watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What team is he watching

Started by The Swan, January 17, 2013, 08:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Ok i'm going to say calm down all as expected. I'm also going to say i've been to quite alot of matches this season, home and away, and to be honest it's been quite depressing lately at the cottage, i just keep thinking  all i want to see if a good win at home like at the beginning of the season.Unfortunately i couldn't make the Newcastle match so this is partially my fault but the last match i really enjoyed was at Arsenal. I think our home form has deteriorated but our away form seems to have improved.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

I did have a problem with Jol's interview. Its all well and good him talking about not getting the ball in the box early and we need to be more urgent, but I'm not seeing that on the pitch until we are chasing a game. He using pretty much the same 17/18 players so they should know whats required by him now. Enough talking Jol lets see some action on the pitch.
The other part was transfers. I really do think there is a chance that if he had Diarra/Sidwell/Baird/Karagounis fit he might consider that enough and not get anyone in by the end of Jan. Let alone the 2 CM's we really need.

Typical Jol interview, honest in how he sees it, but I do wonder if he should go to Specsavers sometimes.

Rupert

Just to address the initial post on this topic, I wonder how this board would have reacted if Jol had said, "We are really struggling and, without significantly better players joining us, we will struggle to stay up."

You might agree with him, on the other hand we do not know exactly what plan he and Chairman Mo are working towards, and of course it would not have gone down well in the dressing-room, would it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

BestOfBrede

We're not Real Madrid,
We're not Barcelona,
We are Fulham FC
Al Fayed is our owner !

Jem

What exactly do you want Jol to say? Do you expect him to say the team are rubbish? That will work.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

epsomraver

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 18, 2013, 02:01:46 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 18, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 17, 2013, 10:13:48 PM
I am with BestOfBrede, jarv and the other sane posters. I also think the videos show that Jol understands the problems and is realistic about the situation and possible transfers.

How unlike posters like The Swan. Maybe next season he would like to take up a season ticket with QPR, an ambitious club so I hear,

Who the hell are you to say that The Swan is not a loyal supporter? That's a low-life bottom-feeding remark.

I expect a rebuke is on its way -- to me, of course.

Where did I say he was not a loyal supporter?

Apparently I am being too sharp in my responses already so I do not need others making up things that I have not said.

He said that he has been " . . .watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich)".

I made the suggestion that he might like to try watching another team if watching Fulham made him that unhappy.

To suggest a fan goes to support another team because he is unhappy about how we have played is insulting , I agree with Mr Swan we have been poor this season on the whole and team spirit is sadly lacking, All fans ask for is for players to give their all on the pitch and if we lose we are beaten by a better team. That is not what we have been seeing, especially at QPR .

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: epsomraver on January 18, 2013, 09:43:20 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 18, 2013, 02:01:46 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 18, 2013, 01:52:53 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 17, 2013, 10:13:48 PM
I am with BestOfBrede, jarv and the other sane posters. I also think the videos show that Jol understands the problems and is realistic about the situation and possible transfers.

How unlike posters like The Swan. Maybe next season he would like to take up a season ticket with QPR, an ambitious club so I hear,

Who the hell are you to say that The Swan is not a loyal supporter? That's a low-life bottom-feeding remark.

I expect a rebuke is on its way -- to me, of course.

Where did I say he was not a loyal supporter?

Apparently I am being too sharp in my responses already so I do not need others making up things that I have not said.

He said that he has been " . . .watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich)".

I made the suggestion that he might like to try watching another team if watching Fulham made him that unhappy.

To suggest a fan goes to support another team because he is unhappy about how we have played is insulting , I agree with Mr Swan we have been poor this season on the whole and team spirit is sadly lacking, All fans ask for is for players to give their all on the pitch and if we lose we are beaten by a better team. That is not what we have been seeing, especially at QPR .

That is hypersensitive. I think most people would consider it a very mild jibe in the face of intemperate statements about "rubbish football" except for the Norwich game. Can you not think of one or two other games this season when we have played better than rubbish football?

The Swan

A message for Apprentice to the Maestro.
I have supported Fulham since 1961 and I am a season ticket holder in the Hammersmith Stand. I would never go and support another club especially QPR. I love Fulham and only want the best for the team. I want us to play good attacking football but I have not seen it much this season. According to some other replys to my original post a number of supporters are unhappy with our play.
Thanks to the posters who backed me.
The Swan

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Swan on January 18, 2013, 08:40:12 PM
A message for Apprentice to the Maestro.
I have supported Fulham since 1961 and I am a season ticket holder in the Hammersmith Stand. I would never go and support another club especially QPR. I love Fulham and only want the best for the team. I want us to play good attacking football but I have not seen it much this season. According to some other replys to my original post a number of supporters are unhappy with our play.
Thanks to the posters who backed me.

I imagine that we all want the best for Fulham.

You now say "I want us to play good attacking football but I have not seen it much this season" which is more reasonable even if still grudging which is quite a tempering from what you originally said " . . . the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich)" which was not.

Let's move on.

Berserker

I'm going to lock this thread now
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.