more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So that's that then. We're skint!

Started by Admin, January 14, 2013, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 14, 2013, 11:40:40 PM
Shut up Admin you big tart ;-) , what do you want Jol to come out and say we've got 20 mil to spend, then every player we go for, the price goes up, I believe we will make one or 2 good signings, and on the other side of the coin I hope we keep Hangeland

If we are to move forward as a club we need a bigger ground and a new Riverside stand will help but the club knows we still have to be in the prem

Ps a little birdie told me you want to take your coaching badges hahaha?  Jol out admin in

After seeing the plonkers they hand them out to, I don't think I'm going have any problems getting them if I'm honest.

TommyBarrs

The thing is if Mo doesn't like a manager or hasnt got confidence in him he tends to f*%k them off straight away. I think Mo knows the situation. we will bring in a few players, and like a few of the lads that have said already it would be stupid to start saying we got loads of money to spend, thats if we have. and we need to build a new stand if we want to move forward. 30K is decent and im sure he will try to build it up even more.

TWFL

Dear lord here we go again. Jol is not going to come out and declare we are in desperate need of CMs and have over £10m to spend to fix it. It doesn't take much to realise that it would be one of the most financially stupid things to say.

Just think back to what Jol said about MaF. If the player is good enough MAF will get his cheque book out.

domprague

I think the tourists will come because they're more fussed about the comfort than the football - as long as we're in the Premiership.
I must confess that I have viewed our time in the Premiership as a dream and keep expecting to wake up to find that the Cottage is flats and a supermarket, we're tenants at Griffin Park and are playing Braintree this weekend.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

hongkongfulham

my only question is how were we funding the stand before we sold dembele and dempsey?

mangoputney

Top question

Top reasoning

I'm too angered to think sensibly
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

NorfolkJim

I think he has summed it up fairly straight this time. January isnt a good time to buy players and announcing that you have lots of money to spend would be utterly foolish. QPR will spend themselves into oblivion - they're just a little club so lets not make their mistakes alongside them. It's nearly always been hard for us to compete at this level - even more so since the monied clubs grew to about 10 from 5. Shrewd and careful is the way through January. I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of experienced end of carreer midfielders come in to prop up the midfield for the rest of the season and then a proper rebuild in the close season - I mean, it's not like we'll qualify for Europe this season. It all takes time and people dont get that anymore because the consequences of failure is that you end up like Portsmouth.

jarv

4 wins will do it, or 3 wins and a few draws. Surely, tthis current team can do that?? However, they do remind me a bit of "too good to go down" west ham and newcastle just lately.
Worried, but not in a panic (yet).

MOR :

I did hear or read that Fulham will be paying at least £10 million a year back to Big Mo...if true that's not bad considering the amount of money he has put in Fulham.

How true this is I'm not sure...

grandad

Capital expenditure such as the new stand is funded from a separate account rather from our general operating fund or the transfer fund. If you have ever seen the club accounts this is quite clear.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Shredhead

There's a recession on - I'm glad the club isn't being tartish attracting mediocre foreign players for fat fees (and for their leeching agents) to be paid more in a week than I am (a ST holder) in a year.

It would not be clever to say there's a lot of dosh.

Fulham's finances are like a labryinth - I saw a post a few years ago about all the offshore tax-dodging companies set up to run the club. Its highly unlikely that money is being saved on players to pay for the stand. Anyway, the 4 flats in it will sell for milions.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

SaltfordWhite

There has been a storm brewing about this 'money' on here since about November. 

Nobody from the club ever said that there was anything to spend, it was a massive amount of hyperbole and utter rubbish dreamt up here, right here on this board!