watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Against West Ham

Started by Humbled, January 26, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

so..... who would you go with?? im going to assume Ruiz and Berbatov will start despite (for me) being useless in an attacking sense together, so here goes -

Schwarzer
Riether     Hughes     Hangeland     Richardson (if fit)
           Sidwell   Frimpong   Karagounis
                   Berbatov   Ruiz
                    Rodellga/Petric

sorry to start this already but had to take my mind of this game!!!

Riverside

Quote from: Humbled on January 26, 2013, 06:59:31 PM
so..... who would you go with?? im going to assume Ruiz and Berbatov will start despite (for me) being useless in an attacking sense together, so here goes -

Schwarzer
Riether     Hughes     Hangeland     Richardson (if fit)
           Sidwell   Frimpong   Karagounis
                   Berbatov   Ruiz
                    Rodellga/Petric

sorry to start this already but had to take my mind of this game!!!

I would try this
Wings cannot cross at the moment
And if they did there would be nobody in the box
And we need more midfield bite

We need to try something new

zander

Right, putting aside where you sit on the Jol in/out deabate and today's display what team and tactics would you employ or want to see on wednesday?

EJL

If dropping Berbatov meant no repercussions then I'd go with this:

Schwarzer
Riether - Hughes - Hangeland - Richardson (if fit)
Karagounis - Frimpong
Dejagah - Ruiz - Kacaniklic
Petric

By having a proper holding player in the midfield we can afford to field one or two players who are, perhaps, weak defensively. I think the only thing separating Duff and Dejagah is Duff's willingness to track back and do it effectively.

We just need a number nine up there; someone who's going to stay centrally and actually get a few shots away. Berba doesn't work and because of that we can't get the most out of Ruiz's abilities either.

The midfield: go back to basics. Having a powerhouse and a creator is a tried and tested combination- think Etuhu and Murphy.

zander

There is no doubting Berbatovs quality but I don't think its ever healthy to have a player that dropping would cause repercussions, but hey thats where we are.

Interesting to see you included Frimpong. I was thinking whether it would be likely for him to feature but I think he has to honestly. Including Berbatov I'd choose this

Schwarzer
                               Reither -  Hughes - Hangeland - Richardson/Briggs
                                           Frimpong -  Karagounis
                               Duff                                        Kacaniklic
                                            Berbatov   Rodallega/Petric

I know people are going to slate that lineup but actually sitting down and thinking about it I truly realised how inflexible the midfield is. I'd even be tempted to include Kasami. The reason for 4-4-2 is simply because we HAVE to have a presence upfront and if you cant drop Berbatov then Ruiz is the one who suffers. Berbatov will drop back to collect the ball because that is his nature.

The biggest thing is just to see some commitment and passion, a bit cliché I know. And against a Big Sam team winning the second ball is crucial.

PaulJ123

Schwarzer
Riether-Hughes-Hangeland-Richardson
Frimpong-Karagounis/Sidwell
Dejagah Berbatov Kacaniklic
Rodallega

Reason for Rodallega is, he will make the runs to create space for Berbatov behind him i.e vs Newcastle which is when we looked dangerous in my opinion.

If we could not use Berbatov i would and go for Ruiz ahead of him, but Jol will pick berba every game

IranianCottager

Time for Jol to send a message to his "stars" by benching them.
My line-up:
-------------------Schwarzer-------------------
-Riether-----Hughes---Hangeland-----Briggs-
--------------Sidwell----Frimpong-------------
---Dejagah------Karagounis-----Kacaniklic---
---------------------Petric----------------------

Bench:
Etheridge, Senderos, Baird, Duff, Ruiz, Rodallega, Berbatov

Karagounis can push up this way more, like he does with Greece.

Humbled

Humbled

Tried to start this discussion earlier, this is what I put.

Schwarzer
Riether     Hughes     Hangeland     Richardson (if fit)
          Sidwell   Frimpong   Karagounis
                  Berbatov   Ruiz
                   Rodellga/Petric

HatterDon

Schwarzer [since we loaned out the wrong keeper];

Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, BRIGGS

Dejagah, Sidwell, Frimpong, Duff/Kacanicklic

Ruiz

Petric/Rodallega

We win 2-1
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

I like Iranians team..... Just swap Ruiz for karsgounis...... Drop berba definitley..... He doesnt care about fulham

MJG

If Frimpong is not fit then Senderos for Baird and Baird into midfield.

Herbie

Schwarzer (predictive text suggested Schwarzenegger - perhaps this predictive text is cleverer than I thought!)

Reither - Hughes - Hangeland - Richardson (Briggs, if Richardson is not fit)

Duff - Karagounis - Sidwell - Kaca

Ruiz

Petric

Then look at bringing on Frimpong in the second half.  I'd be surprised if Frimpong started the game as he's only just joined and it would take time to learn how the team likes to move and the fluid attacking style that we have. 

I am, for removal of doubt, being sarcastic about the attacking movement, but in all seriousness I'd be surprised if Jol threw him straight in so quickly.

As for Berba, see how the game develops and maybe look to bring him on as their players get tired.

Roberty

Quote from: Herbie on January 27, 2013, 08:38:29 AM
Schwarzer (predictive text suggested Schwarzenegger - perhaps this predictive text is cleverer than I thought!)

Reither - Hughes - Hangeland - Richardson (Briggs, if Richardson is not fit)

Duff - Karagounis - Sidwell - Kaca

Ruiz

Petric

Then look at bringing on Frimpong in the second half.  I'd be surprised if Frimpong started the game as he's only just joined and it would take time to learn how the team likes to move and the fluid attacking style that we have. 

I am, for removal of doubt, being sarcastic about the attacking movement, but in all seriousness I'd be surprised if Jol threw him straight in so quickly.

As for Berba, see how the game develops and maybe look to bring him on as their players get tired.

The "fluid attaching style" is what has gone missing - perhaps it might be better to fall back on the "Bite Yer Legs" style of Norman Hunter - in which case Frimpong will be "the Man.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

DukeTyrion

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2013, 08:27:06 AM

If we can get away with 12 players on the pitch, then this is perfect :wink:

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'd like to see us try Bryan Ruiz in central midfield again but next to Frimpong, kind of creating a model of Chelsea's Lampard and Essien midfield.

------------Schwarzer
Riether Senderos Hangeland Briggs
----------Ruiz Frimpong
Dejagah Berbatov Richardson
----------Rodallega

Ruiz should help get the ball from defence to attack, Frimpong would win back possession and give it to our more creative player. Rodallega would give our attack a point, also works hard chasing the ball and running channels, protection from defending set pieces also.

farfouille

What about this:

----------Schwarzer
Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise
-----Karagounis Frimpong
Duff -----Berbatov----- Ruiz
----------Dejagah
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

MJG

Quote from: DukeTyrion on January 27, 2013, 09:16:59 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2013, 08:27:06 AM

If we can get away with 12 players on the pitch, then this is perfect :wink:
i'll take any advantage.
It was early.
Drop Ruiz then

Forever Fulham

Why start Frimpong? Isn't that risky?  Not enough training ground time together...  Rodallega has been a huge disappointment.  I wouldn't start him either.  As to the formation, don't make wholesale changes.  W need consistency.  FFC has to win the next game. 

JackyFulham90

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson

Dejagah Frimpong Sidwell Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Rodallega

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Baird , Karagounis , Duff , Ruiz , Petric