach and he has them together at training every day. If he cant coach players to be a bit more direct (not long ball) and get numbers into the box when attacking then he's not up to the job. Anyone get get a team to pass sideways all day. Berbatov needs to play up top where he can make things happen rather than in a 6 man midfield.