https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hangeland in talks with Sunderland

Started by fulhamfan, January 15, 2013, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

Quote from: SirPercival on January 15, 2013, 08:27:21 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 15, 2013, 07:51:29 PM
hardly anything apart from a few WUMs on twitter, don't believe anything about Fulham on twitter unless Fulham post it themselves. Should probably do the same thing with newspapers and don't panic about it until it's been confirmed.

Quite! We tend to conduct our business behind closed doors, if anything, I take rumours as a sign that things WON'T happen...

Agree completely. Butland and Forren for example have only been linked with us because they've literally been linked with everyone. 90% of players we get linked to will just be agents trying to flog their players and naming random premier league clubs in papers.

Also FFC to the MAX read the thread and think before you post.

domprague

Sunderland? But they are worse than us. If he does go, how about playing Berbatov at centre half? He seems to be playing deeper every week anyway.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

ChesterTheTabby

Why in the bloody hell would he leave for Sunderland of all teams? I always thought better of Hangleland than a money man..
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

alfie

Quote from: maoconnor on January 15, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
Why in the bloody hell would he leave for Sunderland of all teams? I always thought better of Hangleland than a money man..

AGENTS
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 15, 2013, 08:34:12 PM
hardly anything apart from a few WUMs on twitter, don't believe anything about Fulham on twitter unless Fulham post it themselves. Should probably do the same thing with newspapers and don't panic about it until it's been confirmed.

Quite! We tend to conduct our business behind closed doors, if anything, I take rumours as a sign that things WON'T happen...

Agree completely. Butland and Forren for example have only been linked with us because they've literally been linked with everyone. 90% of players we get linked to will just be agents trying to flog their players and naming random premier league clubs in papers.

Jesus calm down! you've got your panties in a twist! I did read the thread, I know the speculation is just coming from Twitter and not something credible like SkySports. But I could easily see this rumour coming to fruition thus meaning we've lost another one of our best players without an adequate replacement brought in prior to his possible departure. This shouldn't even have to be a thread anyway, we should have done whatever it takes to tie him down to a contract considering how poor our defending has been this season. I know he hasn't covered himself in glory this season but he's already proved what a quality defender he is,I personally believe that it is this contract dispute that has unsettled him this season and brought his overall performance down.
Foolish ham

Whitewash

I can explain this one. There have been lots of comments on Twitter mentioning Hangeland and Sunderland in the same breath as people are comparing Kompany's red card challenge with that of Hangeland vs Sunderland earlier in the season. A couple of idiots have skim-read these comments and tweeted themselves about a potential transfer. That is literally all that is in this one.

Ruiz11

A few years ago this would have been as gutting as seeing Dembele and Dempsey leave, yet Hangeland has been poor this season. His passing is laughable and our more attacking approach under Jol exposes his lack of pace when opposition teams catch us on the break.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on January 15, 2013, 08:02:06 PM
I wonder if the whole Hangeland, our captain, not re-signing a contract and wanting to leave is playing a big part in the current dip in form. If your captain's heart ain't in it (and he isn't the same kind of inspirational figure that Murphy was). I know there are other factors, but I think the sooner Hangeland's future is sorted the better

No doubt about it. It's having a huge affect on our team spirit.

Nth Degree

Just like the 37 fans quote spreading like wildfire I would take this in the same way, find the initial source of the rumour and you'll find its probably and 12 year old QPR fan trying to act knowledgeable and in the know
Twitter: @OSmithFFC

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Whitewash on January 15, 2013, 09:06:44 PM
I can explain this one. There have been lots of comments on Twitter mentioning Hangeland and Sunderland in the same breath as people are comparing Kompany's red card challenge with that of Hangeland vs Sunderland earlier in the season. A couple of idiots have skim-read these comments and tweeted themselves about a potential transfer. That is literally all that is in this one.

thats a good shout actually, may well be the case.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 15, 2013, 09:01:55 PM

Jesus calm down! you've got your panties in a twist! I did read the thread, I know the speculation is just coming from Twitter and not something credible like SkySports. But I could easily see this rumour coming to fruition thus meaning we've lost another one of our best players without an adequate replacement brought in prior to his possible departure. This shouldn't even have to be a thread anyway, we should have done whatever it takes to tie him down to a contract considering how poor our defending has been this season. I know he hasn't covered himself in glory this season but he's already proved what a quality defender he is,I personally believe that it is this contract dispute that has unsettled him this season and brought his overall performance down.

read your post though it's a massive overreaction based on assumptions and rumours probably made up on twitter. Of course we have to sort out Hangelands contract but I doubt Sunderland are in a position to give him a much better offer than we did.

In the Enclosure

Snibbo

Quote from: In the Enclosure on January 15, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
He won't want to leave London
Except to return to Norway, which I suspect is what he's seriously considering.

tomcolemanfry

He won't leave in January. Summer maybe, but not now. There's also a rumour going around that JAR has been told to look for a new club. Read into that what you will!

Shredhead

Brede wants to return to Norway to finish his career in his homeland. The climate and local dialect in Sunderland is a halfway house. :005:
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Fulham1959

There's a rumour going round that he scored the winner for us tonight  :005:

Lighthouse

If there was a rumour all over twitter about somebody in talks with Fulham we would know it was rubbish as it always is.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Quote from: Snibbo on January 15, 2013, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: In the Enclosure on January 15, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
He won't want to leave London
Except to return to Norway, which I suspect is what he's seriously considering.

He has always expressed that no matter what happens, he wants to wind his career down back in Norway.

In the Enclosure

Not going to go into too much detail on how I know this but
from what I hear his family love it in England and moving
back to Norway would not be on his mind at the moment . Like any youngish man why
would you give up a bloody good annual salary which helps to
pay school fees a property investment etc ? Think he wants a longer contract than Fulham will give him so
he has my admiration for the way he is playing at the moment. He is trying hard !

The reported falling out with Riise is a real shame and a worry and could account for
the reason that the other Norwegian has not joined us.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 15, 2013, 09:38:36 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 15, 2013, 09:01:55 PM

read your post though it's a massive overreaction based on assumptions and rumours probably made up on twitter. Of course we have to sort out Hangelands contract but I doubt Sunderland are in a position to give him a much better offer than we did.

I suspect the difference wouldn't be money but the length of the contract. Martin O'Neill does love signing old players. If we were to give him a year and they give him two it would be understandable that he would consider moving there. That's why we lost Murphy to Blackburn.