watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need pace in our side

Started by JackyFulham90, January 23, 2013, 11:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Berba , Ruiz & Duff are all top class & in some games they will unlock a team with there quality but we look quite predictable at times & that's because our side lacks pace, Jol needs to play the players with pace that open up gaps for me we would be much more effective with a team of

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson

Dejagah Sidwell Diarra/Kara Frei

Berba/Ruiz

Rodallega

For there faults Rodallega, Frei & Dejagah add pace to the side & I want to see a Fulham team with pace home & away from home, we have the players to play this way

Northern Cottager

I am all about adding some pace, but adding pace without quality is pointless. We may aswell play 11 Usain Bolts who would get there ridiculously quickly but not do much about it when they are there. We need a combination of pace with quality and unfortunately, aside from Dejegah, it looks like for both we need to look elsewhere.

JackyFulham90

I quite like Rodallega he works hard for the team, I think with a proper run in the side Rodallega & Frei would do well for us

Northern Cottager

Rodallega makes himself a great amount of space and gets himself one on one with thel ast defender countless times but simply cannot get passed them and get a decent effort on goal. It's painful to watch when I've seen him in the past do it well.

Andy_M

This seemed to be Jol's philosophy at the start of the season to get more pace into the team. It's kind of gone a bit backwards since Diarra's been out injured opting to play safe and not have such a pacey attacking look to the team which has co-incided with our poor run of form and the goals drying up.

Bring back the pacey attacking look we started the season with!
@got_maile

Huxley

Marko Marin would do the trick. Can't remember if he is a left or right sided player. Just need someone with pace and trickery to draw 2 or more players. He will never break into teh Chelsea team (surely he must know that), so how about a loan with an option to buy him for a cheaky 5mil? He was brilliant at Borrusia M'gladbach, worth his place in teh german national team. But he knows he needs to play to get back into the team.

epsomraver

Being fair to Rodders, he has not got the best first touch but sometimes I have seen him try to control a very heavy pass to him which most would have trouble with, he has great energy and would he improve with better service and a run in the team?

EJL

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on January 23, 2013, 11:26:20 AM
Marko Marin would do the trick. Can't remember if he is a left or right sided player. Just need someone with pace and trickery to draw 2 or more players. He will never break into teh Chelsea team (surely he must know that), so how about a loan with an option to buy him for a cheaky 5mil? He was brilliant at Borrusia M'gladbach, worth his place in teh german national team. But he knows he needs to play to get back into the team.

He's played on the left for the majority of his career, I believe, although in recent seasons he's been playing quite a bit down the middle as a number ten. Benitez has even been trying him out as the right attacking midifielder in a 4231. Mr Versatile. We've had Chelsea players on loan in the past so you never know. I recall reading somewhere that he wants to stay and fight for his place, though.

domprague

Marin is a good shout but he's probably on huge wages and wouldn't want a drop to what the rest of us would call 'money of a lifetime' at the Cottage.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

epsomraver

He might with the promise of first team Prem football, he needs to play, we can offer that to him

FulhamMic

Quote from: epsomraver on January 23, 2013, 11:27:23 AM
Being fair to Rodders, he has not got the best first touch but sometimes I have seen him try to control a very heavy pass to him which most would have trouble with, he has great energy and would he improve with better service and a run in the team?

This is very true.

Whilst he was undoubtedly brought in as a striker, his pace allows him to pull defenders out of position creating space for others. He does this exceptionally well and this part of his game is definitely under-appreciated.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: EJL on January 23, 2013, 11:40:33 AM
Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on January 23, 2013, 11:26:20 AM

He's played on the left for the majority of his career, I believe, although in recent seasons he's been playing quite a bit down the middle as a number ten. Benitez has even been trying him out as the right attacking midifielder in a 4231. Mr Versatile. We've had Chelsea players on loan in the past so you never know. I recall reading somewhere that he wants to stay and fight for his place, though.

some people on the web say CSKA Moscow want to take him on loan

jmh

Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 23, 2013, 11:07:48 AM
I am all about adding some pace, but adding pace without quality is pointless. We may aswell play 11 Usain Bolts who would get there ridiculously quickly but not do much about it when they are there.
I call this "Wayne Routledge".

EJL

Quote from: jmh on January 23, 2013, 03:00:05 PM
I am all about adding some pace, but adding pace without quality is pointless. We may aswell play 11 Usain Bolts who would get there ridiculously quickly but not do much about it when they are there.
Maybe the old Wayne Routledge. Having a fantastic season for Swansea.

jmh

Quote from: EJL on January 23, 2013, 05:28:20 PM
Quote from: jmh on January 23, 2013, 03:00:05 PM
Maybe the old Wayne Routledge. Having a fantastic season for Swansea.
OK, fair enough.  When he played for Fulham he was garbage, though in fairness he was only 21 or 22 so it's to be expected. 

Maybe also a lesson to be learned for people who are ready to decide that Briggs and Kacaniklic and Trotta and Kasami will never amount to anything.  Players need time to develop.

PaulJ123

Schwarz
Riether H H Richardson
Diarra (when fit) Kara
Rodallega Ruiz Kaca
Berbatov

would be my team. Only if Berbatov actually stands up front thought, otherwise Petric over him

A Humble Man

We Are Fulham, Believe.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 23, 2013, 11:18:41 AM
Rodallega makes himself a great amount of space and gets himself one on one with thel ast defender countless times but simply cannot get passed them and get a decent effort on goal. It's painful to watch when I've seen him in the past do it well.

Perhaps, if Berba would follow the play, Hugo would have someone to dump off to.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

A Humble Man

We have a lot of fast player who do not know how to use it.  Duff has short bursts of pace that he uses very wisely.
We Are Fulham, Believe.