News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we going to sign anyone?,...anyone at all?

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, January 23, 2013, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

It seems that all but us are signing players, in what has been a crap premership season for most teams involved i think we need to sign a couple of big names and pay the money.
Lucky for us other teams are also playing poo and that has been a saving grace for us, but if we think we can wing it on a couple of loan deals to see us through to the summer i dont think its going to cut it this year and relegation is a possiblity.
For once, we need to follow suit and get some names in that are going to cut it, if we pay a bit more so be it, it might well mean a season in the premiership rather than championship. :dead horse: :doh:

JustOverTheRiver

Another thread about frustration... Just keep your faith and hopefully someone will come in before the end of the window. I don't know what you were expecting though, we are not made of money.  Newcastle apparently gave Pardew 17 mil - we are obviously not going to give that much to Jol.  It is hard to be shrewd and it takes more time than simply throwing millions of pounds at any French team that will listen.

zander

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on January 23, 2013, 04:18:42 PM
Another thread about frustration... Just keep your faith and hopefully someone will come in before the end of the window. I don't know what you were expecting though, we are not made of money.  Newcastle apparently gave Pardew 17 mil - we are obviously not going to give that much to Jol.  It is hard to be shrewd and it takes more time than simply throwing millions of pounds at any French team that will listen.

:plus one:

Lets wait and see how the window plays out. Then once we know our squad for the next few months and what other teams have done people are free to panic and vent.

horse1031

yeah, kind of frustrating.  the transfer window sucks.  Jol has made atleast 1 good signing in all the transfer windows since he has become manager so i have hope for that continuing!!!!!!
Getting quality players is one of Jol's strongest assets I believe.

Ruiz - Summer 2011 Transfer Window

Pogrebnyak - January 2012 Transfer Window

Berbatov - Summer Transfer

Lionel Messi - January 2013 Transfer Window

cebu

Quote from: horse1031 on January 23, 2013, 04:45:16 PM
yeah, kind of frustrating.  the transfer window sucks.  Jol has made atleast 1 good signing in all the transfer windows since he has become manager so i have hope for that continuing!!!!!!
Getting quality players is one of Jol's strongest assets I believe.

Ruiz - Summer 2011 Transfer Window

Pogrebnyak - January 2012 Transfer Window

Berbatov - Summer Transfer

Lionel Messi - January 2013 Transfer Window

Is Messi already over 30?  We might have a chance to get him  ...  of course he might not shine without some service from our midfield!

MOR :

Must say that I'm starting to worry that nobody will come (and I mean someone that will step straight into the 1st team).

I know that these things take time but if Jol doesn't know or isn't going to get the money then this will be a tough 2nd half to the Season.

Something should have been sorted by now...

horse1031

Quote from: MOR : on January 23, 2013, 05:03:45 PM
Must say that I'm starting to worry that nobody will come (and I mean someone that will step straight into the 1st team).

I know that these things take time but if Jol doesn't know or isn't going to get the money then this will be a tough 2nd half to the Season.

all of Jol's dealings have been in the last couple of days of a transfer window.  dont know why...

HatterDon

Quote from: horse1031 on January 23, 2013, 05:14:22 PM

all of Jol's dealings have been in the last couple of days of a transfer window.  dont know why...

time is running out on the selling clubs and sale prices plummet. That's how 'arry the Thug always got those bargains at Spuds.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

80% from 28 Jan
50% on 31 Jan
likely a name we have not been linked to yet be at least 1.
I estimate guess we will get 2 signings .

I will worry on 1 Feb and not before

horse1031

Quote from: Riverside on January 23, 2013, 05:27:49 PM
80% from 28 Jan
50% on 31 Jan
likely a name we have not been linked to yet be at least 1.
I estimate guess we will get 2 signings .

I will worry on 1 Feb and not before

that stat needs to have its own topic on the main page.

80%!

Herbie

Quote from: HatterDon on January 23, 2013, 05:17:15 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on January 23, 2013, 05:14:22 PM

time is running out on the selling clubs and sale prices plummet. That's how 'arry the Thug always got those bargains at Spuds.

I would have thought it would be the opposite, HD.  Generally it's the buying club that are the needy party in the deal and so would have the weaker negotiating position. 

Remember how logic went out of the window when Andy Carroll somehow commanded a transfer fee of 30 odd million?

ron

Definition of Logic = "A thought process that people in football management find alien and threatening"

SP

To avoid a repeat of this torment next season I think we should arrange bucket collections at all home games till the end of the season to raise funds for a supporters signing.  After hours of calculating what's achievable, I've worked out we can raise enough cash this season to buy Lee Cook back from Leyton Orient.  Sounds like a plan to me...

064.gif