https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What we really Need Is.

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 26, 2013, 09:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toshes Fag Packet

:031:
A 15 to 20 goals a season striker,now that Count is spending
more time in his own penalty box than the oppositions one.

filham

And what do you think is the price of a 20 goal /season premiership striker.
Berbatov is by far the best we can expect to have at Fulham, we must simply make te best possible use of him by ensuring his support players are up to scratch.

A Humble Man

A fifteen - twenty goal striker is what all teams want, but finding one is difficult as most who can do it only do is for a few short years and never do it again.  For example Dempsey will never have a season as good as the last one.  Look for natural strikers in the lower divisions of Europe is the best bet.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Toshes Fag Packet

A guy at Swansea cost them 2 million,how many goals has he scored.
There out there if you have a proper scouting systemn. :031:

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 26, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

yes, but how many goals will he score next season?

If he fails to reach the same figures the above statement will be proven right.

Danny

Swansea midfield is much much better .
Berbatov is 20+ striker with quality players around.

RoyTund

What we need is a midfield that can regularly supply our strikers.  The midfield is, at the moment, the primary cause of our problems both going forward and going back.

zander

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 26, 2013, 10:01:03 AM
A fifteen - twenty goal striker is what all teams want, but finding one is difficult as most who can do it only do is for a few short years and never do it again.  For example Dempsey will never have a season as good as the last one.  Look for natural strikers in the lower divisions of Europe is the best bet.

:plus one:

I completely agree and its for that reason we need a threat from midfield. Relying on a striker for a club of our size will always be difficult due to reasons you mentioned.

What's more if we got a 15-20 goal striker how long would we realistically be able to hold onto him. 1 maybe 2 seasons before a big offer would come in and we'd be back to square one.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on January 26, 2013, 11:34:03 AM

yes, but how many goals will he score next season?

If he fails to reach the same figures the above statement will be proven right.

Thats nonsense he might score more next season..Doh

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: zander on January 26, 2013, 12:45:53 PM
A fifteen - twenty goal striker is what all teams want, but finding one is difficult as most who can do it only do is for a few short years and never do it again.  For example Dempsey will never have a season as good as the last one.  Look for natural strikers in the lower divisions of Europe is the best bet.

I completely agree and its for that reason we need a threat from midfield. Relying on a striker for a club of our size will always be difficult due to reasons you mentioned.

What's more if we got a 15-20 goal striker how long would we realistically be able to hold onto him. 1 maybe 2 seasons before a big offer would come in and we'd be back to square one.

Oh right lets not play with a striker then,why did I mention it.
Just rely on midfield to get goals.
So what your saying is you dont want someone who can bang them
in on a regular basis.
Fulham Fans are a strange lot,why dont we just go back to the second
division...Doh

Humbled

agree with the fact we need a striker.... i would take a headless chicken that rans faster than any defender in the prem :-)

zander

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 26, 2013, 05:49:17 PM

Oh right lets not play with a striker then,why did I mention it.
Just rely on midfield to get goals.
So what your saying is you dont want someone who can bang them
in on a regular basis.
Fulham Fans are a strange lot,why dont we just go back to the second
division...Doh

Maybe I wasn't quite articulate enough with my post. Of course you need a striker and ideally one who is reasonable prolific but it's fairly pointless if the midfield is not good enough. A striker relies on service, therefore a midfield threat both in terms of goals and creating chances is fundamentally key.

If Fulham are serious about developing youth and building a team for the future then a good balance across the squad is essential in my eyes. Adding a 15-20 goal striker to a good core of players would be brilliant and I wouldn't turn that chance down. However sharing the responsibility somewhat and having a threat from other areas also makes it much harder for the opposition.

LordNelson

Quote from: RoyTund on January 26, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
What we need is a midfield that can regularly supply our strikers.  The midfield is, at the moment, the primary cause of our problems both going forward and going back.

Messi could be your forward, but without proper feeding or service, machts nichts.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: LordNelson on January 26, 2013, 06:32:51 PM

Messi could be your forward, but without proper feeding or service, machts nichts.
The great man would still score if they didnt have a midfield at all..lol
You cant worry about other clubs after top striker if we had one, other
clubs will come sniffing after any good player regardless of what position
he plays in..

Humbled

could see it as no service, or u could see it as our 2 attackers being 2 yards from our defensive midfielders creating the problem..

chicken or the egg??

i know which 1 i think it is

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: Humbled on January 26, 2013, 06:47:15 PM

could see it as no service, or u could see it as our 2 attackers being 2 yards from our defensive midfielders creating the problem..

chicken or the egg??

i know which 1 i think it is
It doesnt really matter which way now.
Nobody would want to sign for us after another gutless
carry on like today...