watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can anyone remember the great freeze of 1963

Started by The Swan, January 25, 2013, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

licker

" P.S. Good to see you back on here, Licker. Don't make a stranger of yourself "

Thanks Silver, Been busy building my new website, plus had a few health issues.

Good luck against the Mancs.

Bill

Kent Cassandra

I remember driving down to Senghenydd in wales with a minibus full of family to my grandads birthday celebration. Only one lane was open on the A40 (no motorway then) and I had to follow a snowplough most of the way down. They made me stop for a pee at a layby and everyone went behind the bushes.
I can still see the massive clouds of steam rising from the field.
We were building a church down in kent and the site was closed down for three months, we had a caravan on the site and  had a job to find it as it was completely covered in snow.
Like others I saw every home match that season and remember that during that record breaking run of wins a young lad made his debut against Aston Villa and scored the only goal in a 1-0 victory.

The lads name was Rodney Marsh.     It seems amazing now that Leyton Orient were in the top flight and it was typically Fulhamish that they drew with us away and beat us 0-2 at home.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

ron

1963 ...... There was no football for weeks, and as football starved 13 year olds, we decided to go to Highbury (who had pitch heating) to watch them vs Bolton and Tottenham in consecutive weeks. 3-2 and 2-3 were the scores.

That was 50 years ago, and strangely I have never been back to either Highbury, or the Emirates in all those years.