watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK so we are out of the cup

Started by The Swan, January 26, 2013, 07:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

At least we lost to the Premier league leaders away. We did not lose at home to non league Luton. Or lose at home to league one MK Dons( I hate MK Dons)
We have got to get our team up for the next five league games .Home to West Ham (3 points) home to Man u (1 point)
Away to Norwich (3 points) home to Stoke(3 points) away to Sunderland (1 point). That will give us 11 points + our 25 = 36. With the remaining 10 games we should get enough points to avoid relegation.
I hope this new loan signing from Arsenal, Frimpong can hit the ground running and put some skill into our midfield.
We must beat West Ham to get the ball rolling
The Swan

Cravenawin

Like your optimism.West Ham (1pt) Utd (0pt) Norwich (1pt) Stoke (1pt) Sunderland (0pt). That'll give us 28 pts. Will need at least 10pts from our last 10 games.Cant see it happening.

The Swan

So we lost away to Man U.Today Spurs lost away to Leeds, Chelsea could only draw away with Brentford and Liverpool lost away to Oldham
The Swan

Logicalman

I tend to share Swan's optimism for the games mentioned - OK, perhaps the United one is likely to be a big fat zero, but that's the only one.

If I was a bitters or spuds fan at this moment I would be spitting blood, and the knuckle-draggers down the road cannot be too pleased, not with their calendar of games.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: The Swan on January 27, 2013, 06:14:57 PM
So we lost away to Man U.Today Spurs lost away to Leeds, Chelsea could only draw away with Brentford and Liverpool lost away to Oldham

It doesn't matter what others do - It's what we do that's important!

Markffc123

can see us beating united next week- thats only if we get a good result against west ham - but thats just optimism from my side lol

gezkc

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on January 27, 2013, 06:30:20 PM
Quote from: The Swan on January 27, 2013, 06:14:57 PM

It doesn't matter what others do - It's what we do that's important!

I hope it doesn't get to that stage, but If it goes down to the wire, it could very much matter what others do!  :016:   

Let's hope we can turn things around well before then though.

Riverside

I have not issue with us being out of the cup . Especially away to Man U.

However I have an issue with the lack of effort .

JackyFulham90

No shame in losing to Utd they will win the cup this year

I predict

Fulham 2-1 West Ham
Fulham 1-3 Man Utd
Norwich 1-2 Fulham
Fulham 2-0 Stoke
Sunderland 2-1 Fulham

Can see us getting 9 from the next 5 at a minimum 7, with 7 we have 32 points with 10 games to go we will be fine

jarv

Agree with Mr. riverside, dreadful performance is the most upsetting but out of the cup is fine with me.
Given current form, I can't feel so optimistic I'm afraid.
I just hope Jol studies videos of Luton (to prepare for Norwich) and Arsenal ( to dump west ham 5-0).
I am very nrevous still about Fulham's ability to defend, .... 090.gif

A Humble Man

I watched the away game against West Brom again and realised we only won because for some reason they let us play and did not press us at all and we just passed around them. 

This was a fluke and will not happen again.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 27, 2013, 07:33:11 PM
I watched the away game against West Brom again and realised we only won because for some reason they let us play and did not press us at all and we just passed around them. 

United only won last night cos Fulham let them play and didn't press at all, are you going to discredit that result as quickly as the West Brom one?

TWFL

The positivity, oh sorry, "realism" here is unparalleled sometimes.

I think Mr.Swan has it pretty much spot on. With some new additions we should beat West Ham and hopefully get a point off United as they could be complacent. This'll give us some much needed confidence to go on and win the next two before crumbling to Sunderland and losing up there. That'll be 35 and almost certain safety.

A Humble Man

Quote from: TWFL on January 27, 2013, 07:48:17 PM

The positivity, oh sorry, "realism" here is unparalleled sometimes.

I think Mr.Swan has it pretty much spot on. With some new additions we should beat West Ham and hopefully get a point off United as they could be complacent. This'll give us some much needed confidence to go on and win the next two before crumbling to Sunderland and losing up there. That'll be 35 and almost certain safety.

What has happened in the last few months that could give you such confidence.  I will go to the game with hope but no expectation.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Aaron

9 or 10 points from the next 5?

As much as I would give anything for you guys to be correct I think somewhere between 1 and 4 is more realistic.

HatterDon

The same thing happened when we played them at home earlier in the season. They came into the Cottage as the best form team in the league and then refused to press us. To me, that's the strangest thing this season. Dropping points against lesser opponents like Wigan, Southampton, and Reading is one thing, but taking 6 points off a team that's clearly better than us is stunning.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

we play well against teams that don't press us which is pretty much just West Brom and Arsenal.