watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relax

Started by NorJof, January 15, 2013, 05:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorJof

Honestly, I don't get all this "Jol out" and relegation talk. We're 3 points from eleventh. We have 7 teams underneath us on the table, teams that are in far worse shape than us. Why should we end up under the likes of Reading, QPR and Aston Villa? Let's just take one game at the time. Jol is a great manager. Would you rather have Curbishly?! Or what about Steve Kean?!

We've been truly unlucky this season. Could have easily beaten Southampton (twice), Reading, Wigan, Chelsea and Swansea. And on the transfer window, let's not get desperate like QPR. Remy and M'Vila? Sure, decent players both having had a poor season in ligue 1. But what are the odds of them finding their feet in the Premier League this season, after not impressing in better teams in a worse league. Jol will get the players we need. Relax.

The future is black,
the future is white.
Jol is our man,
and QPR are still .....

:wine:

theotherdembele

Some people just love to be negative!

mickybrown100

We are playing poo, does no one get that.

epsomraver

Quote " Could have easily beaten Southampton (twice), Reading, Wigan, Chelsea and Swansea. , so why didn't we then? easily beat Wigan last saturday? we were so lucky to get a point out of that game!!! threw away leads at Reading and Southampton, all supposedly " lower teams than us  What football do you watch?

NorJof

Quote from: epsomraver on January 15, 2013, 05:54:12 PM
Quote " Could have easily beaten Southampton (twice), Reading, Wigan, Chelsea and Swansea. , so why didn't we then? easily beat Wigan last saturday? we were so lucky to get a point out of that game!!! threw away leads at Reading and Southampton, all supposedly " lower teams than us  What football do you watch?

What I meant was we were not far from getting more points against these teams. I'm not saying we should have won all of these games, I'm just saying we could easily have had more points than we have today. Against Wigan, Ruiz shot was cleared of the line, I realize we weren't playing to well in this game but we almost (undeservedly maybe) grabbed three points. Against Swansea, I believe we deserved a draw. Southampton, silly penalty. I also know we should be playing better and not have silly penalties and goal line clearances decide the outcome against supposedly lower teams. Sorry for being optimistic.

CH FFC

I agree, however, I also see the other side of the coin.  The team is playing very poorly, and there is a lack of passion, heart, and effort.  This is more worrying than our current form.  I do believe that we will be very safe from relegation at the end of the season.  All I want is to see more effort, to get a sense of passion, and see more energy from the team.  I am not quite to the point of blaming Jol, but this is something that has to be addressed.

epsomraver

We all are entitled to our opinions, the truth is that if Wigan players had shot better and not missed sitters we would have been hammered, It was only Mark S that kept us in that game.

epsomraver

Quote from: CH FFC on January 15, 2013, 06:36:56 PM
I agree, however, I also see the other side of the coin.  The team is playing very poorly, and there is a lack of passion, heart, and effort.  This is more worrying than our current form.  I do believe that we will be very safe from relegation at the end of the season.  All I want is to see more effort, to get a sense of passion, and see more energy from the team.  I am not quite to the point of blaming Jol, but this is something that has to be addressed.

Who else do you blame then, he is the MANAGER

Noun
A person responsible for controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization:

A Humble Man

We should have beaten Arsenal and drwn wit
Quote from: epsomraver on January 15, 2013, 05:54:12 PM

We should have beaten Arsenal and drawn with Man U.  It is just since the loss at QPR we have had a series of retched performances.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

JackyFulham90

I still think we will finish 10th or 11th with a couple of clever signings which will be a good season

CH FFC

Quote from: epsomraver on January 15, 2013, 06:41:54 PM
Quote from: CH FFC on January 15, 2013, 06:36:56 PM
I agree, however, I also see the other side of the coin.  The team is playing very poorly, and there is a lack of passion, heart, and effort.  This is more worrying than our current form.  I do believe that we will be very safe from relegation at the end of the season.  All I want is to see more effort, to get a sense of passion, and see more energy from the team.  I am not quite to the point of blaming Jol, but this is something that has to be addressed.

Who else do you blame then, he is the MANAGER

Noun
A person responsible for controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization:

I understand that he is the manager, and he should take responsibility for how the team have come out.  What you have to also consider is that some managers are limited in their control of management.  Not to mention that the players really should be able to put in more effort than they have.  Are they not professional athletes? Do they not get paid loads of money?  There should most definitely be some blame placed on the effort and passion that the lads put in on the pitch.  

Again, I have said in the past that I liked Jol, and I would like to see some stability in the managers position here.  I would really like to see the players put in more effort, and feel the passion.  I am not giving up on Jol because of the past few months, he has done a good job until then.  He has made some good signings without spending a lot of money, and he has had the team produce results that most wouldn't have expected.  

Bobby2012

Quote from: theotherdembele on January 15, 2013, 05:48:45 PM
Some people just love to be negative!

Jol is not the problem, the negative people are the problem!
There is no reason for panic. In 2013 we have get 4 points in 2 games.

Yes, the last game we have playing sh1t and nobody denies that. This is what Jol say about that: "We have a few problems this year because of players leaving and also injuries so we had to make a few changes in this match. Hopefully the fans will understand but if they don't understand that's ok. They've paid to watch so they have the right to have an opinion."

When all our players are back from injuries (Ruiz, Sidwell, Diarra, Riise, Petric) we have a stronger team and play better. I know that for sure!