more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Against West Ham

Started by Humbled, January 26, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 27, 2013, 10:01:24 AM
Why start Frimpong? Isn't that risky?  Not enough training ground time together...  Rodallega has been a huge disappointment.  I wouldn't start him either.  As to the formation, don't make wholesale changes.  W need consistency.  FFC has to win the next game.

Whilst I agree that Rodallega has been a disappointment at least he will be hungry when he starts.
I don't usually do these team things but here goes:
I've always said Richardson isn't a natrual LB but he's the best we have at the moment so I'll swallow my pride.
                       Schwartzer
Reither Hughes Hangeland Richardson
             Karagounis Sidwell
Ruiz.               Petric.          Kacanicilic
                     Rodellega

Notice now Hughes & Hangeland are close rather than 30yds apart.
Bring Frimpong and Berbatov (if he hasn't driven away from the ground sulking) on

Snibbo

Richardson is injured. Can't see him being back for a few weeks.
Doubt if Frimpong will start. They haven't assessed how fit he is yet, and little time to train with the team. Maybe off the bench.

Fulham_Surrey

We need 1 wide player.  I m serious.  We need as many central midfielders to protect our feeble defense as we can get.

mannyfrommarden

Unless Dejagah is more direct and learns to shoot at goal rather than passing and not taking responsibility he should be dropped.  He has pace and needs to use it to force the opposition into fouls or errors... just as Walcott does for Arsenal.  Karagounis shows passion and commitment and is a must.  We have to press the opposition and not sit off them letting them pick their passes.  Take a leaf out of Southampton's book.

Tonywa

I don't se that Rodders is a disappointment.  Surely he has played for us exactly as he did at Wigan, not scoring many goals and having about one good game in ten.

Rudolph

So you'd all have Hughes in after yesterday's horror show?

I guess it's all about WHO you have blind faith in I suppose.

epsomraver

Yes he scored a goal did some great cut outs and if you think your favourite would have done better then that is what I call blind faith.

EJL

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on January 27, 2013, 09:19:42 AM
I'd like to see us try Bryan Ruiz in central midfield again but next to Frimpong, kind of creating a model of Chelsea's Lampard and Essien midfield.

------------Schwarzer
Riether Senderos Hangeland Briggs
----------Ruiz Frimpong
Dejagah Berbatov Richardson
----------Rodallega

Ruiz should help get the ball from defence to attack, Frimpong would win back possession and give it to our more creative player. Rodallega would give our attack a point, also works hard chasing the ball and running channels, protection from defending set pieces also.
Unlike Ruiz, Lampard can put himself about. Yeah, he'll jostle around about a bit but he'll get carved apart. However, I can understand why you'd want to try it out again seeing as Ruiz wasn't playing with a proper holding player last time.

ffc73

If we are all having a go playing this game, my team on Wednesday would be

Stockdale (recalled from Hull)

Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson (if not fit Briggs)

Duff Frimpong Sidwell Kacaniklic

Ruiz

Petric

Subs - Schwarzer , Hughes , Baird , Karagounis , Degajah , Berba , Hugo

I suspect Jol will start with: -

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson (if not fit Riise)

Duff Karagounis Sidwell Dejagah

Ruiz

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Baird , Frimpong , Kaca , Hugo , Petric

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on January 27, 2013, 12:19:52 PM
Yes he scored a goal did some great cut outs and if you think your favourite would have done better then that is what I call blind faith.

I think this is the trouble with supporters, we all have different ideas of who should be or not be playing, if we are honest both hangers and hughes over the past few weeks have been well below par, yet not given the same treatment that Senderos gets, and to be fair the way Hangers played at the ha's when he was mugged off 2/3 times was considerably worse than anything Senderos has done. Now i am not a Senderos lover/hater or whatever, but if he was selected and scored a hat trick, cleared 3 chances off the line given his all for a victory, some people would still find fault, but it is all about opinions and by god we all have them.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JackyFulham90

Rodallega has to start he may not score loads of goals but he works really hard and offers a threat in behind the back 4