Fickle Fans Who Get Managers The Sack...Read On

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 23, 2013, 09:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toshes Fag Packet

The Morons Who Made Steve Kean and Alex McCleishs life hell at
Blackburn and Villa finally got their way in the end with both leaving
their posts.
And what has happened Blackburn and Villa are in far worse positions
than when the two mentioned were dismissed.
So you Jol out brigade take heed,its best to stick with what you got
sometimes.
The grass isnt always greener.

epsomraver

What a poor argument for keeping Jol, why are they " morons" because they want change? Did they pick the replacements who have failed to perform? What about the numerous clubs that have improved under new management?

Toshes Fag Packet

Simple answer,Jol is a far better coach than they are.
Rightly some clubs have improved under new management,I was
just pointing out the hate that was thrown at the two mentioned.
Far too many managers losing their jobs.
Again this week Atkins at Saints,Diabolical...

mangoputney

Quote from: epsomraver on January 23, 2013, 09:27:25 AM
What a poor argument for keeping Jol, why are they " morons" because they want change? Did they pick the replacements who have failed to perform? What about the numerous clubs that have improved under new management?

+ 1

bookies are the morons, 14/1 to be relegated... post WHU & Man (h) games thats gonna shorten massively
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

mangoputney

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 23, 2013, 09:31:43 AM

i'd take Adkins, might cheer the changing room up and put some hunger and fire in their bellies, as there is no TW shining knight, relegation battle on a new stand budget

Macintosh's Last Stand!!!
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

epsomraver

Quote " Jol is a far better coach than they are " really? what do you base that on? Sanchez was sacked for a performance far better than Jol's current run! fans were calling for his head though!  
Adkins is a poor example and blows your argument away, the fans loved him, he was doing well but the owners had weeks ago already decided to replace him what ever happened,  they see the club as a top 4 club, ( yes another one)

TonyGilroy

Whoever thought that Kean or McLeish would succeed when they were appointed - certainly not the clubs supporters who were anti from day one.

I'd still expect Lambert to turn things round at Villa but that might well be after a relegation.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: epsomraver on January 23, 2013, 09:36:01 AM

Quote " Jol is a far better coach than they are " really? what do you base that on? Sanchez was sacked for a performance far better than Jol's current run! fans were calling for his head though! 
Adkins is a poor example and blows your argument away, the fans loved him, he was doing well but the owners had weeks ago already decided to replace him what ever happened,  they see the club as a top 4 club, ( yes another one)
I thought he took Spurs to top five twice.
Or isnt that good enough in your book...?

epsomraver

No not really, with squad he had and the money spent they should have been at least in the top three, why do you think ' Arry got the push?

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: epsomraver on January 23, 2013, 09:49:14 AM
No not really, with squad he had and the money spent they should have been at least in the top three, why do you think ' Arry got the push?

Wonder if your one of the numpties who sit behind me, and
moaned when Woy was manager,then Hughes and now Jol.
And just who do you think is coming here?Fergie and the Chosen
One as his Assistant...Zzzzzzzz

Rupert

To address the initial post, I agree with the cautionary, "Be careful what you wish for" sentiment, but I think it is wrong to describe the fans mentioned as morons. Sometimes a manager is simply not a good fit for a club. Take us and Sanchez, for example. I was never comfotrable with him at the helm. Okay, so he was very unsuccessful, so an easy example. How about Hughes? Many of us were not comfortable with him in charge, but results, after Christmas, meant we were not very vocal about it. I was not upset when he left.

I can't really comment on Kean at Blackburn, because I really did not take much notice of them, but I can definately understand Villa fans being unhappy with McLeish, under him they played dull, pedestrian, defensive football, a far cry from what they were used to. I commented to a friend after our early season 0-0 against them in 2011, that I would hate to face watching that sort of thing week after week. And no, we are not there yet under Jol.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: Rupert on January 23, 2013, 10:05:40 AM
To address the initial post, I agree with the cautionary, "Be careful what you wish for" sentiment, but I think it is wrong to describe the fans mentioned as morons. Sometimes a manager is simply not a good fit for a club. Take us and Sanchez, for example. I was never comfotrable with him at the helm. Okay, so he was very unsuccessful, so an easy example. How about Hughes? Many of us were not comfortable with him in charge, but results, after Christmas, meant we were not very vocal about it. I was not upset when he left.

I can't really comment on Kean at Blackburn, because I really did not take much notice of them, but I can definately understand Villa fans being unhappy with McLeish, under him they played dull, pedestrian, defensive football, a far cry from what they were used to. I commented to a friend after our early season 0-0 against them in 2011, that I would hate to face watching that sort of thing week after week. And no, we are not there yet under Jol.

Kean went through two years of personal abuse from them
MORONS and his family(stuff put through their letterbox of their home)
Its a game of football for Gods Sake.
Would love it if they went down...

Lighthouse

What has been the majority opinion after a match in the last 15, 16 games.

' We only tried when we were behind. We only had 1 or 2 shots. Too many poor mistakes. We can't pass. What the hell were the subs about?'  Etc etc etc.

I don't think we are fickle fans. I also don't believe Jol has come close to proving he is a good coach at Fulham even in the good times. One or two good decisions I grant you. But more bad than good.

So clearly the club are not spending BUT selling. So we need a manager who is happy with that. Cheaper too. Jol is not the manager for a struggling old side like ours has become. I blame the club for making the decisions they have over funds. But sadly we have to admit Jol is not the man to help us battle against relegation or get out of the Championship if we do fall.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

I'm sure fans who question Jol are not being fickle.We all want to see the team do well and I'm still on the fence with him. But how you can not questions a manger who has led us to the following:

15 game lge run which is:
W2 D6 L7 F-17 A-29 Pts 12

Is pretty bloody long for a blip.

For comparison Newcastle are the other club along with us that have dropped like a stone into the bottom half and their 15 game run is:
W3 D2 L10 F-16 A-29 Pts 11

I think most would agree that it looks like Alan Pardew is in danger, difference is they are spending money to rectify the situation.

Logicalman

MODERATOR NOTE:

Keep it friendly on here lads. Name calling is for other MBs, not on this one, as we all are aware.

FulhamMic

Sanchez was sacked for a performance far better than Jol's current run!

Hardly! He'd won only two games the season he was sacked, we were in 18th position in the league (read: in the relegation zone) and had blown north of £20m on players who (bar the odd exception) couldn't cut it in the Premier League.

MJG

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 23, 2013, 10:33:25 AM
Sanchez was sacked for a performance far better than Jol's current run!

Hardly! He'd won only two games the season he was sacked, we were in 18th position in the league (read: in the relegation zone) and had blown north of £20m on players who (bar the odd exception) couldn't cut it in the Premier League.
Sanchez record when sacked in 2007/08 season was:
P 17 W2 D7 L8 F-18 A-28 Pts 13
Not a massive amount of difference given Jol's 15 game record

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: MJG on January 23, 2013, 10:22:11 AM
I'm sure fans who question Jol are not being fickle.We all want to see the team do well and I'm still on the fence with him. But how you can not questions a manger who has led us to the following:

For comparison Newcastle are the other club along with us that have dropped like a stone into the bottom half and their 15 game run is:

I think most would agree that it looks like Alan Pardew is in danger, difference is they are spending money to rectify the situation.

I agree with what you say Jim to a point.
My posting was a simple statement that clubs changing managers
all the time doesnt work out.( Bit of loyalty helps sometimes)
And a lot of fans are fickle nowadays in all the leagues too easy
to blame manager for everything.
It wouldnt be Jols fault if Berbatov missed a sitter or penalty
in the last minute to save a match would it.
We lose that match and its the Manager who gets the stick at the
final whistle,not the player.

FulhamMic

Quote from: MJG on January 23, 2013, 10:43:13 AM
Sanchez record when sacked in 2007/08 season was:
P 17 W2 D7 L8 F-18 A-28 Pts 13
Not a massive amount of difference given Jol's 15 game record

But you're not comparing like for like. After Jol's first 17 games this season, we had 20pts, 7 more than Sanchez. And Jol certainly didn't invest £20m in his squad, in fact you could say the exact opposite happened since his two best players were sold and not subsequently replaced.

epsomraver

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 23, 2013, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 23, 2013, 10:22:11 AM

I agree with what you say Jim to a point.
My posting was a simple statement that clubs changing managers
all the time doesnt work out.( Bit of loyalty helps sometimes)
And a lot of fans are fickle nowadays in all the leagues too easy
to blame manager for everything.
It wouldnt be Jols fault if Berbatov missed a sitter or penalty
in the last minute to save a match would it.
We lose that match and its the Manager who gets the stick at the
final whistle,not the player.

He would not get stick if the team had played well and TRIED!

Not Jol's fault for individual errors no but it is his fault for the boring football we play, the team selection, the set up of the team and the team spirit, they all come from the MANAGER!