watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So that's that then. We're skint!

Started by Admin, January 14, 2013, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Martin Jol admits Fulham do not have "a lot of money to spend" in the January transfer window, despite the Cottagers boss being keen to strengthen his squad.
The west London outfit made seven signings in the summer, completing a £5m deal for Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov, while also snapping up Hugo Rodallega and Mladen Petric on free transfers.

More football news...
Benítez did a 'great job' preparing Chelsea for Stoke, says Luiz
The latest Premier League news
All of the latest football transfer gossip

Jol's men made a strong start to the season and were touted as possible candidates to qualify for the Europa League, but the Cottagers' recent dip in form has dropped them down to 13th in the Premier League table.

Fulham's next opponents in the English top flight are in vastly different situation, with Jol's men making the trip to cash-rich Manchester City on Saturday.

But Jol is pessimistic about his chances of bringing in any new recruits this month, with the Dutch manager casting an envious eye to his colleague Roberto Martínez at Wigan Athletic, who has already made three signings.

"We had a very good start to the season. We had a settled team before but I think we are a bit unsettled now," Jol said.

"We are the only team in the Premier League who have not found their feet in general.

"If you look at Wigan, they have a settled team. They bought two or three players in the first week of January and we haven't got that.

"We don't have a lot of money to spend."

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/01/fulham-transfers-martin-jol-no-money-to-spend/

Lighthouse

One has to ask why we haven't money to spend. We sold our two best players. If our new stand is to blame than we should make clear that we have tried this before. Built a stand and been relegated. So where has the money gone. Or is Big Al pulling out?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 14, 2013, 11:26:13 PM
One has to ask why we haven't money to spend. We sold our two best players. If our new stand is to blame than we should make clear that we have tried this before. Built a stand and been relegated. So where has the money gone. Or is Big Al pulling out?

I've also just heard that we're hoarding all the money for the new Riverside Development. I hope looks nice in the Championship  fp.gif

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Clubs the size of Fulham, even when subsidised by a rich sugar daddy, can't go to the market professing to be loaded, it just doesn't make sense...

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He will probably  pull some rabbit out of the hat and say '' What a clever chap I am ''
What is talking Wigan up for ?? they are relegation fodder !! the man is priceless
Perhaps Mo has see enough ??  

Admin

But I think this does sum up what most have feared. All the money from the sale of Dembele' and Dempsey minus Berbatov is going toward the Riverside development. It doesn't have its own investment and we literally have got only a few million to spend. 

SouthfieldWhite

Shut up Admin you big tart ;-) , what do you want Jol to come out and say we've got 20 mil to spend, then every player we go for, the price goes up, I believe we will make one or 2 good signings, and on the other side of the coin I hope we keep Hangeland

If we are to move forward as a club we need a bigger ground and a new Riverside stand will help but the club knows we still have to be in the prem

Ps a little birdie told me you want to take your coaching badges hahaha?  Jol out admin in

Berserker

Quote from: KCat on January 14, 2013, 11:34:38 PM
He will probably  pull some rabbit out of the hat and say '' What a clever chap I am ''
What is talking Wigan up for ?? they are relegation fodder !! the man is priceless
Perhaps Mo has see enough ??  

Maybe Mo has lost confidence in MJ and isn't happy giving him massive funds to spend. I don't know all rather depressing, hope somebody at the club can sort it all out
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Admin on January 14, 2013, 11:39:43 PM
All the money from the sale of Dembele' and Dempsey minus Berbatov is going toward the Riverside development.
Who's said that, one of your "sources"?

DON'T PANIC.

Besides, what do you want him to say? "YEAH I'VE GOT SHEDLOADS OF CASH AND I'M GOING ON A MASSIVE SHOPPING TOUR"? Yeah, have fun with that.

mr-ska

I hope we're not skint because that dirty great new stand we're going to be building will need paying for.   :wine:

Berserker

Can't we take people on loan like the Pog last year. That worked out ok for the season, shame about him going to Reading later though

- Martin Luther King Jr.

earlbeatty

A bit worrying if there is no money. Over the years the Chairman has seemed to find money for signings, let's hope he does now, as one or two decent arrivals could give the team and us supporters a lift!!

EB

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Always look on the bright side of life......

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 14, 2013, 11:26:13 PM

I have wondered how much the stand is responsible for the transfer policy. Being in the US, I am not sure how the financing for the stand and such has come to be. I don't think it is coming straight out of MAF pockets, right? So if a bank or other private enterprise is financing it, are there things like interest rates and levels of allowable outstanding obligations in play here???

Either way, something just does not make sense in this season's transfer decisions. FFC have sold at 2-3 times the rate it has spent. Plus the senior squad size continues to shrink and shrink with no real sign of bringing in permanent replacements for the departed. It is not the behavior of a club who has any other goal than to save money if you ask me.

Lighthouse

The gamble of not spending money on players is that at best we stagnate.

Our dull football and lack of results will soon make fans and supporters begin to drift away. Yes there is a hardy band who will always spend the money and go to Fulham. But overseas fans and fans who have to watch the money in these times will have less reason to go.

A new stand, however financed will not draw a crowd if there is nothing worth watching.

Berserker

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 12:00:14 AM

Our dull football and lack of results will soon make fans and supporters begin to drift away. Yes there is a hardy band who will always spend the money and go to Fulham. But overseas fans and fans who have to watch the money in these times will have less reason to go.

A new stand, however financed will not draw a crowd if there is nothing worth watching.

How many millions have QPR spent on their team...

Apprentice to the Maestro

This is recycled news from a few days ago. Most sane people at that time took it to be Jol and the club downplaying the amount of money available to avoid the sellers hyping up the price of our targets. In particular, Dnipro were supposedly asking silly money for Derek Boateng.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 15, 2013, 12:05:58 AM

You are suggesting that we either sign loads of players and spend millions or do what we are doing and not bring in players below the age of 74. QPR started with a lower base than we did. We don't need to replace a team all at once. A new manager and a forward and one or two central midfielders may be a good start.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 12:09:37 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 15, 2013, 12:05:58 AM

You are suggesting that we either sign loads of players and spend millions or do what we are doing and not bring in players below the age of 74. QPR started with a lower base than we did. We don't need to replace a team all at once. A new manager and a forward and one or two central midfielders may be a good start.

No I am not...