News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A simple way to stop the booing. Mr. Jol please note.

Started by win-dup, January 14, 2013, 08:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

And that is for every single Fulham player to give their all, every single match. Is it too much to ask for 100% from people earning probably more in a week than most Fulham fans earn in a year? Tackle, run back and help, run hard, throw yourself at the ball, give everything at all times. Berbatov sitting on the ground waving his hands in the air after he'd been floored but not given a foul instead of getting up and helping out just about sums up Saturday's gruesome performance. If only we had more like Damien Duff we wouldn't be facing a relegation battle.

MOR :

Not sure about the "Duff shout" but more players along the lines of Brian McBride would silence the boos...

Mr K.Dilkington

I concur with the "Duff shout", he works his socks off everytime I've watched him play. And plays at higher level of performance then you'd expect from a 33yr old winger.
Foolish ham

leonffc

Didn't Duff sit on the floor waving his arms about after being fouled in the run up to Wigans goal?
Just asking.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: leonffc on January 14, 2013, 08:24:58 PM
Didn't Duff sit on the floor waving his arms about after being fouled in the run up to Wigans goal?
Just asking.
Even if he did everyone gets frustrated from time to time when things aren't going according to plan. I'd be happy if we had a team of 11 players that gave their all every game like Duff has on the regular.
Foolish ham

leonffc

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 14, 2013, 08:29:19 PM
Just asking.
Even if he did everyone gets frustrated from time to time when things aren't going according to plan. I'd be happy if we had a team of 11 players that gave their all every game like Duff has on the regular.

Of course they do. I just found it amusing that Berbatov sitting on the floor waving his arms about in frustration was used as an example of bad attitude compared to Duff
Duffer's attitude is top drawer and his defending is as important as his attacking at times.

horse1031

Burt

Completely agree.

The second half against Swansea wasn't too long ago. Plenty of spirit then.

Forever Fulham

Agree.  Desire, heart, and resolve are awfully important ingredients to success.  Sometimes it gets down to who wants to get their toe on the ball first more than the other guy.  You can negate some, but not all, talent disparities, with effort.  Is there REALLY that much difference between, say, Wigan and FFC in player talent that we couldn't have won had we worked harder?  I saw some good things, but they were intermixed with energy drops. 

Humbled

Quote from: leonffc on January 14, 2013, 08:35:42 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 14, 2013, 08:29:19 PM
Just asking.

Of course they do. I just found it amusing that Berbatov sitting on the floor waving his arms about in frustration was used as an example of bad attitude compared to Duff
Duffer's attitude is top drawer and his defending is as important as his attacking at times.

Difference is Duff was already on the floor from the foul (which was a foul) Berba sat himself on the floor cos a TEAM mate passed the ball 2foot to his left and he shouldn't have to move to get the ball!!!!  :hook:

Jack Fulham

Just asking.

if he got up and got on with it, would of been likely covering Riether and prevented Di Santo from cutting in. I love Duff but he does go down easily and I thought he did for that challenge.

Mr_Moon

Duff has been good the last season or so but it doesn't make up for a career of being a diving so and so.

Must be costing us £30-40k a week on a player who is so one dimensional it's ridiculous.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 15, 2013, 02:37:50 AM
Duff has been good the last season or so but it doesn't make up for a career of being a diving so and so.

Must be costing us £30-40k a week on a player who is so one dimensional it's ridiculous.

I've just awarded Typographical Senderos a diploma for the worst assessment of talent and skills this century, and just seconds later, here comes another contender.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

Quote from: HatterDon on January 15, 2013, 02:41:00 AM

I've just awarded Typographical Senderos a diploma for the worst assessment of talent and skills this century, and just seconds later, here comes another contender.

Shouldn't post after a night out. I'd rather we played Desjagah more often, he certainly deserved to start against Wigan as it seems he's fitting in rather well.

epsomraver

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 15, 2013, 08:50:40 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 15, 2013, 02:41:00 AM

Shouldn't post after a night out. I'd rather we played Desjagah more often, he certainly deserved to start against Wigan as it seems he's fitting in rather well.

What games do you watch? Dejagah  is woeful! He needs three touches on the ball to control it, he is too slow for the premiership, to put him over Duff puts you into muppet status mate.Also he would appreciate you spelling his name properly instead of your unfounded praise, that is an insult to an Iranian

Mr_Moon

Quote from: epsomraver on January 15, 2013, 09:41:06 AM

What games do you watch? Dejagah  is woeful! He needs three touches on the ball to control it, he is too slow for the premiership, to put him over Duff puts you into muppet status mate.Also he would appreciate you spelling his name properly instead of your unfounded praise, that is an insult to an Iranian

Same games as you. Dejagah is getting better game by game, you must be blind if you can't recognise that. He didn't deserve to be dropped. If I'm in muppet status does that put you in negative dickhead status? Spelt his name wrong, boo loving hoo.

RaySmith

Dejagah can be brilliant - look at the assist at WBA, but he is erratic, and it must be hard coming into a stuggling team, when confidence is low, and everyone keeps making stupid errors - like passing the ball to the opposition.

Confidence and teamwork is the problem NOT lack of effort imo. I'm sure the team and Jol give their all in training and games - apart from professional pride, they have too much to lose if Fulham do badly, particularly if we get relegated - it's no good for Jol, or the players, reputation, confidence, career, etc.

So I don't think is to do with effort - you could go to a local pub on matchday and find 11 blokes who'd die for the shirt - maybe even pay for the privelege - and they'd get hammered every game.

cottage cheese

Quote from: RaySmith on January 15, 2013, 10:26:22 AM
Dejagah can be brilliant - look at the assist at WBA, but he is erratic, and it must be hard coming into a stuggling team, when confidence is low, and everyone keeps making stupid errors - like passing the ball to the opposition.

Confidence and teamwork is the problem NOT lack of effort imo. I'm sure the team and Jol give their all in training and games - apart from professional pride, they have too much to lose if Fulham do badly, particularly if we get relegated - it's no good for Jol, or the players, reputation, confidence, career, etc.

So I don't think is to do with effort - you could go to a local pub on matchday and find 11 blokes who'd die for the shirt - maybe even pay for the privelege - and they'd get hammered every game.

lack of effort is the problem. Need I remind you of the wigan game.

Berserker

I'm locking this as tidying, please see 'Jol new in out shake it all about' thread for reason.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.