watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol confirms little money available for transfers -

Started by Bradstow, January 15, 2013, 03:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

Looks like Jol will be off at end of season, Hangeland and Duff as well probably. All thanks to Fayed's unwillingness to reinvest. I fear that Fayed will continue to fail the club and seek to redeem his loan.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

west kowloon white

Source?Seems bids,albeit unsuccessful to date,are being made. Fayed" failing" the club-you are obviously very young or very s...

hongkongfulham

i have to say fayed failing the club is statement of the year, and its only january...

Roberty

When it comes to the transfers I can think of two things that would be stupid for any club to do:-
1. Tell everyone how much money you have to spend
2. Tell everyone which players you are really interested in

Now - have our club been stupid - No

Given what you know about the owner - why on earth do you think they would be so stupid?
MAF has always kept his hand close to his chest but has always been able to pull a rabbit out of the hat when it matters.
For those who think otherwise - how much will his investment in our club be worth if we end up in the championship?

The transfer window is like a game of poker - the winners and losers will be known when all the hands have been played and at the moment the game is not nearly over.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

JBH

Quote from: Bradstow on January 15, 2013, 03:17:00 AM
Looks like Jol will be off at end of season, Hangeland and Duff as well probably. All thanks to Fayed's unwillingness to reinvest. I fear that Fayed will continue to fail the club and seek to redeem his loan.

Sorry I know I am not suppose to say this on here in fear of upsetting someone but your comment about Al Fayed continuing to fail the club makes you look like a.....................

leonffc

Quote from: JBH on January 15, 2013, 06:06:22 AM
Quote from: Bradstow on January 15, 2013, 03:17:00 AM

Sorry I know I am not suppose to say this on here in fear of upsetting someone but your comment about Al Fayed continuing to fail the club makes you look like a.....................

:plus one:

They are building a new stand PLUS the club is now repaying Fayed his generous low interest loan back at £10m per year. Its called economics!!

WayneKerrins

Quote from: Roberty on January 15, 2013, 04:40:02 AM
When it comes to the transfers I can think of two things that would be stupid for any club to do:-
1. Tell everyone how much money you have to spend
2. Tell everyone which players you are really interested in

Now - have our club been stupid - No

Given what you know about the owner - why on earth do you think they would be so stupid?
MAF has always kept his hand close to his chest but has always been able to pull a rabbit out of the hat when it matters.
For those who think otherwise - how much will his investment in our club be worth if we end up in the championship?

The transfer window is like a game of poker - the winners and losers will be known when all the hands have been played and at the moment the game is not nearly over.

Why would we sell Kelly to cause ourself another problem we don't need and put ourselves on the back foot when negotiating with Barnsley?

Indeed why sell Kelly, Etuhu, Gecov and fail to retain Murphy ( who was worth 2 years if you could see past the nepotism of your brother Cock as coach) early.

If we are playing poker I think we are tipping our hand before the flop and when it comes down to the river will we fold like the last window?

God The Mechanic

Murphy was not worth two more years. He was barely worth last year at times.

Lighthouse

The money will go on the new stand. We have made this mistake in the past and suffered for it. By not investing today in the team and hoping the youth players come good and stay is a gamble too far. Sad to see a club like ours work so hard to be an established Prem side yet now fail to muster a shot at goal in some halfs of football.

Fulham have invested in polyfilla but the wall continues to fall down. But the stand will look very pretty no doubt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Boggers

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 08:36:53 AM
The money will go on the new stand. We have made this mistake in the past and suffered for it. By not investing today in the team and hoping the youth players come good and stay is a gamble too far. Sad to see a club like ours work so hard to be an established Prem side yet now fail to muster a shot at goal in some halfs of football.

Fulham have invested in polyfilla but the wall continues to fall down. But the stand will look very pretty no doubt.

That's a fairly defeatist attitude - so you think we're relegated already then?

Something is clearly wrong, but there is time to change it, and I will back the club to do so.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Lighthouse

Quote from: Boggers on January 15, 2013, 09:16:43 AM

Something is clearly wrong, but there is time to change it, and I will back the club to do so.

IF we don't invest AND IF we continue along this path then I feel defeated. I HOPE we turn the corner and manage to change the dreary tactics we are watching at the moment. But I cannot back the club IF we don't spend etc etc. Will I carry on supporting them? Yes without a doubt. But I don't have to like what I am seeing. I feel it looks a relegated side.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 09:38:40 AM

IF we don't invest AND IF we continue along this path then I feel defeated. I HOPE we turn the corner and manage to change the dreary tactics we are watching at the moment. But I cannot back the club IF we don't spend etc etc. Will I carry on supporting them? Yes without a doubt. But I don't have to like what I am seeing. I feel it looks a relegated side.

Marvin: I've been talking to the main computer.
Arthur: And?
Marvin: It hates me.

sunburywhite

2012 A Football Odyssey

"I am sorry Jol I can't let you do that"
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Lighthouse

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 15, 2013, 11:46:08 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 09:38:40 AM

Marvin: I've been talking to the main computer.
Arthur: And?
Marvin: It hates me.

:005:

Paranoid me? Why are you all out to get.... oh yes you have a point.

NorfolkJim

Sometimes you have to face reality - we can't compete with the big clubs and their big finances. As for MAF, all I've ever seen him do is pour a lot of his money into the club. Once he had us at Loftus Road he could easily have cashed in on the ground but didn't. Our "big" money signings have not really been worth the money - we've done better by signing surprises (and then having them cherry picked) but I think that will have to be our business model until we have a UK wide army of tourist fans willing to shell out £67 a game like up at the Emirates or have a once in a lifetime pilgrimage to Old Trafford.
Clubs with small but genuine supporter bases like us can only compete by being reserved with the cash and owing a huge fortune to one wealthy benefactor.
I'd rather MAF that belong to the chicken kings. Long may he live.

Apprentice to the Maestro

This is at least the third thread on a supposed lack of transfer funds started by well-known miserablists. This speculation has been well answered by Roberty and others: why would the club indicate how much money they were prepared to spend or advertise who they were interested in which would alert rivals for a player and increase the fee? They haven't done so in the past so why would they now?

On a site obsessed with merging threads why do we have multiple threads on this subject? 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: NorfolkJim on January 15, 2013, 12:17:20 PM
Sometimes you have to face reality - we can't compete with the big clubs and their big finances. As for MAF, all I've ever seen him do is pour a lot of his money into the club. Once he had us at Loftus Road he could easily have cashed in on the ground but didn't. Our "big" money signings have not really been worth the money - we've done better by signing surprises (and then having them cherry picked) but I think that will have to be our business model until we have a UK wide army of tourist fans willing to shell out £67 a game like up at the Emirates or have a once in a lifetime pilgrimage to Old Trafford.
Clubs with small but genuine supporter bases like us can only compete by being reserved with the cash and owing a huge fortune to one wealthy benefactor.
I'd rather MAF that belong to the chicken kings. Long may he live.

Ruiz has 6 assists and 3 goals in 11 starts and 3 sub appearances. Could've had many more if people hadn't missed their chance. Well on his way to becoming a Fulham legend. If we can keep him injury free he will prove to be worth it, even value for money.

sunburywhite

Or is it "Little money available for Jol" as opposed to money available for the right man
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me