watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FA CUP

Started by west kowloon white, January 15, 2013, 03:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

west kowloon white

Aren't we playing tonight?Almost bizarre the lack of interest on here.Suppose Jol out takes priority.

JIMMY D

Don't care! I just want to stay up in the Premier League!

ChesterTheTabby

Yes we are, and we are going to win 2-0. Goals from Duff and Petric.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Holders

It takes second place to the league at the moment. What's the point of risking injuries to our best players just to go to Man U in the next round?

Besides, even if we rest some players we should still be capable of giving them a good game.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

God The Mechanic

Maybe a win will improve the obviously fragile confidence leading to better league performances?

MJG

More important issues to be discussed. Yes it would be nice to win tonight, but we all know the next round is 90% a defeat.

God The Mechanic

So you'd prefer to lose a winnable game instead of winning it then losing a game that is unlikely to end well?

Lighthouse

Chance for players to shine. But really what stops me looking forward to it is not that we play Man Utd next round if we win. But simply I can see us not taking a shot. Or wimping out again. I am bored of watching this Fulham side. Horrible thing to admit. But we are dull.

Still a chance to raise our game and to prove we are not just fading away.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cottage cheese

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 08:48:29 AM
Chance for players to shine. But really what stops me looking forward to it is not that we play Man Utd next round if we win. But simply I can see us not taking a shot. Or wimping out again. I am bored of watching this Fulham side. Horrible thing to admit. But we are dull.

Still a chance to raise our game and to prove we are not just fading away.

agree with 100%. I was so bored towards the end of the game on sat and it was the first time in a while that everyone around me just sat in silent moaning every time the ball was passed back to Mark.

In regards to this game in FA cup, I think we should play the kids. I dont see what we have to lose? Gives them some playing, we will be able to see whos ready and whos not? Cant be any worse than the first team going by recent performances. They might actually be hungry enough to perform as I cant say the same about some of the first team. I say keep Mark, reither and hughes in the team for a spine and some experience and just fill in youngsters with maybe Rodders playing up front?

David Allen Crankshaw

We need to play a strong side in a very winnable game. Should we fail to get through we have a match at Man City on Saturday where we can expect to get nothing followed by a two week break. I would much prefer an extremely difficult match at Old Trafford to watch than sat at home gazing at the telly on a non-Fulham weekend. The trip to Old Trafford will net the club a substantial amount of money. It will be freezing at Blackpool tonight but I'm going and expecting a win.

ffcbulgaria

So figures of 1 milliion pounds have been mentioned if we happen to proceed to 4th round game vs Man Utd. Imagine we did the unthinkable for most people on here and earned a replay generating even more money...

Walsh

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on January 15, 2013, 02:49:36 PM
So figures of 1 milliion pounds have been mentioned if we happen to proceed to 4th round game vs Man Utd. Imagine we did the unthinkable for most people on here and earned a replay generating even more money...

it's not against Man Utd... it's against West Ham. ;)

rusty shackleford

If we do win tonight it will feel strange cheering on WHU tomorrow

DJinNJ

Still not convinced Man United would be the tougher opponent. The FA Cup is third on their list right now, while West Ham probably aren't looking at a relegation battle and would prioritize a cup run. Especially if the get past Man Utd they won't want to waste it by going out at home to Fulham in the next round. Last year United went out at home against Crystal Palace, and in general they seem more beatable in the domestic cups.

LBNo11

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 15, 2013, 03:59:44 AM
Aren't we playing tonight?Almost bizarre the lack of interest on here.Suppose Jol out takes priority.

...it may have something to do with some fans who are worried about the future of the club due to how they perceive the current climate/situation rather than a cup competition which should we win the prospects to proceed look unlikely.

If we did actually get past Blackpool and then beat the cheats or man ure we cannot afford to suffer injuries with a small squad when we should be concentrating on the premier league and extending the gap between the lower teams to ensure all worries are sufficiently allayed...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

rusty shackleford

Its a combination of our worrying league form/position and the fact that if we do win we have 2 extremely unappealing potential fixtures

LBNo11

...and it may be because we are told by the manager not to expect any improvement soon (which will be unlikely help boost ticket sales)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 15, 2013, 07:40:07 AM
Maybe a win will improve the obviously fragile confidence leading to better league performances?

Seconded. Well, this is at least what I hope will happen!