watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am now starting to worry

Started by The Swan, January 14, 2013, 09:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Eight home games left, my predictions,             Eight away games left, my predictions
West Ham        one point                               Man City           nil points ( and a lot of goals against)
Man U              nil points                                Norwich            one point
Stoke               one point                               Sunderland        one point
Chelsea             nil points                               Spurs               nil points
QPR                  one point                              Newcastle         nil points
Arsenal              nil points                              Aston Villa         one point
Reading             three points                          Everton             nil points
Liverpool            nil points                              Swansea           nil points                           
                six points total                                                three points away
                                                                                    six points     home
                                                                                   nine points total for the rest of season plus the 25 points we have now means we will finish the season with 34 points.
I am not sure that 34 will be enought to save us.
The only chance we have of improving our points total is to buy a striker and midfielder.
The Swan

Burt

I got to 39 points, which although more is still worrying and potentially not enough...

BestOfBrede

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

All done before the announcement of our two marquee signings....

JackyFulham90

I predict 20 points so we shall finish on 45

jarv

I managed to find 39 points. Should be ok for 16th on that. Squeeky bum time, every game is a must win. Can someone tell Mr. Jol that.

TommyBarrs

DJinNJ

Quote from: The Swan on January 14, 2013, 09:30:49 PM
Eight home games left, my predictions,             Eight away games left, my predictions
West Ham        one point                               Man City           nil points ( and a lot of goals against)
Man U              nil points                                Norwich            one point
Stoke               one point                               Sunderland        one point
Chelsea             nil points                               Spurs               nil points
QPR                  one point                              Newcastle         nil points
Arsenal              nil points                              Aston Villa         one point
Reading             three points                          Everton             nil points
Liverpool            nil points                              Swansea           nil points                           
                six points total                                                three points away
                                                                                    six points     home
                                                                                   nine points total for the rest of season plus the 25 points we have now means we will finish the season with 34 points.
I am not sure that 34 will be enought to save us.
The only chance we have of improving our points total is to buy a striker and midfielder.

Such short memories. We beat West Brom in our last away game and now people write off games against Norwich, Sunderland, Villa, and Newcastle. I'm not saying we played a great game there, just saying that odds are we'll eke out a win or two away, without even getting into extra points to be found in the home games. Seems like some people can't remember anything but the last game (or in this case, the second half of the last game), assume we will be playing that way for every minute of the rest of the season, and adjust their expectations accordingly. Doesn't work that way, we'll have a few good days, we'll have a few lucky days, and we'll be fine.

tommy

I got 48 points from that lot which will give us a total of 73. That should be good enough for 4th place, which will make Sneijder, Modric and Douglas realise they made the right decision signing for us at 11.59 on January 31st.