more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK

Started by Andy S, January 14, 2013, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

OK
LB11 somehow wants us all to think that there is no link between the fans and the players! His quote from an earlier message "apart from celebrating Karagounis' strike I didn't even sing/chant or clap. Maybe Andy S is right, it is my fault the players are playing so bad" Not your fault but possibly ours and theirs.

Do you remember that night at the Cottage on the way to a european final against Hamburg? The crowd started to sing Stand up if you still believe". I don't know who started it but that guy took us to the greatest occasion in our history. He was the 12th man on the pitch that night. We sang and we sang. The players tried the imposible and won. Why? Because even with the huge wage packets they need to be loved as well. Instead of booing how about another song!

mr-ska

Fans can influence players.  I think the players have to care about what the fans think.  The bunch  playing under Roy were 92.8% with us (apart from Zamora).  The stand up if you still believe was a classic of our time.  I was looking for it on youtube the other day.. seems to of been removed.

LBNo11

...Andy S, in response:-

1) Check out my posts - I have always been a big singer and have even been known to start chants, and I have long campaigned for getting the fans to sing and for changes to the structure of the HE at the back to make the sound travel better.
Whenever we have a goal scored against us, do you know who is the big bastard who always stands up and sings at the top of his voice "Come On Fulham" to get the crowd behind the team - yes - ME!
On Saturday the players couldn't be bothered and for the first time in my life, neither could I.

2) Re the Hamburg game, we stood up because we believed - because we believed in the players, because they played 100% out of their skins, they showed passion and pride and excelled themselves.
Track back to Saturday - did I miss that same pride and passion, did the crowd not get behind them, well I ruddy well wonder why.

I am a passionate guy, I wear my heart on my sleeve and have watched Fulham when we were crap, with a crap dilapidated ground, with crap managers and crap chairmen, with 3,500-5,000 devoted and dedicated fans - we had no great expectations, the players did what they could with their limited abilities and with limited funds but I still felt pride at being a Fulham fan even though for decades I have had the piss ripped out of me for supporting them.

Now let me tell you this Andy S, don't you ever question my support, my loyalty and my right to voice my opinion about what I see or feel, and if you think I should stop going because I question the players wages, and their effort and their commitment let me say this, when these overpaid, under performing , cossetted players are playing for another team, in another league, you will still see me at Craven Cottage, by the river supporting whoever wears the white shirt, whatever division we are in...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: mr-ska on January 14, 2013, 07:28:19 PM
Fans can influence players.  I think the players have to care about what the fans think.  The bunch  playing under Roy were 92.8% with us (apart from Zamora).  The stand up if you still believe was a classic of our time.  I was looking for it on youtube the other day.. seems to of been removed.

Stand Up If You Still Believe !!!

alfie

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 14, 2013, 07:34:18 PM

1) Check out my posts - I have always been a big singer and have even been known to start chants, and I have long campaigned for getting the fans to sing and for changes to the structure of the HE at the back to make the sound travel better.
Whenever we have a goal scored against us, do you know who is the big bastard who always stands up and sings at the top of his voice "Come On Fulham" to get the crowd behind the team - yes - ME!
On Saturday the players couldn't be bothered and for the first time in my life, neither could I.

2) Re the Hamburg game, we stood up because we believed - because we believed in the players, because they played 100% out of their skins, they showed passion and pride and excelled themselves.
Track back to Saturday - did I miss that same pride and passion, did the crowd not get behind them, well I ruddy well wonder why.

I am a passionate guy, I wear my heart on my sleeve and have watched Fulham when we were crap, with a crap dilapidated ground, with crap managers and crap chairmen, with 3,500-5,000 devoted and dedicated fans - we had no great expectations, the players did what they could with their limited abilities and with limited funds but I still felt pride at being a Fulham fan even though for decades I have had the piss ripped out of me for supporting them.

Now let me tell you this Andy S, don't you ever question my support, my loyalty and my right to voice my opinion about what I see or feel, and if you think I should stop going because I question the players wages, and their effort and their commitment let me say this, when these overpaid, under performing , cossetted players are playing for another team, in another league, you will still see me at Craven Cottage, by the river supporting whoever wears the white shirt, whatever division we are in...

There is no one more passionate that mr LB11, and by god i have heard him,  but i refuse to believe that the players cannot be bothered, (well apart from the one who supposed to be our "best" player)
Look at manu yesterday, during the 2nd half they were defending like there was no tomorrow, just like we had to, and they are far better than Liverpool.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 14, 2013, 07:34:18 PM

Quite right Ed, fed up like you with  people on here telling us the fans, that it is our fault for not getting behind the team, I was stuck in the Putney end near the river Saturday amongst all the tourists and kids for a quid ( long story) and I alone shouted for Fulham and could hear the guys at the back of The Hammy end singing away even after they scored but as you rightly said you get to the point of why bother, the players obviously don't care so why should I? the difference is I paid to freeze my nuts off to watch that dross, they were being paid a small fortune to be out there and put in a performance which on the whole they failed to do. There has been one player recently who has given his all each game and that is Sidwell, the ancient Greek comes second,  shame the others don't give the same.

Berserker

I'll have you know mine and Scalleysdad's enclaves in P1 and P2, plus aload of kiddies by us, were shouting encouragement for Fulham. I don't think i heard anybody boo  either
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Andy S

I don't always agree with people's opinion but I accept their right to have an opinion. I think you over heated there a little
I too have supported Fulham for over 44 years and have been at the cottage through thick and thin I brought up my 4 children to watch fulham and do not need a lecture on singing from anyone. I was here in the dark days  when My children and I arrived at the Ground at 2.00pm and they were sat on the crash barriers 2/3 of the way up the terrace out of reach from the ball. I remember being in the ground on one cold night when we played Luton who were winning 2-0. Les Sealey the Luton keeper barking out his instructions. They could be heard all over the ground as it was so quiet. Suddenly a wag from the crowd if you could call it a crowd barked " With a voice like that you should be working in Woolworths". The whole ground erupted in laughter. I have heard the jokes and sent them back where they belong. You really are not the only one LB.  and neither am I.  I remember being in the ground watching us being run ragged playing Harrow Borough
You know that games like that are far worse than anything we see now. I even went to Portsmouth  and my reason was this was  going to either be our last game in the premier League or it was going to be the greatest escape ever for us. I bought my tickets the day they were released. I was offered £1000 for the two of them. But no How right I Was, because if that escape hadn't happened neither would the great night in Hamburg 12 months later. It is hard to decide what was the most important. But look down the leagues and count how many clubs have appeared in a european final
I'm Sorry to say that the players today are all mercenaries. They are not always  good enough to play for the top 4 or 5 clubs but they all want to. You just have to accept that if you are going to watch football in the top flight of English football
I can see why people are so angry but why should any of us be. Al fayed has enabled Fulham to become an established Premiership club. He sold Harrods and probably because he was feeling the pinch. This club still haemorrhages money. In spite of what people think we do not make money.  Dempsey and Dembele were sold and not replaced in order to fund the extension of the river side stand. It is a thin line we walk because if we are relegated we won't need it.
I supported this club when Ernie Clay sold us down the river to Bulstrode and Marler Estates. I did a dance of delight when we were sold to Cadberra who went skint and we were sold to Barclays Bank
I was one of the protesters on the pitch with my son on that day. I saw grown men crying at the thought of Fulham Park Rangers. I still remember the slogan Clay Rapes, Bulstrode Murders. But you know there was no trouble and only at Fulham would that happen. The crowd left the pitch to the applause of players from Fulham and Walsall
LB 11 commented recently that he remembers my previous posts as being optimistic. That is what I am because Fulham have had a lot of downs in my life but have always come back stronger than before. I don't see Saturdays game as a disaster at all. If we were in the bottom three would you not expect us to battle like Wigan did? The result was a draw although you would have expected us to have beaten them. That my friend is football
Later today we play Blackpool I won't be going but I expect  a win from that one which I hope will improve the doom and gloom on the board

Me-ate-Live, innit??