more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What team is he watching

Started by The Swan, January 17, 2013, 08:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Quote from Jol,
I would like to have one or two players in the next two weeks but if not I feel we are good enough to get the points. End of quote.
I am not sure what team he is watching but as a season ticket holder and watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich) I just can't see us getting any better. Jol has complained about having players out injured , but he is talking players who have not played much in the first team this season.
The transfer window is nearly passed and we have not signed an out and out striker or a midfielder ( I know we have Boatang to come in when the ACN has finished.) By that time we could be in the bottom three.
How can QPR get a class striker for £8m.
The Swan

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

DevonFFC

All it takes is a rainbow, pot of gold, some one who looks like his face is melted plastic and twitches and a few "golden" handshakes

jmh

Quote from: The Swan on January 17, 2013, 08:35:27 PM
The transfer window is nearly passed...
Isn't it really only about halfway through?

leonffc

Quote from: ollienixs on January 17, 2013, 08:41:17 PM
All it takes is a rainbow, pot of gold, some one who looks like his face is melted plastic and twitches and a few "golden" handshakes

LOL

Bassey the warrior

Quote from Jol,
I would like to have one or two players in the next two weeks but if not I feel we are good enough to get the points. End of quote.
I am not sure what team he is watching but as a season ticket holder and watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich) I just can't see us getting any better. Jol has complained about having players out injured , but he is talking players who have not played much in the first team this season.
The transfer window is nearly passed and we have not signed an out and out striker or a midfielder ( I know we have Boatang to come in when the ACN has finished.) By that time we could be in the bottom three.

And give him a 4 and a half year deal on £90,000 a week. That's out of our reach, and pretty stupid.
I don't understand how the numbers add up. They must be bringing in less money than us and yet they're spending much more. Someone needs to tell Mr Fernandes there's some new regulations (probably) coming in in the next year or so.

JustOverTheRiver

If we were a club that threw money at other sides targets in order to pretend to be a big club then we wouldn't be the wonderful club that we currently are.

ZhenP.Senderos

Papers have said he is likely to have negotiated a release clause upon qpr getting relegated. So merely a stepping stone.

bill taylors apprentice

I really, really want us to sign 2 quality central midfielders for now, not big name "stars" and not necessarily someone who will turn out as good as dembele. A solid improvement that helps the balance of the team and helps get the best out of the quality players we do have.
Surely an established PL club in London can come up with a couple of players from somewhere around the world that fit the clubs transfer/contract policy?
Or are the club really looking hard enough?

Aldo

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on January 17, 2013, 08:53:02 PM
If we were a club that threw money at other sides targets in order to pretend to be a big club then we wouldn't be the wonderful club that we currently are.

...and we'd have probably gone bust years ago!

BestOfBrede

Quote from Jol,
Ffs can we give the Jol slagging a rest or at least have just the one thread added too? It's getting kin boring now!
To the mods - can't you do as per the 'rumours' thread and have:
Moan about Jol thread
Moan about particular player thread
Moan about how good the ha ha's spending is compared to ours thread
Moan about anything that Fulham do thread
And perhaps a thread about the best way to top yourself thread?
Maybe then we can get back to reading threads from Fulham supporters!
And before I get the standard "don't read it", "scroll on by" replies - its not that easy when a good thread about the Whites is hijacked by another kin moan!  fp.gif
:dead horse:

BestOfBrede

I thought the Jol interview was excellent by the way! I thought he said it how it is, which is what we used to like about Hodgson ie tell us the good and bad. I thought Jol came across as knowing the issues and gave the impression that, with restrictions set, is attempting to resolve them. He has stated that we need EVERYONE on board incl fans to see us through. It worries me no end that some are going against players, manager, board and it will not help! If Jol goes we will all be sorry IMO

jarv

To be fair, the team was playing very well up to and including the Sunderland game. Even with 10 players, Fulham was far bettr (despite the score). Since then it has all gone pear shaped.  Fulham, simply, cannot defend this season. Some of the goals conceded make schoolboy defending look pretty good.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I am with BestOfBrede, jarv and the other sane posters. I also think the videos show that Jol understands the problems and is realistic about the situation and possible transfers.

How unlike posters like The Swan. Maybe next season he would like to take up a season ticket with QPR, an ambitious club so I hear,

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 17, 2013, 10:13:48 PM
I am with BestOfBrede, jarv and the other sane posters. I also think the videos show that Jol understands the problems and is realistic about the situation and possible transfers.

How unlike posters like The Swan. Maybe next season he would like to take up a season ticket with QPR, an ambitious club so I hear,

Harsh

Fulham / all football supporters, enjoy a good moan and unless you can identify anywhere else, this is the best place to do it...

You don't stop being a supporter because you moan about your club otherwise EVERY club would play infront of a half filled stadium.

It is just a fact of life for all clubs that the number of posts that are moans is directly proportionate to the clubs results.

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 17, 2013, 10:23:28 PM

Harsh

Fulham / all football supporters, enjoy a good moan and unless you can identify anywhere else, this is the best place to do it...

You don't stop being a supporter because you moan about your club otherwise EVERY club would play infront of a half filled stadium.

It is just a fact of life for all clubs that the number of posts that are moans is directly proportionate to the clubs results.

I can understand moaning about players under-performing or making stupid mistakes, about our weakness in central midfield, our inbility to score and all the other irritations and frustrations we fans feel but do we need yet another thread with wild statements like " . . .watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich)"?

It's about balance. Where are the threads about the two wonderful goals Karagounis has scored or the spirit the teams does show, unfortunately often rather late in the game? I am (slightly) worried but I have enjoyed quite a lot this season, particularly the play of Ruiz, Berbatov and Karagounis.

WayneKerrins

If you are big on sanity youre short on humility. Pompous post.

Quote from: WayneKerrins on January 18, 2013, 12:51:49 AM

If you are big on sanity youre short on humility. Pompous post.

It is not a matter of being inhumane or pompous but arguing that discussions be based on reasonable and rational assessments.

Why is it acceptable to make a statement like " . . .watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season" which I, and I suspect others, find ridiculous and offensive about our club but it unreasonable to point out that this is not a justifiable or rational starting point for discussing the state of the club and our way forward?

How humane is it to empathise with extreme views? Is it good to be deluded?

HatterDon

Who the hell are you to say that The Swan is not a loyal supporter? That's a low-life bottom-feeding remark.

I expect a rebuke is on its way -- to me, of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Quote from: HatterDon on January 18, 2013, 01:52:53 AM

Who the hell are you to say that The Swan is not a loyal supporter? That's a low-life bottom-feeding remark.

I expect a rebuke is on its way -- to me, of course.

Where did I say he was not a loyal supporter?

Apparently I am being too sharp in my responses already so I do not need others making up things that I have not said.

He said that he has been " . . .watching the rubbish football we have been playing this season (apart from the home win over Norwich)".

I made the suggestion that he might like to try watching another team if watching Fulham made him that unhappy.